Calling all Suede fans

oh and i wanted to say that it could be a bowie thing but at least bowie sat with his style for longer periods than they did. three albums of glam, two of soul and weird soul, three or four with electronic elements etc. brett always seemed to want to move on as soon as it was done which is why i dont think he loved or was in thrall to his music as much as some might believe or wanted them to

Is that a website. I dont Google bands that much since it will always be full of weird people spouting strange Rumours, facts, and theories. A link would be lovely

This might sound strange but all i remember from how i got into the britpop era and found bands like Pulp blur Marion suede Gene was that it started when i discovered the smiths. I come from a place and family were no one, absolutly no one knows anything about the music i do. So it has been a upphill struggle to find music and people to learn from. Im 22. It wasnt that i discovered britpop on Spotify. But know that i think about it i think it started when i saw blur on brit awards and heard girls and boys. That is the starting point for me and bands like suede. I thought Damon albarn had an amazing energy. But i disliked Alex right from the beginning :lbf: so from there is sort of picked into every band in britpop om song at a time. After looking up girls and boys on youtube i got suggested to listen to common people. But then i had to lat britpop on ice to proply dwelwe into the work of moz and the smiths. But suede ended up being my faves of the britpop era even do diffrent class is the best album of the era. I have been desperstly looking for marions debut album but i can find it any where.

hmm weird. im pretty sure i own that and got it off of amazon but i guess they could be gone now. it more guitar heavy and better in that sense. no there both books love and poison being the offical auto and cool britanica is the book about the whole scene and is actually really good imo. it has i think an exstensive blur section as well as elastica pulp and oasis. thats the book that has some bernard perspective in it as love and poison he didnt contribute to.

here are three butler mcalmont song that you might like the first is not representative of there sound but its still pretty damn cool to hear bernard cut a bit loose again. the second two are respective singles from each album. if you havent heard them yet check it out below

the theme (the unrepresentative one. the kickass guitar one)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ebx55P2qzpc

yes full version
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=POIIGYt5RlE

bring it back
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evy7wIzpYI4

also check out bernards producing credits as some might surprise. i had no idea he produce the first libertines e.p till i looked up his credits. he also wrote and album with tim booth of james thats also really really good. tim booth adn the bad angle i think might be the title

yeah but the breaks in the sound get to me as it breaks the flow of the albums spell a bit. daddys speeding is mixed to low so i have to turn the sound up and then back down when the next song comes on and i dont think the recording of black and blue reaaly works in the track list. the breaking of the flow of the album realy really bugs me but i guess thats just me and maybe a few other people. to me the debut is the one that sounds cocky while dog man star in most parts sounds assured. i also do agree with bernard that there is too much reverb dulling some of the edges of the guitar. i dont know, here in my generation the idea of being a rockstar is for like ten year olds so its hard for me to9 imagine someone of his caliber trying to be a riockstar. i mean they used to just play in grey shirts but i think when his life got more extreme and difficult he just fell into a more extreme style of dress and manner. really though the grey shirt period was the contrived part as when brett was in school before the band he was always dressed in suits and had his hair styled so in think they manner of dressing up and fashion are really just extentions of who he is. i mean i think the jean blonde hair period was the time he was also trying to conciously not be himself and to change which is good but i dont think it came out as all that natural. anyway i still ahve the albums as well as sci fi of course and all of the misc b-side which i made into period albums witextensive time tryiinbg to arrange the songs in a satisfactory setlist which surprisingly worked out really well giving me a couple more discs that really felt like lost albums. i think i named one our faidng majesty for the coming up period disc. have you read love and poison, its pretty good imo
Well im pretty newbie on music so i dont pay hat much attention to the flow of songs but rather the individual track. Maybe thats why i always have so much trouble choosing on album of a band as a favourite. You seem very much more in tune with these things. I dont really read that many music books im more of a tv and cinema buff myself.

Also imo i think the cockyness of the debut is very surface for me, relying mostly on the rocky sound but i think in some not all tracks in dog mans star the lyrics are a bit more confrontational and confident/cocky. I but i can see that the debut is more cocky and dogmanstar more modern day silent dignity brett. But Both albums beat the hell out of a new morning. But lost in tv is a shmalsy masterpiece. My only two refrence points when it comes to suede and bretts style is modern days suit esambles and the feminin very open shirts of the nineties. I myself perfered the open feminin shirt ala Morrissey than the suit. Im so untraind to rockstars in suit ( or suit like) beside sixties band like the Kinks and beatles. I know he said he only Wore the shirts because he couldnt affored anything else in on interview once. But your explanation sound spot on. i dont usaally create set lists im so lazy but i will create one to see if i can be more flow consiuence.

hmm weird. im pretty sure i own that and got it off of amazon but i guess they could be gone now. it more guitar heavy and better in that sense. no there both books love and poison being the offical auto and cool britanica is the book about the whole scene and is actually really good imo. it has i think an exstensive blur section as well as elastica pulp and oasis. thats the book that has some bernard perspective in it as love and poison he didnt contribute to.

here are three butler mcalmont song that you might like the first is not representative of there sound but its still pretty damn cool to hear bernard cut a bit loose again. the second two are respective singles from each album. if you havent heard them yet check it out below

the theme (the unrepresentative one. the kickass guitar one)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ebx55P2qzpc

yes full version
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=POIIGYt5RlE

bring it back
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evy7wIzpYI4

also check out bernards producing credits as some might surprise. i had no idea he produce the first libertines e.p till i looked up his credits. he also wrote and album with tim booth of james thats also really really good. tim booth adn the bad angle i think might be the title
Love the debut of Marion the songs are on Spotify. Honestly i checked out in stores not the internet. Thanks for the song links will check them out before i start my Stella street and the leauge of gentlemen marathon. I Love the libertines by the way. The last album was to conventional for me but still sounded great . I must give Bernard more of a chance. Do you know strangely he is the background on my laptop even thought im not that intuned with the single version of him. It has been great chatting with you :)

All the best

Love the debut of Marion the songs are on Spotify. Honestly i checked out in stores not the internet. Thanks for the song links will check them out before i start my Stella street and the leauge of gentlemen marathon. I Love the libertines by the way. The last album was to conventional for me but still sounded great . I must give Bernard more of a chance. Do you know strangely he is the background on my laptop even thought im not that intuned with the single version of him. It has been great chatting with you :)

All the best

same. if you ever wanna talk about tv or movies ive some knowledge there as well but this is kinda what ive been good at all my life. i grew up in a musical cult so it was in my face from birth. my dad once woke me up at like two because i just had to hear this record at midnight. strange times but and it produced a strange person but music is something that i breathe naturally. i cant escape it as theres always a song in my head. ive done music all my life and making tracklists is a lot of fun. i mean if you jumble up the songs on dog man star is it still the same listen for you because its not for me and that goes for other albums as well. yeah i agree the butler period was great but he also got the best of brett to so there something to that angle as well but over all i agree. i assume youve listened to strangelove, if not get the first and third album, and i love alex who worked on a new morning and truthfully i enjoy it more than comming up or head music. lonely girls is great and so is you belong to me lost in tv oceans simon obsessions are all better to me than filmstar lazy saturday night (i hate that song). i also assume youve got the offical b-side but there are albums worth of other great songs that dont appear so seak them out like cheap for instance or. hell i even to this day love golden gun. llibertines ar ealso great but im kinda of the same opinion you are. last album was fine. laters

p.s. really if you wanna check out bernard post suede mcalmont and tim booth and even the firwt duffy album which he did pretty much bu himself telling he how to sing. she ditched him on the second album and it flopped no surprise. what im trying to say is be caerful of his solo albums as they can put you off looking for other stuff thats actually great. if you wanna hear those songs check them out live or acoustic. the version he did acoustic for tv of stay stops me dead every time

same. if you ever wanna talk about tv or movies ive some knowledge there as well but this is kinda what ive been good at all my life. i grew up in a musical cult so it was in my face from birth. my dad once woke me up at like two because i just had to hear this record at midnight. strange times but and it produced a strange person but music is something that i breathe naturally. i cant escape it as theres always a song in my head. ive done music all my life and making tracklists is a lot of fun. i mean if you jumble up the songs on dog man star is it still the same listen for you because its not for me and that goes for other albums as well. yeah i agree the butler period was great but he also got the best of brett to so there something to that angle as well but over all i agree. i assume youve listened to strangelove, if not get the first and third album, and i love alex who worked on a new morning and truthfully i enjoy it more than comming up or head music. lonely girls is great and so is you belong to me lost in tv oceans simon obsessions are all better to me than filmstar lazy saturday night (i hate that song). i also assume youve got the offical b-side but there are albums worth of other great songs that dont appear so seak them out like cheap for instance or. hell i even to this day love golden gun. llibertines ar ealso great but im kinda of the same opinion you are. last album was fine. laters

p.s. really if you wanna check out bernard post suede mcalmont and tim booth and even the firwt duffy album which he did pretty much bu himself telling he how to sing. she ditched him on the second album and it flopped no surprise. what im trying to say is be caerful of his solo albums as they can put you off looking for other stuff thats actually great. if you wanna hear those songs check them out live or acoustic. the version he did acoustic for tv of stay stops me dead every time

sorry meant not alone. stay is a good song though if a little to ambient for my tastes

I really wonder how the live sets will work. I mean old songs will remain and bloodsport songs will still be there but which songs will they pull from the concept album to to intigrate as it works best as one piece of music. Maybe they'll play a album set and the cram some stuff into am encore. Can't wait to hear no tomorrow live though. O think that'll be awesome live

me and julian have been listening to bloodsports which is still very awesome to me and and is sitting well next to night thoughts but i did wonder if snowblind and pale snow had anything to do with one another or is hes just writting from his perspective which can be very fall winter (only one summer i think)

Fall In Love with Me off that Booth and the Bad Angel album should be a Disney animated movie's theme song. It is so good I can't believe no one picked it up.

After all this time I've got around to giving A New Morning a play. I've been ignoring it as it has a lot of bad reviews and I didn't want to taint my love of all things Suede. It is not a bad as I thought but certainly their weakest album. Someone said it was like a band trying to create a Suede album and failing.

Back
Top Bottom