Calling all Suede fans

Last year I saw live them both – Moz and Brett – for the first time. Moz is out of comparing, of course, but Brett looks breathtaking, he sings expressively and emotionally. I were quite lucky seeing him close enough unlike Moz. The Suede sounded too bright and aggressive that night (partly because of a contrast with previous MGMT's boring set) and played whole “Dog Man Star” adding some hits like “Beautiful Ones”. Although my favorite “Everything Will Flow” wasn’t played I were absolutely satisfied in all meanings :p Also Brett's solo “Love Is Dead” is fantastic and one of my all-time favorites ;)

Oceans is a wonderful track, yes. Really really good song. Almost redeems the album.

Almost.

its pretty sweet and I think the only spot Brett's rouher vocals really worked to full advantage. playing Simon and oceans back to back respectively has a nice emotional punch and reorientation to it.

What a fantastic set they played tonight in Glastonbury!!

Am I the only one didn't know Bernard rejoined them?

One of the best lives of this year's line up.

What a fantastic set they played tonight in Glastonbury!!

Am I the only one didn't know Bernard rejoined them?

One of the best lives of this year's line up.

Yes. Or rather...No.

@Bernard_Butler

annual clarification statement:
Im so happy if you're enjoying my songs at Glasto
I am enjoying my gin & tonic on the sofa IN NORTH LONDON.

:doh:

Yes. Or rather...No.

@Bernard_Butler

annual clarification statement:
Im so happy if you're enjoying my songs at Glasto
I am enjoying my gin & tonic on the sofa IN NORTH LONDON.

:doh:

Other guitarist really looked like Bernard. :(

They tricked on us?

Last edited:
Other guitarist really looked like Bernard. :(

They tricked on us?

um maybe a long time ago i guess though maybe you mean neil with his longer hair and jacket which looks great on him i say. he plays more guitar these days but richard is still the guitarist with short light brown hair and i think hes also like a half foot shorter than bernard. neil plays more of a fill role with his acoustic. the version of shes in fashion not long ago was great with both of them on guitar havnt like much of the new stuff but i havent heard the newest song. richard seems subdued these days and bretts a little to earnest in his choruses though i still love his verses. it starts and ends with you was the biggest offender to fit this category as i loved the verse but the chorus is just so boring. a lot of blood sports was really good though with sabotage for the strangers hit me and sometimes i feel. wish them all the best and will of course pick up the new album when it drops

Did anyone manage to download the 2015 Glastonbury gig off YouTube before it was taken down (reasons unknown). I've downloaded it from the BBC iplayer but that only last for a month. Alternatively does anyone know how to rip the video from BBC iplayer or how stop it from not playing after the month has passed?

Last edited:
Did anyone manage to download the 2015 Glastonbury gig off YouTube before it was taken down (reasons unknown). I've downloaded it from the BBC iplayer but that only last for a month. Alternatively does anyone know how to rip the video from BBC iplayer or how stop it from not playing after the month has passed?

i think the person who made the clip got insulted and took it down. not an unusual occurrence in suede forum world

Some of you interested in homemade Suede compilations ?

in what sense do you mean. like your version of suede mix tapes. if you go to the forum at the moment theres a good deal of interesting material being downloaded at the moment. rarities and the like

Some kind soul has also uploaded the Glastonbury 2015 show. It is recorded from the BBC via Youtube and whilst missing the two new tracks is still over an hour long. Brett looks on fine form. There has been some criticism that it features too much of their older material but surely if you are playing to an audience who aren't necessarily fans then you have to play your more popular and well known songs? Personally I'm simply happy that they are still performing live.

Some kind soul has also uploaded the Glastonbury 2015 show. It is recorded from the BBC via Youtube and whilst missing the two new tracks is still over an hour long. Brett looks on fine form. There has been some criticism that it features too much of their older material but surely if you are playing to an audience who aren't necessarily fans then you have to play your more popular and well known songs? Personally I'm simply happy that they are still performing live.

you can downloadd all the new songs from fans on the suede forum if youd like them though if you didnt know that already

Well, actually I am one of those who posted the Glasto gig (and it includes "Pale snow" & "I don't know how to reach you" which was already available on the recordings of some gigs). Regarding the compilations, yes I meant something that would embody most of what's been done by the band and that does not feature on their albums. Some kind of Never Played Symphony...

um maybe a long time ago i guess though maybe you mean neil with his longer hair and jacket which looks great on him i say. he plays more guitar these days but richard is still the guitarist with short light brown hair and i think hes also like a half foot shorter than bernard. neil plays more of a fill role with his acoustic. the version of shes in fashion not long ago was great with both of them on guitar havnt like much of the new stuff but i havent heard the newest song. richard seems subdued these days and bretts a little to earnest in his choruses though i still love his verses. it starts and ends with you was the biggest offender to fit this category as i loved the verse but the chorus is just so boring. a lot of blood sports was really good though with sabotage for the strangers hit me and sometimes i feel. wish them all the best and will of course pick up the new album when it drops

Capital letters, commas, apostrophes and quotation marks: you need these in your life.

They are still living in the nineties

And morrissey isn't still living in his 70s bedroom?
Suede blow morrissey away live, big time. The band can play and Brett still has loads of energy he makes post 95 morrissey look like an old timer.
Morrissey himself has tried to steal a number of riffs from suede. His band are too shit to play them

Now run along and listen to Oasis dumb Dumb

And morrissey isn't still living in his 70s bedroom?
Suede blow morrissey away live, big time. The band can play and Brett still has loads of energy he makes post 95 morrissey look like an old timer.
Morrissey himself has tried to steal a number of riffs from suede. His band are too shit to play them

Now run along and listen to Oasis dumb Dumb
You have the audacity to call me dumb dumb even though you read my post completely out of context. I was refering to the fans on the suedeboard living in the nineties not suede themselfs. I happen to include suede as one of my favourite bands of the nineties, for a fact one of my all time favourites. I don't particularly listen to oasis i just liked the picture of Liam for my avatar.

Last edited by a moderator:
I promised the wife that I wasn't going to start collecting Suede items but couldn't resist this lot:

Dog Man Star reissued double Lp as new

Sci-Fi Lullabies triple Lp still sealed

Bloodsports box set still sealed

And my favourite item,

Dog Man Star limited numbered boxset still sealed.

Must not buy more, must not buy more.............................

reduced suede.jpg

Back
Top Bottom