Calling all Suede fans

I went to see Suede on Monday night in Glasgow.

I hadn't been inside the Royal Concert Hall since I saw Morrissey there in 1991.

I found myself sitting in the same section as I had that night.

Anyhoo.

The show was in two parts with "Night Thoughts" played in its entirety with the film projected onto a HUGE digital cinema screen and the band playing behind. At certain points the band were lit so that they appeared over, under, beneath the images on the screen. It was very powerful...moving, disturbing and strangely joyous in places. I think the album works best with the images...it works just fine as an album but better as the whole package.

The second half was a hits and treats set;

This Hollywood Life
Killing of a Flashboy
Trash
Sometimes I Feel I'll Float Away
He's Dead
Animal Nitrate
This Time
So Young
Metal Mickey
Beautiful Ones
Everything Will Flow
New Generation

It was...fabulous. A glorious reminder of why I fell in love with them in the first place...a set of album tracks, b-sides and singles each the match of the other. I left feeling like I had seen a band at the height of their powers and not one in terminal decline.

I couldn't help but think how wonderful it could have been had Morrissey decided to do something...different these past few years. Gather a band of gifted musicians or re-unite with the likes of Reilly and Whyte, a real orchestra, a series of concerts like Sparks where his entire back catalogue was given an airing...something, anything.

Where Suede were full of vim and vigour, verve, guts and guile...Morrissey seems, oh I'm sorry, a bit turgid these days by comparison.

I know it's never gonna happen.

Suede though...f***ing brilliant.
But sadly Neil codling lost his asexual adrogyn beauty :( saw them live this year. The long hair is awful. No more dorian gray

But sadly Neil codling lost his asexual adrogyn beauty :( saw them live this year. The long hair is awful. No more dorian gray

i love this hollywood life so much. its probably one of my fav suede songs ever as the guitar can get so claustrophobic at times andn then opens up with the big riff.also of coursr love the sometimes i feel ill float away with the madmen line. this waw kinda a wierd one for me as i wrote a very similar thing in my youth about having so much energy that i could jump in the air and just float away. anyway brett obviously loves the show which is no surprise. i guess m bruno did to

i like the hair myself. he still looks really great as well. anyway i was kinda wondering what charlie would think

I went to see Suede on Monday night in Glasgow.

I hadn't been inside the Royal Concert Hall since I saw Morrissey there in 1991.

I found myself sitting in the same section as I had that night.

Anyhoo.

The show was in two parts with "Night Thoughts" played in its entirety with the film projected onto a HUGE digital cinema screen and the band playing behind. At certain points the band were lit so that they appeared over, under, beneath the images on the screen. It was very powerful...moving, disturbing and strangely joyous in places. I think the album works best with the images...it works just fine as an album but better as the whole package.

The second half was a hits and treats set;

This Hollywood Life
Killing of a Flashboy
Trash
Sometimes I Feel I'll Float Away
He's Dead
Animal Nitrate
This Time
So Young
Metal Mickey
Beautiful Ones
Everything Will Flow
New Generation

It was...fabulous. A glorious reminder of why I fell in love with them in the first place...a set of album tracks, b-sides and singles each the match of the other. I left feeling like I had seen a band at the height of their powers and not one in terminal decline.

I couldn't help but think how wonderful it could have been had Morrissey decided to do something...different these past few years. Gather a band of gifted musicians or re-unite with the likes of Reilly and Whyte, a real orchestra, a series of concerts like Sparks where his entire back catalogue was given an airing...something, anything.

Where Suede were full of vim and vigour, verve, guts and guile...Morrissey seems, oh I'm sorry, a bit turgid these days by comparison.

I know it's never gonna happen.

Suede though...f***ing brilliant.

For me this set list perfectly sums up the difference currently between Suede and Morrissey, just reading it makes me jealous and very sad that I probably won’t see any of this tour. All brilliant tracks and that’s without Asphalt World or The Living Dead, my two favourite Suede songs. Whereas the set lists from any of the recent Mozza shows bores me rigid.

I still love Morrissey, but currently Suede excites me more.

For me this set list perfectly sums up the difference currently between Suede and Morrissey, just reading it makes me jealous and very sad that I probably won’t see any of this tour. All brilliant tracks and that’s without Asphalt World or The Living Dead, my two favourite Suede songs. Whereas the set lists from any of the recent Mozza shows bores me rigid.

^^^ Yup.............The reality is that Moz' more recent new tracks just don't have the quality - it's inevitable and quite right that they feature heavily as it isn't a greatest hits tour, but it feels like a fairly long wait, until his real tracks kick in.

Brett Anderson excites me :brows:

hes an interesting person whom ive a lot of respect for. he (and damon both really) are very frank in what they say and i think both are usually honest. i really respect his willpower and stoicism and ability to be honest without malice. hes very brittish in the classical sense

hes an interesting person whom ive a lot of respect for. he (and damon both really) are very frank in what they say and i think both are usually honest. i really respect his willpower and stoicism and ability to be honest without malice. hes very brittish in the classical sense

Spot on. Saw brett on skavlan and he was so stoic, Pride and put together. Soft spoken and intelligence. The fact that he is a married man with a family has enhanched the mature personality i saw in him in the britpop era. He says night thoughts are inspirered by the dark sids of being a parent. Cant wait to get my copy. Loved that he said cheers(so british) to the scans when the went on stage to play. Damon is great too, but maybe trying to hard to be "hip" in a sense. I perfer brett much more than stuck up Bernard butler

Spot on. Saw brett on skavlan and he was so stoic, Pride and put together. Soft spoken and intelligence. The fact that he is a married man with a family has enhanched the mature personality i saw in him in the britpop era. He says night thoughts are inspirered by the dark sids of being a parent. Cant wait to get my copy. Loved that he said cheers(so british) to the scans when the went on stage to play. Damon is great too, but maybe trying to hard to be "hip" in a sense. I perfer brett much more than stuck up Bernard butler

i dont really like damons music at all except modern life and a few songs here and there but i always read an interview because hes good at them and has interesting things to say about music in general. i own no blur records or goriilaz records and dont really care to. as for the dark side of being a parent that i can now more visibly feel than ever as my son julian, named for the less than zero character and not after his own son which i later realized was a bit cringy when i was listening to julians eyes. i didnt want people to think that he was named after his son. uugh but anyway hes a neat guy and i think we do have commonalities to our personalities and social status though mine was probably a bit scarier rather than sad but i also think that many of these imagined qualities are not good for anyone. i dont really get on with his idea of mystique vs transparency though etc etc. as for butler well i love that man and again we share some negative qualities that might make me more sympathetic to him. im also a very intense person whom some have trouble being around as i also have some rigid ideas and am not as flexible as i could be. the seriousness you get from not being listened to or not being taken very seriously by those you find to lazy and worthless in the first place is a big one i think. i have kind of a weird relationship with the band as i knew nothing about them before i herd them music after they broke up. a similar artists option was offered when i was listening to a new moz album and there debut came up as a listening option so i chose. i guess what im saying is that many seem to make a lot about the mystique of the image or if they were "seedy" etc didnt even register so it kind of makes it harder for me to connect to suede fans sometimes. they think of the songs as some fantasy of a world they dont live in and dressed up as fans to play the part and adopt the ideas, this is not a negative as i did this with moz and many others myself, but to me it was just that the songs were already singing my life which was strange to me. for example i love a new morning to death and didnt get the lack of cred it got for not being "dark" (god i hate that description) as that wasnt what attracted me to the band but a certain segment surely was. a new morning to me felt very suede as i know what its like to be at the low point of that situation as well. it seemed very suede to me

did you like any of the solo albums. the debut is about half great half bland. some songs were just so good but some of the others left feeling nothing. wilderness i love though is has problems with repeating tracks and being short so i dont think people feel its an album proper but rather like an extended ep though not enough to be a lp i guess. i think slow attack is my fav but i also really like many of the songs on black rainbows which i always wonder if it was a response to radioheads in rainbows whcih has a neat meaning when you look it up. i really liked the song the exiles which im assuming given bretts love of films is based on the movie with some perha[s personal overtones. love the lyrics though.

the exiles
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_mRGYilUe4

the words:

"You're playing with matches
Got paper cuts from paper planes
An endless majesty
Within the pattern of the rain.

Your hatred is weakness
Your carelessness is no mistake
There's no stupidity
Within the chances that you take

And it feels like endless nights
And it feels like jealous rage
Setting all the clothes alight
I am burning, I'm still learning
All our houses have been shut
All our races have been played
Setting fire to paper planes

You show me the exiles
With paper cups and paper plates
There's endless majesty
Within the chances that they take

And it feels like endless nights
And it feels like jealous rage
Setting all the clothes alight
All our houses have been shut
All our races have been played
I'm still learning

I am burning, I am burning
I'm still learning
I'm still learning"

just excellent though i think the first few times i think i heard all our horses have been shot/all our races have been played

i dont really like damons music at all except modern life and a few songs here and there but i always read an interview because hes good at them and has interesting things to say about music in general. i own no blur records or goriilaz records and dont really care to. as for the dark side of being a parent that i can now more visibly feel than ever as my son julian, named for the less than zero character and not after his own son which i later realized was a bit cringy when i was listening to julians eyes. i didnt want people to think that he was named after his son. uugh but anyway hes a neat guy and i think we do have commonalities to our personalities and social status though mine was probably a bit scarier rather than sad but i also think that many of these imagined qualities are not good for anyone. i dont really get on with his idea of mystique vs transparency though etc etc. as for butler well i love that man and again we share some negative qualities that might make me more sympathetic to him. im also a very intense person whom some have trouble being around as i also have some rigid ideas and am not as flexible as i could be. the seriousness you get from not being listened to or not being taken very seriously by those you find to lazy and worthless in the first place is a big one i think. i have kind of a weird relationship with the band as i knew nothing about them before i herd them music after they broke up. a similar artists option was offered when i was listening to a new moz album and there debut came up as a listening option so i chose. i guess what im saying is that many seem to make a lot about the mystique of the image or if they were "seedy" etc didnt even register so it kind of makes it harder for me to connect to suede fans sometimes. they think of the songs as some fantasy of a world they dont live in and dressed up as fans to play the part and adopt the ideas, this is not a negative as i did this with moz and many others myself, but to me it was just that the songs were already singing my life which was strange to me. for example i love a new morning to death and didnt get the lack of cred it got for not being "dark" (god i hate that description) as that wasnt what attracted me to the band but a certain segment surely was. a new morning to me felt very suede as i know what its like to be at the low point of that situation as well. it seemed very suede to me

did you like any of the solo albums. the debut is about half great half bland. some songs were just so good but some of the others left feeling nothing. wilderness i love though is has problems with repeating tracks and being short so i dont think people feel its an album proper but rather like an extended ep though not enough to be a lp i guess. i think slow attack is my fav but i also really like many of the songs on black rainbows which i always wonder if it was a response to radioheads in rainbows whcih has a neat meaning when you look it up. i really liked the song the exiles which im assuming given bretts love of films is based on the movie with some perha[s personal overtones. love the lyrics though.

just excellent though i think the first few times i think i heard all our horses have been shot/all our races have been played

I must confess i havent heard any of brett or butlers solowork. Im a band person myself. I own all of Both blur and suedes albums plus i recently got the complete boxset of suedes work. I guess the main reason i like Damon is because of the music. We have in reality no similarties at all. He has too much lust for life. But personality vise i always felt like me and brett could be the same person. We Both are quite cynical, depressed closed off people. If i ever meet him i propably would be too similar to him to get along. But he does sometimes like me seem like a Quick to judge person. I havent followed any of bernards work after suede. Im quite young. All though i have seen alot (videos, interviews music etc) of suede in. The nintes. My main attraction to suede was brett powerful voice rather than his words. I have nothing by the gorillaz. I find Damon exeptionally talented but besides all the blur (not think tank though) albums i dont listen to him to much. Im not that big on ellison but he was metioned in suede in obssesion

Are you saying that the main reason you did not connect to suede fans was because they tried to adapt themselfs to the world and characters in suede songs that they never were in real life. Because i think its much harder to relate to the over glamorized beautiful junkie in suede songs rather than the more heartbreak/depression world of moz. I always have a soft spot for suedes fans they seem like much more fragile creatures than Morrissey fans. You see alot of selfassured hipsters in moz shows but in the lesser hip/known world of suede i find them to be a bit more humble. I never myself feel apart of any music group anyways. In the same way i never felt less alone after a suede of Smiths song. Never dresses, or act like the artist of the culture around them. Always felt like a fraud if i did Btw the link did not work :(

i love this hollywood life so much. its probably one of my fav suede songs ever as the guitar can get so claustrophobic at times andn then opens up with the big riff.also of coursr love the sometimes i feel ill float away with the madmen line. this waw kinda a wierd one for me as i wrote a very similar thing in my youth about having so much energy that i could jump in the air and just float away. anyway brett obviously loves the show which is no surprise. i guess m bruno did to

I Love almost all of suedes songs but my favourite are either the lump in the throat laments like the living dead or hair swingers like animal nitrate. But i remember Bernard hated the lyrics for the living dead. I think he said something like the beautiful music he wrote shouldnt have been wasted on lyrics about junkies. The debut album and dog man Star my two favourite albums of suede. I always wished they would have made a album which had the kick of the debut album and the poetry and depth of dog man star. They never quite made it

I must confess i havent heard any of brett or butlers solowork. Im a band person myself. I own all of Both blur and suedes albums plus i recently got the complete boxset of suedes work. I guess the main reason i like Damon is because of the music. We have in reality no similarties at all. He has too much lust for life. But personality vise i always felt like me and brett could be the same person. We Both are quite cynical, depressed closed off people. If i ever meet him i propably would be too similar to him to get along. But he does sometimes like me seem like a Quick to judge person. I havent followed any of bernards work after suede. Im quite young. All though i have seen alot (videos, interviews music etc) of suede in. The nintes. My main attraction to suede was brett powerful voice rather than his words. I have nothing by the gorillaz. I find Damon exeptionally talented but besides all the blur (not think tank though) albums i dont listen to him to much. Im not that big on ellison but he was metioned in suede in obssesion

Are you saying that the main reason you did not connect to suede fans was because they tried to adapt themselfs to the world and characters in suede songs that they never were in real life. Because i think its much harder to relate to the over glamorized beautiful junkie in suede songs rather than the more heartbreak/depression world of moz. I always have a soft spot for suedes fans they seem like much more fragile creatures than Morrissey fans. You see alot of selfassured hipsters in moz shows but in the lesser hip/known world of suede i find them to be a bit more humble. I never myself feel apart of any music group anyways. In the same way i never felt less alone after a suede of Smiths song. Never dresses, or act like the artist of the culture around them. Always felt like a fraud if i did Btw the link did not work :(

i do sometimes but its all in fun and never made to claim it as my own if anyone asked. explaining was almost as much fun as dressing up. i like to dress like an early john updike sometimes from the cover of his short story collections, sometimes ill dress up as something else just for the experience and fun, maybe a patrick wolf outfit from the video vulture etc. yeah it was hard to connect to suede fans because a lot of what they were singing about was kinda all around me though it had no glamor except maybe for myself but really it was just oddity, i was raised among deadheads and there community which had some strange things going on at times, and a lot of those songs just sound like the stuff that was going on. we were all gonna drown, everyone was doing hard drugs and just falling apart or being extremely weird people dressed in extremely weird outfits so i take the songs as reality where many seemed to see it as a fantasy which kinda created a weird disconnect from many of the fans. i was going through an edxtreme period in my life when i foiund suede and it all just clocked right away. it already felt like they were singing aspects of my life and i dont thats true for many of the casual fans which is also in reality a good thing.

bretts solo work is for sure worth checking out. he colarborated with a few people during the albums but start with slow attack or black rainbows and then go earlier as the last two are more suede sounding. for instance i really do love that song the exiles. check it out you might like it. as for butler his solo albums are very strange to me. he does not have a great voice im sorry to say as it very thin and reedy at times. the music on the first solo album is good if very atmospheric. he seemed to be going through an eno period here. his second solo album im told he got pressure to write more off a rock song style album but it came off as more bon jovi though it is worth noting that the acoustic tracks work great and suit his voice much better. do you know about the tears yet. bernard and brett got back together for a one off album that is spectacular and worth tracking down at any cost. its also i think worth noting that many of bernards lyrics contained some suedey words that were used whre he was in the band like stay. it makes me wonder if he did have some influence over word choice or weather he himself was influenced by bretts words. also richard has a side project called art magic thats pretty good and simon also has a couple of bands pout there i think.

ok two more suggestions. if you wanna get into bernards stuff after suede check out mcalmont and butler for some really beautiful music. they have two albums that are very treasured. lastly if you havent already get the book love and poison as its written by a person who was there most of the time and he contributed his own words for much of the book which is very revealing about he himself and the band in general.

I Love almost all of suedes songs but my favourite are either the lump in the throat laments like the living dead or hair swingers like animal nitrate. But i remember Bernard hated the lyrics for the living dead. I think he said something like the beautiful music he wrote shouldnt have been wasted on lyrics about junkies. The debut album and dog man Star my two favourite albums of suede. I always wished they would have made a album which had the kick of the debut album and the poetry and depth of dog man star. They never quite made it

i love the debut more so than dogm man star just for its consistency. i mean you can easily hear that bernard is not playing on the power and i really dislike that as its sorta a concept album or thematic album if you will. try out the tears, its much more of a bright record but its really really good. yeah he hated those lyrics but there obviously great and very very real. ive lost a lot of people to overdoses and the like and it was just so accurate. yeah i like the kick myself but it seemed like brett even then was trying to move away from it and wanted to make a very ballad heavy album which has only increased over the years i believe. that was part of bretts problem im my opinion. i dont think even he fully believed in the music they made as he always seemed to want to ditch it for something new which makes it seem like you dont have faith in the music and style you created or never really believed in its stylistic power. the drugs were warping his awareness i think and he bacame to obsessed with just making it work which is very understandable. he came back and impressed me with wilderness though

i do sometimes but its all in fun and never made to claim it as my own if anyone asked. explaining was almost as much fun as dressing up. i like to dress like an early john updike sometimes from the cover of his short story collections, sometimes ill dress up as something else just for the experience and fun, maybe a patrick wolf outfit from the video vulture etc. yeah it was hard to connect to suede fans because a lot of what they were singing about was kinda all around me though it had no glamor except maybe for myself but really it was just oddity, i was raised among deadheads and there community which had some strange things going on at times, and a lot of those songs just sound like the stuff that was going on. we were all gonna drown, everyone was doing hard drugs and just falling apart or being extremely weird people dressed in extremely weird outfits so i take the songs as reality where many seemed to see it as a fantasy which kinda created a weird disconnect from many of the fans. i was going through an edxtreme period in my life when i foiund suede and it all just clocked right away. it already felt like they were singing aspects of my life and i dont thats true for many of the casual fans which is also in reality a good thing.

bretts solo work is for sure worth checking out. he colarborated with a few people during the albums but start with slow attack or black rainbows and then go earlier as the last two are more suede sounding. for instance i really do love that song the exiles. check it out you might like it. as for butler his solo albums are very strange to me. he does not have a great voice im sorry to say as it very thin and reedy at times. the music on the first solo album is good if very atmospheric. he seemed to be going through an eno period here. his second solo album im told he got pressure to write more off a rock song style album but it came off as more bon jovi though it is worth noting that the acoustic tracks work great and suit his voice much better. do you know about the tears yet. bernard and brett got back together for a one off album that is spectacular and worth tracking down at any cost. its also i think worth noting that many of bernards lyrics contained some suedey words that were used whre he was in the band like stay. it makes me wonder if he did have some influence over word choice or weather he himself was influenced by bretts words. also richard has a side project called art magic thats pretty good and simon also has a couple of bands pout there i think.

ok two more suggestions. if you wanna get into bernards stuff after suede check out mcalmont and butler for some really beautiful music. they have two albums that are very treasured. lastly if you havent already get the book love and poison as its written by a person who was there most of the time and he contributed his own words for much of the book which is very revealing about he himself and the band in general.

Sorry meant to say that the guy who was there wrote he book with Brett's own words as contributions. Only downside is that it has almost no butler perspective. To find that check out the suede section of cool Britannica despite the name. Has a good blur elastics section as well. So how young and how did u find the group. I'm thirty five myself and got into them when I was maybe twenty four or so

I have heard of the book but i never bought it. I shall by it. But first i must get nighthoughts. I have heard of tears and butlers work with mcalmont. i remember nothing about the tears i must listen to them again. I have heard only yes bu mcalmot and butler. Must say i did not care for it. Mcalmot vocals does nothing form me. Those two Ended on a bad not as well if im not mistaking. Butler has a hard time working with people. But he did get along well with Duffy. I recently found out about art magic but havent dwelwed into it yet. I try to discover as much old music as i cant recently but i have no system so i cant get into anything proply since my mind is all over the place. I recently discovered the auters from the 80-90s and loads of other bands all at a Sudden. I think my reluctance to dress up is because i dont feel like i belong with anyone or any movment. Plus o was raised in a very bland inviroment. Was living with deadheads a bit like when homer in simpsons lived with the ribheads.
Im going to follow your instructions. I Love suede but i hope he challanged himself in the solo work. If its to suede like that might be a turn of.

Sorry meant to say that the guy who was there wrote he book with Brett's own words as contributions. Only downside is that it has almost no butler perspective. To find that check out the suede section of cool Britannica despite the name. Has a good blur elastics section as well. So how young and how did u find the group. I'm thirty five myself and got into them when I was maybe twenty four or so

Is that a website. I dont Google bands that much since it will always be full of weird people spouting strange Rumours, facts, and theories. A link would be lovely

This might sound strange but all i remember from how i got into the britpop era and found bands like Pulp blur Marion suede Gene was that it started when i discovered the smiths. I come from a place and family were no one, absolutly no one knows anything about the music i do. So it has been a upphill struggle to find music and people to learn from. Im 22. It wasnt that i discovered britpop on Spotify. But know that i think about it i think it started when i saw blur on brit awards and heard girls and boys. That is the starting point for me and bands like suede. I thought Damon albarn had an amazing energy. But i disliked Alex right from the beginning :lbf: so from there is sort of picked into every band in britpop om song at a time. After looking up girls and boys on youtube i got suggested to listen to common people. But then i had to lat britpop on ice to proply dwelwe into the work of moz and the smiths. But suede ended up being my faves of the britpop era even do diffrent class is the best album of the era. I have been desperstly looking for marions debut album but i can find it any where.

i love the debut more so than dogm man star just for its consistency. i mean you can easily hear that bernard is not playing on the power and i really dislike that as its sorta a concept album or thematic album if you will. try out the tears, its much more of a bright record but its really really good. yeah he hated those lyrics but there obviously great and very very real. ive lost a lot of people to overdoses and the like and it was just so accurate. yeah i like the kick myself but it seemed like brett even then was trying to move away from it and wanted to make a very ballad heavy album which has only increased over the years i believe. that was part of bretts problem im my opinion. i dont think even he fully believed in the music they made as he always seemed to want to ditch it for something new which makes it seem like you dont have faith in the music and style you created or never really believed in its stylistic power. the drugs were warping his awareness i think and he bacame to obsessed with just making it work which is very understandable. he came back and impressed me with wilderness though

I fully agree with last part of your post. I think he had faith in for example butlers drumming but i think the insecurites about himself bleed into this work. It could have also been a want to like David Bowie be ever changing but not having the ability. I think butler was annoyed at the lyrics not because they were not real but that it was a overused subject to write about but obviously he could not have seem it from bretts prespective who was an addict. I have never been an addict but i think if you are suffering from it you feel like you are the only one on earth suffering in the same way. I dont know if i agree with you about dogmanstar. Yes the debut is consistent with hits after hits but i think in the end the debut was a bit too "youth freshly out on the seen trying to be the utmost rockstar" animal nitrate for me kicked the door open to britpop but i like the cockyness of dogmanstar they analyzed themselfs more and used it in the album. I mean introducing the band, predicting and creating almost a official song for the impending obsessive fans. Only suede have the guts.

I fully agree with last part of your post. I think he had faith in for example butlers drumming but i think the insecurites about himself bleed into this work. It could have also been a want to like David Bowie be ever changing but not having the ability. I think butler was annoyed at the lyrics not because they were not real but that it was a overused subject to write about but obviously he could not have seem it from bretts prespective who was an addict. I have never been an addict but i think if you are suffering from it you feel like you are the only one on earth suffering in the same way. I dont know if i agree with you about dogmanstar. Yes the debut is consistent with hits after hits but i think in the end the debut was a bit too "youth freshly out on the seen trying to be the utmost rockstar" animal nitrate for me kicked the door open to britpop but i like the cockyness of dogmanstar they analyzed themselfs more and used it in the album. I mean introducing the band, predicting and creating almost a official song for the impending obsessive fans. Only suede have the guts.

Sorry gilberts drumming

yeah but the breaks in the sound get to me as it breaks the flow of the albums spell a bit. daddys speeding is mixed to low so i have to turn the sound up and then back down when the next song comes on and i dont think the recording of black and blue reaaly works in the track list. the breaking of the flow of the album realy really bugs me but i guess thats just me and maybe a few other people. to me the debut is the one that sounds cocky while dog man star in most parts sounds assured. i also do agree with bernard that there is too much reverb dulling some of the edges of the guitar. i dont know, here in my generation the idea of being a rockstar is for like ten year olds so its hard for me to9 imagine someone of his caliber trying to be a riockstar. i mean they used to just play in grey shirts but i think when his life got more extreme and difficult he just fell into a more extreme style of dress and manner. really though the grey shirt period was the contrived part as when brett was in school before the band he was always dressed in suits and had his hair styled so in think they manner of dressing up and fashion are really just extentions of who he is. i mean i think the jean blonde hair period was the time he was also trying to conciously not be himself and to change which is good but i dont think it came out as all that natural. anyway i still ahve the albums as well as sci fi of course and all of the misc b-side which i made into period albums witextensive time tryiinbg to arrange the songs in a satisfactory setlist which surprisingly worked out really well giving me a couple more discs that really felt like lost albums. i think i named one our faidng majesty for the coming up period disc. have you read love and poison, its pretty good imo

I know you like Damon more as a person than blurs music but whats your opinion on Alex bass and Grahams guitars. The jurys out for me on Alex talents he writes a great basslin but is he more complimatary than a man of his own

Back
Top Bottom