Big Brother is getting bigger

CrystalGeezer

My secret's my enzyme.
About an hour ago I stood six inches away from this Botticelli at the Santa Barbara Museum of Art. (breathtaking. its tiny)

botticelli_47_annunciation.jpg

The docent said no pics. I took him aside and asked if I could sneak a flashless pic when everyone left. He said I could try. So everyone left and I pulled out my iphone6, opened the camera...the museum installed some sort of tracker app that disabled the camera in the museum! :eek:

How much you wanna bet venues cash in on that technology?

Be great at concerts!!! No more idiots holding up their cameras to take pics.

Yeah I was sad about it for a few minutes then it dawned on me it would make concerts amazing again.

Have you ever been to a show and they're holding up an ipad to record video? If there's anything more punch-in-the-face-worthy...

About an hour ago I stood six inches away from this Botticelli at the Santa Barbara Museum of Art. (breathtaking. its tiny)

botticelli_47_annunciation.jpg

The docent said no pics. I took him aside and asked if I could sneak a flashless pic when everyone left. He said I could try. So everyone left and I pulled out my iphone6, opened the camera...the museum installed some sort of tracker app that disabled the camera in the museum! :eek:

How much you wanna bet venues cash in on that technology?

The sooner artists exercise the right to perform without becoming click-bait for their 'fans' Social Media vanity projects, the better. If artists want to allow it find, if they want to request no cameras (like Kate Bush) fine, but if they want to assert their right to a performance space without being trolled by click-bait cameras, then bring it on.

Or they could charge a fee to allow pictures to be taken at a pre-gig meet'n'greet prior to the gig with the gig camera free. The contract you sign when you buy a gig ticket includes a clause that you give up your privacy and agree to be photographed and filmed. It does NOT include any right for you to film or record the performance. Time to begin the fight back against the tech-nerf Freetards who are ruining modern culture. In My Not So Humble Opinion.

best
BB

Yeah I was sad about it for a few minutes then it dawned on me it would make concerts amazing again.

Have you ever been to a show and they're holding up an ipad to record video? If there's anything more punch-in-the-face-worthy...

yeah but then fans wouldnt have pics and videos that everyone else watches all the time including us here. ive never been really concerned about what others are doing at a show. im short anyway so theres always someone blocking me. also those pics and vids go a long ways to helping bands and acts spread themselves. i mean if everyone wants to and already does take pics wouldnt that just piss off the majority off the concert goers. i think it would be better employed in schools.

This reminded me of the news I heard the other day where new technology makes it possible to shut off technical equipment such as phones, computers and even engines on cars and planes. It has been tested and used and has started a debate on how it should be controlled. The german plane crash in the alps had an early conspiracy theory that a nearby military plane took control over the German Wings plane which caused the crash. The new terror seems to be striking out technical equipment which would lead to many dangerous incidents.

The problem isn't the technology; it's bad manners. Remember when cell phones first came out--how annoying they were? Why? Because people had no discretion. They felt invasive. But then a culture grew out around their useage. People no longer left their ringers on in the theater or during meetings. I think the phone thing at gigs is annoying because we are not use to it. But we will get better at being more selective about when we snap and better at ignoring those around us who are snapping.

I don't want phones banned. We have enough restrictions on our freedoms as it is. We just need to be more considerate.

The sooner artists exercise the right to perform without becoming click-bait for their 'fans' Social Media vanity projects, the better. If artists want to allow it find, if they want to request no cameras (like Kate Bush) fine, but if they want to assert their right to a performance space without being trolled by click-bait cameras, then bring it on.

Or they could charge a fee to allow pictures to be taken at a pre-gig meet'n'greet prior to the gig with the gig camera free. The contract you sign when you buy a gig ticket includes a clause that you give up your privacy and agree to be photographed and filmed. It does NOT include any right for you to film or record the performance. Time to begin the fight back against the tech-nerf Freetards who are ruining modern culture. In My Not So Humble Opinion.

best
BB

Do you know what click-bait is or is it just a word combination that makes you think you sound hip? Because you're using it wrong.

The problem isn't the technology; it's bad manners. Remember when cell phones first came out--how annoying they were? Why? Because people had no discretion. They felt invasive. But then a culture grew out around their useage. People no longer left their ringers on in the theater or during meetings. I think the phone thing at gigs is annoying because we are not use to it. But we will get better at being more selective about when we snap and better at ignoring those around us who are snapping.

I don't want phones banned. We have enough restrictions on our freedoms as it is. We just need to be more considerate.

You never used to be allowed to take pictures at gigs. When it comes to freedoms lost and gained, I don't think holding your phone up at a concert is one worth fighting for.

You never used to be allowed to take pictures at gigs. When it comes to freedoms lost and gained, I don't think holding your phone up at a concert is one worth fighting for.

You gotta fight for your right to bootleg...

Do you know what click-bait is or is it just a word combination that makes you think you sound hip? Because you're using it wrong.

Pro-tip for CG. Think before you post. How many times have you used 'pro-tip' to try and signal expertise when you are spouting your Tarot drivel? *SMFH+LOL*

When some fool on Twitter does the 'OMG! I cant' believe Morrissey has a flamenco guitarist! So glad I flew 7000 miles for this show!" it's just boasting of their economic luxury. It offers no insight into proceedings that anybody could possible want or need, but it has probably interupted someoone's view whilst they held their iPad aloft. I wonder if there is a laser technology I can source from the military that would destroy camera lenses but not human retinas? That would be pure lulz to sneak into someone's light show. Throbbing Gristle wanted to entertain their fans by use of sub-bass frequencies that the military use to make rioters shit their pants but they were threatened with terrorism. Or so I've heard on the grapevine. Hilarious. Wish they'd done it. I'd google for the facts but I'm not in the mood for Genesis Breya P Orridge this evening. It's been a long day.....

best
BB

best
BB

Last edited:
Pro-tip for CG. Think before you post. How many times have you used 'pro-tip' to try and signal expertise when you are spouting your Tarot drivel? *SMFH+LOL*

When some fool on Twitter does the 'OMG! I cant' believe Morrissey has a flamenco guitarist! So glad I flew 7000 miles for this show!" it's just boasting of their economic luxury. It offers no insight into proceedings that anybody could possible want or need, but it has probably interupted someoone's view whilst they held their iPad aloft. I wonder if there is a laser technology I can source from the military that would destroy camera lenses but not human retinas? That would be pure lulz to sneak into someone's light show. Throbbing Gristle wanted to entertain their fans by use of sub-bass frequencies that the military use to make rioters shit their pants but they were threatened with terrorism. Or so I've heard on the grapevine. Hilarious. Wish they'd done it. I'd google for the facts but I'm not in the mood for Genesis Breya P Orridge this evening. It's been a long day.....

best
BB

best
BB

So the answer is no. I suppose it's an honor you're studying me. Be careful, I may be teaching you how to play out your own demise.

It was more fun before everyone did it. There's no thrill in the chase any more.

i personally love being able to make and share video of the musicians i go and see. i grew up listening about the many bands my parants went and saw and for sure wish i could see some of it as well as the classic concerts like blind faith in the park and many a balck flag early show. i also cant wait to show my own children the bands they read about and how i was there

Don't be that guy.

I'm guilty of taking pics but I mean I really hold it to a minimum.....3 at most and no videos. Some people are holding their crap up all night!

Don't be daft. Technologies have always created new rights and the need for new laws. In the future when we are all driving space cars don't ya think we will need to create new laws and rights? Never use to is lame. We never use to be able to drive ourselves from point A to point B at 85 miles per hour either. You sound like a nostalgic old fogies in need of an oil change.

Don't be daft. Technologies have always created new rights and the need for new laws. In the future when we are all driving space cars don't ya think we will need to create new laws and rights? Never use to is lame. We never use to be able to drive ourselves from point A to point B at 85 miles per hour either. You sound like a nostalgic old fogies in need of an oil change.

Don't be daft? Why do you pretend to be British? Zero people say "daft" in America. ZERO.

So not holding a phone up at a concert is going to hold the human race back?

Righto...

Back
Top Bottom