What seats did you get for the shows?

Row G, Left Orch for New Orleans.

Got tix for Academy in Philly

Got an email from Kimmel Center, logged on & scored 2 on row CCC in the middle. I sat there & looked at the screen for about a minute, couldn't believe it. We absolutely LOVED his show there last time he was in Philly - can hardly wait!!

Re: Got tix for Academy in Philly

Got an email from Kimmel Center, logged on & scored 2 on row CCC in the middle. I sat there & looked at the screen for about a minute, couldn't believe it. We absolutely LOVED his show there last time he was in Philly - can hardly wait!!
When did you receive the email? I checked out their pre-sale just after it went live on FB/Twitter this morning and the entire floor was unavailable.

Last edited:
The e-mail came through at 10:02 a.m. and somehow I got the tickets processed by 10:09 a.m. I have not idea how I got so lucky as stuff like this basically NEVER happens to me.

I also think you had to have the e-mail for the proper link from Kimmel. . . .

Logged in right in at 10am on Tuesday and the best I got was Row A off to the side....system seemed slow/bogged down. I just assumed it was due to the Academy's pre-presale mentioned somewhere here where a fan got AAA center.
Been checking off and on all day today to see how the regular sales were going and seems like it's selling pretty well. Offering up partial or obstructed view seats now in the upper levels.

Logged in right in at 10am on Tuesday and the best I got was Row A off to the side....system seemed slow/bogged down. I just assumed it was due to the Academy's pre-presale mentioned somewhere here where a fan got AAA center.
Been checking off and on all day today to see how the regular sales were going and seems like it's selling pretty well. Offering up partial or obstructed view seats now in the upper levels.

The best part was clicking right on at 10 a.m. and then having an error message pop up and then finding out that you were suddenly 348 in the electric queue. StubHub has some better ones and I did see a guy on some FB page offering up row BB seats (four), but it's probably for a profit on his part. . . like the rest of the assholes who got the super good seats only to turn them around for a profit.

The best part was clicking right on at 10 a.m. and then having an error message pop up and then finding out that you were suddenly 348 in the electric queue. StubHub has some better ones and I did see a guy on some FB page offering up row BB seats (four), but it's probably for a profit on his part. . . like the rest of the assholes who got the super good seats only to turn them around for a profit.

sorry to support them but I almost always buy from touts as they make the sale so much of a headache

Ended up picking up tickets for Philly as well. I also had the login issues that others note. Ended up with front row of the first-level balcony, on aisle, dead center. Could be worse!

Now the question is: Do I go solo and sell my extra (I normally roll solo for Moz shows), do I take my wife, or do I take my girlfriend? Messy times over here for ol' Harsh Truth.

Ended up picking up tickets for Philly as well. I also had the login issues that others note. Ended up with front row of the first-level balcony, on aisle, dead center. Could be worse!

Now the question is: Do I go solo and sell my extra (I normally roll solo for Moz shows), do I take my wife, or do I take my girlfriend? Messy times over here for ol' Harsh Truth.

does your wife like shows. I have this problem all the time. mine doesn't like shows but doesn't like me having fun without her and so usually comes along but kinda reigns in my time and now shes like four months pregnant and still wants to come. she killed my chances of going to firefly already and i feel like I cant even tell her I want to go alone for fear of upsetting her, especially in this emotional state. I fear im doomed to take her along but id say it depends on how much she likes shows and how much she will effect your enjoyment. if she does mess it up and you can have the option to go alone that's what id do. don't say that of course, sell he one and just say you have only one ticket as that statement wont be a lie at that point.

does your wife like shows. I have this problem all the time. mine doesn't like shows but doesn't like me having fun without her and so usually comes along but kinda reigns in my time and now shes like four months pregnant and still wants to come. she killed my chances of going to firefly already and i feel like I cant even tell her I want to go alone for fear of upsetting her, especially in this emotional state. I fear im doomed to take her along but id say it depends on how much she likes shows and how much she will effect your enjoyment. if she does mess it up and you can have the option to go alone that's what id do. don't say that of course, sell he one and just say you have only one ticket as that statement wont be a lie at that point.

You and Harsh Truth should just attend the Philly show together. All the problems are solved!

You and Harsh Truth should just attend the Philly show together. All the problems are solved!

except how to tell Rachel id be going alone. that would be tricky. i already have tickets to two shows but am thinking about going to that one and ditch the nc ticket though i have to go there anyway for rachels job so maybe ill just go to all three. since all you guys were gonna be there i thought it might be nice to perhaps meet someone in person. i saw him in redding so why not again in pa.

What to expect sitting in Row B

Hello, this might sound a little strange but I'm wondering if there's anything special I need to be prepared for sitting in the second row. I've only gotten to see him once before and was a million miles away and swore I would try to get closer next time. We've been cancelled on three times in a row, so fingers crossed.... Anyway, when I bought my tickets the minute they went on sale, I thought I would torment myself and see if any better seats came up than the row T or whatever it was that I had and lo and behold, I got seats in row B the second time!! I grabbed them and luckily was able to get refunded for the first pair (minus their $6 r $7 admin/processing fee!)
Anyway, I'm wondering if it's really crazy up front? Do people push and shove or are they generally respectful? Should I be prepared to stand the whole time? That's another reason I'm a little worried--I've been wearing a walking boot and if I need to react quickly and move, it might be a little tricky. It also might be hard to stand the whole time due to pain in my foot. I'm debating about trying not to wear it that night so I can get around a little better, although that might be even worse, I'm not sure. Big crowds make me a little nervous sometimes so I want to feel I can get out of the crowd if I need to. Just wondering how crazy it is up there. I'm super excited though.

Last edited:
Re: What to expect sitting in Row B

Hello, this might sound a little strange but I'm wondering if there's anything special I need to be prepared for sitting in the second row. I've only gotten to see him once before and was a million miles away and swore I would try to get closer next time. We've been cancelled on three times in a row, so fingers crossed.... Anyway, when I bought my tickets the minute they went on sale, I thought I would torment myself and see if any better seats came up than the row T or whatever it was that I had and lo and behold, I got seats in row B the second time!! I grabbed them and luckily was able to get refunded for the first pair (minus their $6 r $7 admin/processing fee!)
Anyway, I'm wondering if it's really crazy up front? Do people push and shove or are they generally respectful? Should I be prepared to stand the whole time? That's another reason I'm a little worried--I've been wearing a walking boot and if I need to react quickly and move, it might be a little tricky. It also might be hard to stand the whole time due to pain in my foot. I'm debating about trying not to wear it that night so I can get around a little better, although that might be even worse, I'm not sure. Big crowds make me a little nervous sometimes so I want to feel I can get out of the crowd if I need to. Just wondering how crazy it is up there. I'm super excited though.

There are usually venue security preventing people from entering the orchestra pit. I think you'll be fine. If it was a real standing pit, then I would say expect it to get wild. A theatre pit will be tame.

only thing ill add is to watch out for shirt toss. that might get a little cut throat (relatively)

only thing ill add is to watch out for shirt toss. that might get a little cut throat (relatively)

Well, I checked with the venue to see if they have pit seating for the show and they do, so that means I'll have four rows in front of me instead of one---Bummer!! But its still the closest I've ever been by a long shot so its all good. Yes--I'm wondering if he does the shirt toss at a particular time so maybe I can try to watch out for it. Anyone know? Does it usually wind up in shreds? Also--I might have to sell one of my tickets. If I do need to, where is the best place to do that? on Ticketmaster? Thanks!

I've been lucky enough to be close for some shows over the years. Was somehow able to get seats in Row CCC 106, 107 for Philly - is that where you're going? Last time we saw him there, the show was FANTASTIC - I can honestly say I've never seen a bad performance.

However, I took my son for his 18th b'day for a few shows at The Hammerstein in NYC. It was general admission (we had some tickets & were able to get in a little before everyone else.) On the Saturday night, it was AWFUL once Girl in a Coma finished their set (this was @ the time KY said something about him giving head or whatever it was, blah blah.) The crush to the stage was not fun, for me anyway. The guy standing next to us got his glasses knocked off (I found them on the floor) - he's a regular on here (think he's from CA, sorry forgot your name.) Moz threw his shirt near us, and I got CRUSHED. The nice guy behind me tried to protect me throughout the entire time - but I got pushed down in the mad crush to get a piece of THAT SHIRT. Moz did look lovely in a tux, though. This was the only GA show of his that I've experienced this kind of scare - others states/places w/GA admission were pretty mellow and fun.

In any event, if I recall correctly, the Academy is NOT a place where the mad crush happens. There's just not space - it's a beautiful, old theater with seats that houses loads of traveling Broadway shows. I wouldn't risk taking your boot off if it's going to result in hurting yourself. This is a concert, even though it's Moz, keep it in perspective. You will have a blast, regardless!!

Cheers.

The crush at the Hammerstein was awful. I went swaying from side to side and couldn't keep my footing. Lost my phone in the process. Moz shows in NYC are quite rough.

However, I took my son for his 18th b'day for a few shows at The Hammerstein in NYC. It was general admission (we had some tickets & were able to get in a little before everyone else.) On the Saturday night, it was AWFUL once Girl in a Coma finished their set (this was @ the time KY said something about him giving head or whatever it was, blah blah.) The crush to the stage was not fun, for me anyway. The guy standing next to us got his glasses knocked off (I found them on the floor) - he's a regular on here (think he's from CA, sorry forgot your name.) Moz threw his shirt near us, and I got CRUSHED. The nice guy behind me tried to protect me throughout the entire time - but I got pushed down in the mad crush to get a piece of THAT SHIRT. Moz did look lovely in a tux, though. This was the only GA show of his that I've experienced this kind of scare - others states/places w/GA admission were pretty mellow and fun.

Back
Top Bottom