Should Moz reissue My Early Burglary Years?

I'm afraid I disagree with you.
I bought Bona Drag when it was originally released in 1990, never consider it as a studio album.

why do you think the majority of the world does now. did you notice the change over time or were you an exception at the time (and outside of britan of course)

I bought Bona Drag when it was originally released in 1990, never consider it as a studio album.

I know its not a really studio album, but much like Hatful of Hallow it has always felt like a studio album to me (I don't know how to explain that)--whereas World of Morrissey or My Early Burglary Years just do not.

I know its not a really studio album, but much like Hatful of Hallow it has always felt like a studio album to me (I don't know how to explain that)--whereas World of Morrissey or My Early Burglary Years just do not.

Hatful of Hollow is a compilation of radio sessions and songs which were released as singles.
All songs are really excellent, but I never find it as a studio album.

Last edited:
I wish they had taken the sensible route with these albums (does anyone ever?) and released them all with a bonus disc of all the material that surrounded them -- non-LP singles, b-sides, etc.

Apparently that was the plan until Morrissey stuck his nose in (how? he is not associated with EMI anymore) and started tinkering with the albums themselves. I could see it working for a weak album like "Kill Uncle" if he'd been logical about what he included (say, adding "My Love Life" to the album) but instead he picked totally unrelated tracks to stick into the middle.

Maybe they felt comprehensive reissues would get in the way of all the Morrissey compilations out there (both greatest hits and random mop-ups like "My Early Burglary Years").

I wish they had taken the sensible route with these albums (does anyone ever?) and released them all with a bonus disc of all the material that surrounded them -- non-LP singles, b-sides, etc.

Apparently that was the plan until Morrissey stuck his nose in (how? he is not associated with EMI anymore) and started tinkering with the albums themselves. I could see it working for a weak album like "Kill Uncle" if he'd been logical about what he included (say, adding "My Love Life" to the album) but instead he picked totally unrelated tracks to stick into the middle.

Maybe they felt comprehensive reissues would get in the way of all the Morrissey compilations out there (both greatest hits and random mop-ups like "My Early Burglary Years").

I wonder if all of his solo songs have already been remastered, and we just haven't had access to all of them yet. They used some Viva Hate songs for that "Very Best of" back in 2011. That should be a different mastering than the Stephen Street remastering. There's gotta be an Ordinary Boys remaster somewhere, I can't imagine Moz just skipped over that completely.

i can somewhat agree with this though at the end of the day the reordering is the only reason i own southpaw and the only reason im now happy with maladjusted so its a back and forth for me

Exactly, I bought it the day it was out and was VERY disappointed to see it was not an album at all, not any new track - I had the Picadilly Palare single already - and it was in France ...

Back
Top Bottom