Should Moz reissue My Early Burglary Years?

MozIsGod

I was recently going through my collection of reissues and thought, Damn, it has been almost a year since we last received anything of Moz's reissuing campaign.

Do you think we will receive a reissued My Early Burglary Years at some point? Now, he has already reissued a compilation album before in Bona Drag. MEBY would make some sense since it features some material that hasn't yet been remastered in songs like Swallow, I'd Love To, etc. and it was his last official release before the wilderness era. And going in the usual tradition, he could use the extra 20-plus minutes of space to include remastered versions of You Must Please Remember, and maybe some other stuff from the vaults of the Lads lineup.

Just throwing it out there, but do you guys think there is any chance of this happening or has the reissues stopped?

Couldn't agree more.
The leaked (in part) demos of Nobody Loves Us / You Must... would be great to hear cleaned up and in full.
Regards,
FWD

to many already used on the reissues and it would leave the track listing somewhat weak if you removed those songs. itd be better if he just released a new remastered all inclusive collection of b-sides of those not already reissued and call it a day.

Oh, I hope so. My Early Burglary Years is one of my favorites. I definitely agree with you and FWD.

Wasn't the HMV Bona Drag re-issued on Parlophone a few years later? We've only had one 2010 re-issued re-issue so must wait for the second before My Early Bugle Ears.

to many already used on the reissues and it would leave the track listing somewhat weak if you removed those songs. itd be better if he just released a new remastered all inclusive collection of b-sides of those not already reissued and call it a day.

Yeah, I was thinking either World of Morrissey or My Early Burglary Years would probably be the next in line. Although WOM would be redundant since it basically is a comp of the studio album material he's already reissued. MEBY still features songs we already have but nowhere near as much as World of Morrissey. And, since Morrissey doesn't mind meddling with the track listing, so perhaps he could omit a few songs on a reissued MEBY and use that space to include remastered versions of the 1992-98 Lads songs that hasn't yet been featured. Stuff like the studio version of Jack the Ripper, There Speaks a True Friend (the finished version without the accidental stop), and other b-sides or demos.

Maybe he would clean up and polish that studio demo outtake of "Kit" during the Maladjusted sessions and include that as an extra!

Yeah, I was thinking either World of Morrissey or My Early Burglary Years would probably be the next in line. Although WOM would be redundant since it basically is a comp of the studio album material he's already reissued. MEBY still features songs we already have but nowhere near as much as World of Morrissey. And, since Morrissey doesn't mind meddling with the track listing, so perhaps he could omit a few songs on a reissued MEBY and use that space to include remastered versions of the 1992-98 Lads songs that hasn't yet been featured. Stuff like the studio version of Jack the Ripper, There Speaks a True Friend (the finished version without the accidental stop), and other b-sides or demos.

Maybe he would clean up and polish that studio demo outtake of "Kit" during the Maladjusted sessions and include that as an extra!

if youre gonna change the tracklisting to a compilation album then i think you should just call it something else as whats the point. a studio album for lack of a better term is a statement in time while a compilation is a just a clean up. if youre gonna compile different songs already from different times then why not just call it a new comp album and be done. i was very on the fence about changing tracklistings but at the end of the day it made a couple of albums i didnt care for much stronger so i just went with it unsettled feeling to be bared.

My Early Burglary Years was a US only compilation, so it's highly unlikely that it will ever be reissued/remastered. Bona Drag on the other hand was more or less considered to be a real album, so that made sense. I pretty much lost interest anyway, after he messed up all the previous Deluxe Editions. I'd love some kind of a "Complete Sessions" YATQ, with Playing Easy To Get and Home Is A Question Mark, though ... unremastered if possible, because I'm afraid that remaster would sound even worse than the original already did.

the majority of the world outside of britain. when you listen to ryan adams heartbreaker they talk about bona drag being considered a real album and its also listed among studio albums on sites like allmusic and others etc where all of the other comp albums do not appear, they appear under the compilation category, and i believe its because most of the world considers bona drag an album and not just a comp. probably at least half because half of it was recorded to be a new album aborted and then rounded out by non album singles nobody had really heard.

Couldn't agree more.
The leaked (in part) demos of Nobody Loves Us / You Must... would be great to hear cleaned up and in full.
Regards,
FWD

Or they could just reissue 'Southpaw Grammar' properly, with a second disc devoted to the Miraval sessions, as was intended for the scrubbed Rhino reissue campaign in 2004.

Outtakes from 'Maladjusted' and 'You Are The Quarry' would more than likely be out of scope of these speculative releases simply because the masters are not owned by the same corporate overlords.

Or they could just reissue 'Southpaw Grammar' properly, with a second disc devoted to the Miraval sessions, as was intended for the scrubbed Rhino reissue campaign in 2004.

Outtakes from 'Maladjusted' and 'You Are The Quarry' would more than likely be out of scope of these speculative releases simply because the masters are not owned by the same corporate overlords.

as aside, i always loved that westerberg broke into his labels building after learning they were going to be part of a major and threw them in a river. loved it

Where are the leaked demos for Nobody Loves Us and You Must Please Remember?

If you look at the never played.... compilations in the bootleg section, both demos (small bits of) are available there. There is a long story attached to why they are not in full. That said, both sound good.
Regards,
FWD

I don't understand why he ignores Jack the Ripper. The studio version deserves to be released and he should play it live more often. It's such a good song.

Yes, like any other rational adult human, I too relish the prospect of spending money on a product that I've already owned for years, and which was, in the first instance, a collection of other things I'd also already spent money on.

I love doing that sort of thing.

I don't understand why he ignores Jack the Ripper. The studio version deserves to be released and he should play it live more often. It's such a good song.

its good musically but im a little iffy about the lyrics.

Back
Top Bottom