Amanda Palmer on supporting Morrissey

An anonymous person writes:

Amanda Palmer on supporting Morrissey

KNOCKED UP! U.S. TOUR STARTS TOMORROW! UK and....OPENING FOR MORRISSEY. - Amanda Palmer

Excerpt:

hola comrades.

if you missed the memo on patreon or facebook, it’s true: i’m about 16 weeks pregnant with neil gaiman’s lovechild...

and speaking of the U.K…..

oh, manchester. so much to answer for.

i’ve just been invited to OPEN FOR MORRISSEY on july 25th at san jose event center in san jose, california. tickets and more info are coming soon!! morrissey (solo, and with the smiths) is a songwriting hero of mine. he shaped my young musical brain in ways that are unfathomable. this invitation is a big honor for me.

so i will be traipsing out, seven months pregnant, to do what i can to make the master proud. if you’re in the san francisco area, i hope you can come support me.

this one will be my last show for a while, before i say goodbye and head off into the land of parenthood.

if you could have told 16-year old amanda that i’d be 38, pregnant, and opening for morrissey, i think my little brain and heart would have exploded all over my tin of clove cigarettes and 90-minute worn-out clear maxell cassette dub of meat is murder (side a) and strangeways (side b).

it is a season of circles, my friends.

RXE9IQ9.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh jeez. Just saw a couple of these clips, specifically the Q&A clip.

She's insufferable. One of those pseudo-artsy types who conducts herself like she's being filmed 24 hours a day.

Old Misery Guts really attracts the live ones.

She has been ridiculed for expecting musicians to play for free. I'm sure Morrissey wouldn't approve of such behaviour so I'm surprised he's having anything to do with her. Though she does prance around in a bra so, given his latest music video, perhaps he just fancies her?

best
BB

Steve Albini Slams Amanda Palmer for Asking Fans to Play in Her Band for Free

"Pretty much everybody on earth has a threshold for how much to indulge an idiot who doesn't know how to conduct herself, and I think Ms Palmer has found her audience's threshold."

http://pitchfork.com/news/47845-ste...for-asking-fans-to-play-in-her-band-for-free/

Profit making businesses expect students and graduates to work for free. They call it an "internship" and nobody bats an eye. In fact, they often mention how generous they are to offer internships.

She has been ridiculed for expecting musicians to play for free. I'm sure Morrissey wouldn't approve of such behaviour so I'm surprised he's having anything to do with her. Though she does prance around in a bra so, given his latest music video, perhaps he just fancies her?

best
BB

Steve Albini Slams Amanda Palmer for Asking Fans to Play in Her Band for Free

"Pretty much everybody on earth has a threshold for how much to indulge an idiot who doesn't know how to conduct herself, and I think Ms Palmer has found her audience's threshold."

http://pitchfork.com/news/47845-ste...for-asking-fans-to-play-in-her-band-for-free/

In a man's world, a younger woman is supposed to go for an older man because he has more wealth (his reward for being male) and her youthful looks will boost his ego and furthermore, she can get pregnant, and we all know breeding is a priority. Calista Flockhart is just one example of a woman who married a man 20+ years older than her.

Neil Gaiman is sooooo old. Gross. :p

It's great that Morrissey is having an art damaged woman who pounds on a piano while caterwauling discordantly open the show.
That has really been lacking at Morrissey concerts in recent years.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom