Best Speedway? - Which one do you like?

javert

Super Moderator
Subscriber
I love Speedway and Moz seems since early 2014 started to really play it at almost every show.
Which is your favorite live version?

Mine has been at Nottingham in March.

What about you>

I love Speedway and Moz seems since early 2014 started to really play it at almost every show.

What about you>

This is the only one I can remember, so, Nottingham in March. 2-0.

What about you>

I don't know ; over the last number of years , it seems to have lacked that escalating vengefulness/frenzy of the 1995 "Introducing Morrissey" version ( which is certainly my favourite , even above the album version ). The current incarnations seem duller in tempo or robustness (?) ...

I don't know ; over the last number of years , it seems to have lacked that escalating vengefulness/frenzy of the 1995 "Introducing Morrissey" version ( which is certainly my favourite , even above the album version ). The current incarnations seem duller in tempo or robustness (?) ...

Everything he does now seem duller in tempo and robustness, i just put that down to age, he was dynamite back in the late 80's early 90's

Everything he does now seem duller in tempo and robustness, i just put that down to age, he was dynamite back in the late 80's early 90's

And I find the fact that every thread turns into "Moz was better in the past" very dull (and funny when I think about 1995 and how everybody at the time remarked that Moz wasn't as dynamic and more reserved than the tours before). I honestly believe that most people today are blended by their own nostalgia. It's not their fault. It's human. I like the version of today. I love Matt's drumming and I love the parts of the song where Moz sounds like Elvis.

My favorite Speedway version is every version. It's one of my favorite songs. :sweet: Now if he'd just add Rusholme Ruffians...:p

I'll say Nottingham 2015. I suspect Blackpool 1995 was better but my memory won't stretch back that far. Stil,l Speedway Nottingham was a highlight.

And I find the fact that every thread turns into "Moz was better in the past" very dull (and funny when I think about 1995 and how everybody at the time remarked that Moz wasn't as dynamic and more reserved than the tours before). I honestly believe that most people today are blended by their own nostalgia. It's not their fault. It's human. I like the version of today. I love Matt's drumming and I love the parts of the song where Moz sounds like Elvis.

I think now it's more like the album version but it was a bit more impactful when it was done a little faster. There's no denying that he doesn't have quite as much energy as when he was younger but he is getting older. He still sings really well.

I agree completely.

My fave Speedway is the only one I've ever been involved in - Birmingham 2015 - the election special :D - shouted it LOUD as I know it might be the first and last time I ever see him...

"Speedway" on Introducing Morrissey is one of his best performances, bar none. And no drummer has bettered Spencer's take on the song.

Boxers tour was when it was at its most potent but loved the 2014 Dublin version when he launched into Gilbert O'Sullivan.

Was disappointed there was no elaboration during the Cardiff gig

The "Bournemouth strikes again" bit knocked my socks off.

The one where he sang a line or two of Well I Wonder during the quiet section!

I love this one:

Morrissey hadn't done a tour for a while and he sounds great.
The white shirt reminds me of the "Introducing..." performance, the haircut is cool and so are the guys yelling "Down the hammer" at the wrong time and the way Moz corrects them a few moment later.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom