Madison Square Gardens - June 26th with support from Blondie

A

Anonymous

The above date was announced by Boz on his Facebook page - complete with poster - then hurriedly removed about 30 minutes later. Date was either June 26th or 27th.
Too late to be an April Fool's Joke, so presumably he just jumped the gun a bit on this one.

Speaking of vanishing posts...

Boz posted a picture (on his facebook and reposted by a Moz group) of the recent Moz in yellow shirt with a gig for Madison Square Garden and Blondie as support in June and promptly deleted it.
Was I seeing things?
Regards,
FWD
Found said post elsewhere... Very late April Fool isn't his style...
Screenshot_2015-04-03-00-38-08.png
Just noticed 'anon' beat me to it in the tour section.

Last edited:
Re: Speaking of vanishing posts...

Great minds think alike!
Swift moving of my post too - well done!
FWD :)

This can't possibly be real. I feel like it's either an aborted joke or a test to see how quickly Moz posts travel.

This can't possibly be real. I feel like it's either an aborted joke or a test to see how quickly Moz posts travel.

I would tend to agree, but I can't see why Boz would do something like that on the 2nd Feb. There's no mention on the Madison Square Garden site yet, but I do hope America gets more than one gig this year.
Regards,
FWD
Update: B. Midler is playing the 25-26th and Rush on the 29th. Nothing is booked between those dates.

Last edited:
That's way too big of a venue and has Moz ever mentioned Blondie?

That's way too big of a venue and has Moz ever mentioned Blondie?

He never really mentioned Cliff Richard or Tom Jones before announcing them as special guests, so I wouldn't really read anything into that. I don't see why the venue wouldn't be fillable with such a high profile guest slot.

He never really mentioned Cliff Richard or Tom Jones before announcing them as special guests, so I wouldn't really read anything into that. I don't see why the venue wouldn't be fillable with such a high profile guest slot.

It fits 18500. He can never fill that unless the Stones open for him.

I believe it. Makes sense actually.

We shall see.

Last edited:
It fits 18500. He can never fill that unless the Stones open for him.

im guessing thats why theres no md or philly dates as he might be trying to draw those people to new york of which i will be one to make an event which in some ways is a good idea if thats what you want need. in the last six months ive been to nyc like four times. i need to just move and be done

I hate when artists think they can fill these venues. Its like the Foos playing at Wembley Stadium and they are all "sold out" meanwhile on the DVD there are empty seats seen.

Kudos to having Blondie open for him. If I only knew songs from his last album, I might actually think about going.

Its like the Foos playing at Wembley Stadium and they are all "sold out" meanwhile on the DVD there are empty seats seen

Yes, and it's often (not always, of course) like that because some people buy several tickets to resell them for horrendous prices and then are stucked with them or some assholes buy tickets and in the end can't be bothered to go (for whatever reason). So, on the day of the concert it is almost never completely full, even though it is sold out officially.

I was looking at some seating charts for other shows at MSG and there is every possible configuration to the floor area. It can be all GA, GA pit in front of seats, half GA/half seats.

I was looking at some seating charts for other shows at MSG and there is every possible configuration to the floor area. It can be all GA, GA pit in front of seats, half GA/half seats.

They have just posted the event to TM, and there will be a GA section on the floor.

Yes I saw that and it's actually a good thing for those who want to get up front. They won't have to spend a fortune to try and get close to the stage. All you will need is a GA ticket.
But it also means a long queue on the hot streets of NY in June or inside the Garden if they allow it. :)

They have just posted the event to TM, and there will be a GA section on the floor.

were hoping to go but were also looking at the n.c. show

Back
Top Bottom