Surrendered will I am before you - true-to-you.net

Morrissey about the tour

Surrendered will I am before you - true-to-you.net
31 March 2015

We tender and render very sincere thanks to you for our triumphant March tour. The guilt I feel at my own happiness …

The nights that hit precisely:

1. Birmingham Barclaycard Arena
2. Glasgow SSE Hydro
3. Leeds First Direct Arena
4. Cardiff Motorpoint Arena
5. Bournemouth International Center
6. Nottingham Capital FM Arena
7. Groningen, Holland de Oosterpoort Main Hall
8. Belfast Odyssey Arena
9. Tilburg, Holland 013

Thank you for being there, and for showing such vigorous and loud support. We shall breast the tape at Barcelona and Murcia (Spain) in April and May, and then we square up for four nights at the Sydney Opera House in Australia. Good times for a change.

Is it illegal to be this happy? Thank you, also, to everyone who has managed to download "Kiss me a lot" from iTunes. We value your interest and encouragement beyond measure.

Below is a film clip of Matt's emphatic conclusion to the joy of Birmingham.
Merci beaucoup! ¡Gracias! Grazie! Dank je! Danke schön! Domo arigato!

Morrissey
31 March 2015

kit_thrash_1.gif

... and Matt's exhilaration elsewhere on the tour ...

kit_thrash_2.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Spencer did it in the past.. it's not a new thing.. and maybe Matt has done it too.. but the thing that makes me feel like it's a bit contrived is that he did it after playing Everyday Is Like Sunday.. not exactly a thrashing rocker that makes you go nuts.

it was the encore though to a very exciting show and perhaps hes just happy and excited about pulling off a great concert. also dont know how much he "destroyed them" except for maybe the heads which dont cost much. im guessing they were free anyway from the company for advertisement. thats usually the way it works even for much much smaller acts. itd be much much funnier if moz was to try and destroy his instrument. let matt "smash" the drum set with everyone leaving the stage and then have moz casually tip over the stand with a sour face and walk off. id laugh though i guess he gets to trash the shirt

moz as lifes adventures: munching on pizza and drinking vodka locked in his five star suite.

Pass the sick bag. Ignoramous Morrissey in black and white I despise you.

I have seen Johnny, the numbers are less as he is playing more intimate venues, both gigs I saw him play out were about 600 capacity venues but both were rammed, I also saw hom play to a good few thousand supporting new Order at Jodrell Bank.

Why would anyone consider it a failure? He does what he does and Morrissey does does what he does, they both seem to enjoy themselves.

Who's Johnny when he's at home?

tilburg managed under 1000 punters.

I bet you all the cheese in Cheshire he will never return to these huge venues as long as he is a solo performer, his act is old and tired and his last attempt collective was so shrap he withdrew it and then had the cheek to blame the label it was released on. The madness then continued with the thinking that income could still be achieved by performing the crock of shite at various arenas in the UK, it's no mystery why his latest bongo whacker kept kicking seven bells out of his bongo rack at the end of the act. Despite what the ultras are proclaiming the UK leg of the tour was one huge enormous soap lathered tit-flop. The support acts are either non existent or silver haired senior citizen old age bingo kings/queens.
The moral of the tour is ! Take responsibility for cobbling together your worst ever attempts that would have sounded better beng rammed through a blocked up organic cheese sausage machine.

Benny-the-British-Butcher

I Love Morrissey. I just don't love the fact that he doesn't love me back. I think about him every second of every day, hiding my emotions from the world and covering them up by pretending I hate him. As if. I LIVE for the man. I try to forget, by thinking of cheese, but it's no use. Please forgive me, Morrissey fans - love makes you do silly things.

(Damn why didn't we think of this sooner :) :) :)

I love Morrissey more than words can say.
I'm infatuated with the man and can't get him out of my mind.
So much so that I'm on here morning, noon and night.
I pretend to hate him but I love him, I love him, I love him. Somebody help me. Please.

Easy to spot the reall Benny though so once again Benny is your owner.

You've nailed it once again Benny

Benny "umpteen" -------Impressionists "kin-nill"

I bet you all the cheese in Cheshire he will never return to these huge venues as long as he is a solo performer, his act is old and tired and his last attempt collective was so shrap he withdrew it and then had the cheek to blame the label it was released on. The madness then continued with the thinking that income could still be achieved by performing the crock of shite at various arenas in the UK, it's no mystery why his latest bongo whacker kept kicking seven bells out of his bongo rack at the end of the act. Despite what the ultras are proclaiming the UK leg of the tour was one huge enormous soap lathered tit-flop. The support acts are either non existent or silver haired senior citizen old age bingo kings/queens.
The moral of the tour is ! Take responsibility for cobbling together your worst ever attempts that would have sounded better beng rammed through a blocked up organic cheese sausage machine.

Benny, you are starting to sound like a sad old fella. You didn't attend any of the gigs, so have no idea how the new stuff went down.

Has it ever occurred to you, that he may have played arenas to preserve his health, ie playing to a lot of people with fewer performances.

If he had chosen, Manchester Apollo, St George's Hall in Bradford etc, he would have had to sang on 17 occasions to perform to the over 50k (conservative estimate) who attended the 7 UK gigs.

You missed a treat Benny, deal with it.

Benny, you are starting to sound like a sad old fella. You didn't attend any of the gigs, so have no idea how the new stuff went down.

Has it ever occurred to you, that he may have played arenas to preserve his health, ie playing to a lot of people with fewer performances.

If he had chosen, Manchester Apollo, St George's Hall in Bradford etc, he would have had to sang on 17 occasions to perform to the over 50k (conservative estimate) who attended the 7 UK gigs.

I know. That's because I am one sad old fella. You don't need to remind me, I'm well aware of it. I wish to god that I'd gone to see Morrissey but my mum stopped my pocket money because I kept spending it on cheese. And she was worried I'd go AWOL trying to chase after him after the gig - once I'm in Moz-mode nothing can stop me. I need help. Dear god please help me.

Hi Surface

First, glad you enjoyed your Brum night out last Friday even though you had the misfortune of sharing an "elevator" with beaky Riley (is it illegal to be so hugely beaked ?) oh well, never mind.
You said in a previous post that the set list wasn't the best so my question is why not ? What was you expecting or hoping for ?
(Also would I be right in thinking you live in the vicinity of Macclesfield ?)

i think benny is spot on, unless the techonology is put in place to configure the seated sections even closer to the stage, he is done with the arenas. outside the uk, 1000 seaters, in the uk 3500 seaters.

in exotic lands, like australia, 2000 seats appear enough.

Belfast ! You could have been number one but you kill meat for McDonalds*

* Thanks for the info Benny Butcher

Morrissey/P E T A.

They're calling it creative destruction (German: schöpferische Zerstörung).

"In these crises, a great part not only of existing production, but also of previously created productive forces, are periodically destroyed. In these crises, there breaks out an epidemic that, in all earlier epochs, would have seemed an absurdity — the epidemic of over-production." - Marx/Engels

I think his lists are hysterical. I can't think of another artist that ranks gigs...very morrisseyesque ;)

This is a lovely statement. It's nice that he expressed such gratitude to the fans. :love:

- - - Updated - - -

The gifs are cool...but odd. :squiffy: Is a Morrissey concert the place for drum smashing?? Looks expensive!

They're calling it creative destruction (German: schöpferische Zerstörung).

"In these crises, a great part not only of existing production, but also of previously created productive forces, are periodically destroyed. In these crises, there breaks out an epidemic that, in all earlier epochs, would have seemed an absurdity — the epidemic of over-production." - Marx/Engels

Hoh, hoh, hoh...look at you Grad School Art Major. :p

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom