Surrendered will I am before you - true-to-you.net

Morrissey about the tour

Surrendered will I am before you - true-to-you.net
31 March 2015

We tender and render very sincere thanks to you for our triumphant March tour. The guilt I feel at my own happiness …

The nights that hit precisely:

1. Birmingham Barclaycard Arena
2. Glasgow SSE Hydro
3. Leeds First Direct Arena
4. Cardiff Motorpoint Arena
5. Bournemouth International Center
6. Nottingham Capital FM Arena
7. Groningen, Holland de Oosterpoort Main Hall
8. Belfast Odyssey Arena
9. Tilburg, Holland 013

Thank you for being there, and for showing such vigorous and loud support. We shall breast the tape at Barcelona and Murcia (Spain) in April and May, and then we square up for four nights at the Sydney Opera House in Australia. Good times for a change.

Is it illegal to be this happy? Thank you, also, to everyone who has managed to download "Kiss me a lot" from iTunes. We value your interest and encouragement beyond measure.

Below is a film clip of Matt's emphatic conclusion to the joy of Birmingham.
Merci beaucoup! ¡Gracias! Grazie! Dank je! Danke schön! Domo arigato!

Morrissey
31 March 2015

kit_thrash_1.gif

... and Matt's exhilaration elsewhere on the tour ...

kit_thrash_2.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
What the f*** does that even mean? You speak as if Morrissey today was selling out Wembley Stadium, rather than playing Tilburg on a wet Wednesday. Utterly f***ing delusional.

I'm getting a little tired of being lectured on how insignificant the Smiths were by children who have barely grown hair they can sit on. Compare and contrast Rank, or the better bootlegs such as Genius Steals or Same Day Again. Put up against the current band and material it is like comparing excrement to cream. You saying the opposite doesn't make it right.

If you still entertain the belief that Art Hounds or Bullfighter or Istanbul is even approaching equal to, let alone better than anything the Smiths ever released I suggest you seek urgent medical attention, but do it quickly. If you're lucky it'll only be your ears.

As for Morrissey not being "ours" anymore I doubt I'm alone when I say please, please, take him away. He serves no further useful purpose. The whole "tofu in a basket" Rolling Blunder Tour thing is numbingly tedious.

i would suggest 'modified' arenas a more apt description. modified for a smaller audience. i suggest 5 to 6 thousand at each show with maybe 7 topping at birmingham.

Morrissey concert at Birmingham

And here is another picture of the same venue. Some people need such iconic imagery to understand. ;)

put-on-an-event.jpg

Morrissey concert at Birmingham

And here is another picture of the same venue. Some people need such iconic imagery to understand. ;)

put-on-an-event.jpg

Is that the retard conference you attended? How the Fuchs is a band meant to set up on a conference stage?

One is a standing gig taken before the gig even started, one is a seated setting, from the NIA sales website.

Anyway, what did you think of the gig? You habe no idea have you!

What the f*** does that even mean? You speak as if Morrissey today was selling out Wembley Stadium, rather than playing Tilburg on a wet Wednesday. Utterly f***ing delusional.

I'm getting a little tired of being lectured on how insignificant the Smiths were by children who have barely grown hair they can sit on. Compare and contrast Rank, or the better bootlegs such as Genius Steals or Same Day Again. Put up against the current band and material it is like comparing excrement to cream. You saying the opposite doesn't make it right.

If you still entertain the belief that Art Hounds or Bullfighter or Istanbul is even approaching equal to, let alone better than anything the Smiths ever released I suggest you seek urgent medical attention, but do it quickly. If you're lucky it'll only be your ears.

As for Morrissey not being "ours" anymore I doubt I'm alone when I say please, please, take him away. He serves no further useful purpose. The whole "tofu in a basket" Rolling Blunder Tour thing is numbingly tedious.

You're forgetting a very important thing - everyone has their own tastes and opinions. Some people prefer the Smiths, some prefer Morrissey's solo stuff, accept it. If you want to compare them then look at how much material they've produced - Morrissey's had 11 albums and the Smiths only had 4. You've obviously listed some Morrissey songs you're not keen on, but look at Trouble love me, Certain People, Maudlin Street, Such a Little Thing, Crashing Bores, Pigsty, Far-off places, On the streets, All you need is me etc etc, I think they're up there with the Smiths stuff. No medical attention required.

By the way, cream contains pus cells and comes out of cows nipples, so that's what you think of the Smiths... :laughing:

You're forgetting a very important thing - everyone has their own tastes and opinions. Some people prefer the Smiths, some prefer Morrissey's solo stuff, accept it. If you want to compare them then look at how much material they've produced - Morrissey's had 11 albums and the Smiths only had 4. You've obviously listed some Morrissey songs you're not keen on, but look at Trouble love me, Certain People, Maudlin Street, Such a Little Thing, Crashing Bores, Pigsty, Far-off places, On the streets, All you need is me etc etc, I think they're up there with the Smiths stuff. No medical attention required.

By the way, cream contains pus cells and comes out of cows nipples, so that's what you think of the Smiths... :laughing:

I agree with you. JB is the old guy sitting on his porch without his dentures, wearing a bathrobe at noon, shaking his fist at the sky, lecturing us about "back in the day . . . "

after close observation, of the photograph showing the audience, with the standing front of stage, i would like to revise the attendance down to fifty percent, as obviously the pit is halfway empty, no punters in the rear.
and the seated sections, well, they are clearly shown to be bereft of any actual concertgoers.

What, is Morrissey's mom (this is your invite to unleash some anti-American hate) holding a gun to your head, forcing you to follow his career even to this day? It's pretty easy to stay away if you really want to. Like a smoker or alcoholic begging someone to please take away your liquor and ciggies, you're addicted to Morrissey. That's not my problem, it's yours. You haven't refuted anything I said. You proved me right. Your self-loathing at your own Morrissey addiction has made you blinkered and rabid, so much so that you appear to be seeking a small support group of similarly bitter, old kuntz who have all three thumbed you in a way your cat cannot.

after close observation, of the photograph showing the audience, with the standing front of stage, i would like to revise the attendance down to fifty percent, as obviously the pit is halfway empty, no punters in the rear.
and the seated sections, well, they are clearly shown to be bereft of any actual concertgoers.

Thanks for your views, people who were there know how well attended it was.

if you were to state that 600 attendance at a morrissey concert, the moz police here would spring into action instantly.

I remember seeing Moz play to a crowd of 250-300 in Belfast in 1999. Good gig too. That was before the nostalgia crowd cottoned on to him.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom