Surrendered will I am before you - true-to-you.net

Morrissey about the tour

Surrendered will I am before you - true-to-you.net
31 March 2015

We tender and render very sincere thanks to you for our triumphant March tour. The guilt I feel at my own happiness …

The nights that hit precisely:

1. Birmingham Barclaycard Arena
2. Glasgow SSE Hydro
3. Leeds First Direct Arena
4. Cardiff Motorpoint Arena
5. Bournemouth International Center
6. Nottingham Capital FM Arena
7. Groningen, Holland de Oosterpoort Main Hall
8. Belfast Odyssey Arena
9. Tilburg, Holland 013

Thank you for being there, and for showing such vigorous and loud support. We shall breast the tape at Barcelona and Murcia (Spain) in April and May, and then we square up for four nights at the Sydney Opera House in Australia. Good times for a change.

Is it illegal to be this happy? Thank you, also, to everyone who has managed to download "Kiss me a lot" from iTunes. We value your interest and encouragement beyond measure.

Below is a film clip of Matt's emphatic conclusion to the joy of Birmingham.
Merci beaucoup! ¡Gracias! Grazie! Dank je! Danke schön! Domo arigato!

Morrissey
31 March 2015

kit_thrash_1.gif

... and Matt's exhilaration elsewhere on the tour ...

kit_thrash_2.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
What a load of chuffing nonsence !
Of course Birmingham was his number one because it had the best attendance.
The rest where poorly attended piss-ups using black magic curtian trickery, the Kingdumb is not fooled by this charlatan cheese eating court jester crank anymore. He didn't even attempt to perform in his home town of Manchester because the black curtian factory had run out of raw materials.
No matter how he disguises his ramblings and waffle Steven Patprick Cheeseman is doomed and done for. The game is up.

Benny-the-British-Butcher

Nancy is making him happy. He forgot to add Morrissey 31 March 2015-Los Angeles. I guess to keep all the USA haters buying tickets.

Word is the "Bleed The Euros 2015 Tour" second leg has been a huge Euro/Pound maker. They may get that Beverly Hills mansion yet.....

He's in Europe. Is your life so pathetic you need him to constantly be in LA? He moved from there years ago and stays in a hotel when he visits.

The rest where poorly attended piss-ups using black magic curtian trickery, the Kingdumb is not fooled by this charlatan cheese eating court jester crank anymore. He didn't even attempt to perform in his home town of Manchester because the black curtian factory had run out of raw materials.
No matter how he disguises his ramblings and waffle Steven Patprick Cheeseman is doomed and done for. The game is up.

Thought it was a great gig Benny, not the best set list I have seen him do but it was well delivered. You talk about him being doomed and done for yet approx 50k people saw him on this tour. Not bad for a 55 year old with no record deal.

I love Morrissey more than words can say.
I'm infatuated with the man and can't get him out of my mind.
So much so that I'm on here morning, noon and night.
I pretend to hate him but I love him, I love him, I love him. Somebody help me. Please.

Thought it was a great gig Benny, not the best set list I have seen him do but it was well delivered. You talk about him being doomed and done for yet approx 50k people saw him on this tour. Not bad for a 55 year old with no record deal.

i wonder how many saw johnny on his tour and if they consider that a failure if the numbers are less. seems a contradiction in logic to me though both musicians make good music even if i like one more so.

tilburg managed under 1000 punters.

I love Morrissey more than words can say.
I'm infatuated with the man and can't get him out of my mind.
So much so that I'm on here morning, noon and night.
I pretend to hate him but I love him, I love him, I love him. Somebody help me. Please.

It's funny because it's true.

Morrissey and his lists. OCD much?

I think his lists are hysterical. I can't think of another artist that ranks gigs...very morrisseyesque ;)

This is a lovely statement. It's nice that he expressed such gratitude to the fans. :love:

- - - Updated - - -

The gifs are cool...but odd. :squiffy: Is a Morrissey concert the place for drum smashing?? Looks expensive!

i wonder how many saw johnny on his tour and if they consider that a failure if the numbers are less. seems a contradiction in logic to me though both musicians make good music even if i like one more so.

I have seen Johnny, the numbers are less as he is playing more intimate venues, both gigs I saw him play out were about 600 capacity venues but both were rammed, I also saw hom play to a good few thousand supporting new Order at Jodrell Bank.

Why would anyone consider it a failure? He does what he does and Morrissey does does what he does, they both seem to enjoy themselves.

if you were to state that 600 attendance at a morrissey concert, the moz police here would spring into action instantly.

What's a curtian you idiot? Seriously, you are one sad twat.

I have seen Johnny, the numbers are less as he is playing more intimate venues, both gigs I saw him play out were about 600 capacity venues but both were rammed, I also saw him play to a good few thousand supporting new Order at Jodrell Bank.

Why would anyone consider it a failure? He does what he does and Morrissey does does what he does, they both seem to enjoy themselves.

agreed surface but it just seems that if moz draws anything low at a show, for him, its a failure but if someone they like does then its an artistic choice. it just seems like a double standard and a lapse in logic and an example of bias to me as well as an agenda. should we start talking johnnys shows down since he draws far far less. i would emphatically say no but to some here i think would based on passed comments theyve made. they dont of course.

I take all that back!
I'm the one who constantly indulges in ramblings and waffle.
Morrissey is an extremely successful multi-millionaire and one of life's adventurers.
I am sadly a victim who is now talking to himself, which as we all know is the first sign of madness.
The game is up and it's curtians for me.

The gifs are cool...but odd. :squiffy: Is a Morrissey concert the place for drum smashing?? Looks expensive!

Spencer did it in the past.. it's not a new thing.. and maybe Matt has done it too.. but the thing that makes me feel like it's a bit contrived is that he did it after playing Everyday Is Like Sunday.. not exactly a thrashing rocker that makes you go nuts.

Benny-the-Basement-Dwelling-Bawbag ������

One day of course you will be correct, but you won't be around to see that day though, shame that.

is that morrissey impersonating benny the butcher!!!!
how the mighty have fallen, poor steven..

is that morrissey impersonating benny the butcher!!!!
how the mighty have fallen, poor steven..

Hope so, because if so he described himself as 'one of life's adventurers' which is pleasing and something I am definitely going to use to describe myself as in the future. Even if i rarely leave zone 3.

agreed surface but it just seems that if moz draws anything low at a show, for him, its a failure but if someone they like does then its an artistic choice. it just seems like a double standard and a lapse in logic and an example of bias to me as well as an agenda. should we start talking johnnys shows down since he draws far far less. i would emphatically say no but to some here i think would based on passed comments theyve made. they dont of course.

Seeing as Johnny waited 25 years to start his solo career while Morrissey shouldered the Smiths' legacy all these years, it's not as though Johnny has the choice to pick and play arenas by himself and further demand that they go all veg. He is simply not nearly as big a draw, so he has to play much smaller venues while the Moz-haters opine that it's due to artistic choice.

I think Johnny gets off easy, lying relatively low for such a long time, then swooping in as if to say, "Hey, I'm coming forward to claim my legacy!" And of course the UK music journos are happy to give him all the sloppy seconds Moz has rejected: Morrissey won't grant interviews to them, he doesn't want the crappy NME fake awards, so let's give 'em to Johnny.

It's almost as though the old-time fans resent Morrissey for becoming famous beyond The Smiths, they want to pretend that Johnny is now the greatest guitarist and frontman of all time, for not "selling out," for staying small and unknown. Yes, we get it. Morrissey and The Smiths were all yours once upon a time, not for the masses who were not privy to them. But, oh no, now they're hip and it's cool to like them. Boo hoo.

Imagine if Morrissey had laid low for 25 years. I don't think The Smiths would be as popular as they are today. Many new fans know of them through Moz because he stayed in the public eye. The ironic thing is that The Smiths Facebook page looks more like a Johnny Marr fan page because whoever's running that page knows Johnny needs all that help, while Morrissey has his own large following built up over decades by himself, without their help.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom