Tilburg - 013 (Mar. 29, 2015) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

What She Said / Suedehead / Staircase At The University / Istanbul / Kiss Me A Lot / Certain People I Know / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Neal Cassady Drops Dead / One Of Our Own / To Give (The Reason I Live) / Scandinavia / Speedway / Life Is A Pigsty / Stop Me If You Think You've Heard This One Before / The Bullfighter Dies / The World Is Full Of Crashing Bores / Meat is Murder / People Are The Same Everywhere / World Peace Is None Of Your Business // Everyday Is Like Sunday

setlist provided by Lars K, order corrected by -Christoph-.

• Review by Christoph (German) - Konzerttagebuch; photos (27 total). Links posted by -Christoph-.

tilburg.jpg
  • Photos by Lys Want (26 total) - Google Plus. Link posted by an anonymous person.

tilburg2.jpg

Last edited:
How long is this hate speech going to be tolerated?

AztecCamera, named after a band who had 1 album and 2 singles in the top 100 not even came close to les than 39

the rascist AztecCamera loves to use the nam N***, even just a day after Josie Jones died, which imperfect list starts with Adolph Hitler, the leader of that
fascist/rascist regime, that led to WWII and many deaths, who still till today are remebered, in every town of my country cemetries/or 1 big for the fallen ones... and also in other countries in Europe.
not to mention the camps where Jews were transfered, not many survived but AztecCamera loves to name words to get attention, take lots of pill a day
that makes your attention seeking away

the rascist AztecCamera can go on because David T let Him, and will not give or send his original provider acount so I can make an abuse.

FYI

'and they say he's mentall'... add AztecCamera to the imperfect list...[roady framed...who framed roddy rubbish]

Last edited:
After seeing Moz four times in three different countries this tour and I can only say that Tilburg was another treat. The band are and have been very tight. And his voice is stronger than ever.

Jesse Tobias will never play riffs like Johnny Marr did, but he certainly has improved. He moved on from the distorted Green Day sound to more subtle lines. Mando Lopez has mastered the bass lines of the songs very fast. Matt Walker never makes mistakes. Just like the rest of the band: the drumming is always flawless but never really surprising. Although I'm not a sucker for latin music; Gustavo Manzur has very clearly brought in new elements. Which fit Morrissey like a glove. During the band introduction Moz called Boz 'the musical leader of this project' (or something like that). And even after being on the band for decades now, he's still enjoying it.

'Certain people I know', 'Pigsty' and 'What she said' where my personal highlights. And of the new stuff I love 'One of our own'. I'm getting bored by 'Meat is Murder', 'Scandinavia' and 'people are the same'. But 18 up-tempo hits is maybe too much for him.

The ticket prices are too high IMHO. Since 2009 prices have doubled. But it doens't prevent me from going. I would regret not going to every gig within reasonable reach. It's clear that he's aging, I hope he can keep up with this for a few years. I will miss him like hell when he's gone.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    366.6 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
After seeing Moz four times in three different countries this tour and I can only say that Tilburg was another treat. The band are and have been very tight. And his voice is strenger than ever.

Jesse Tobias will never play riffs like Johnny Marr did, but he certainly has improved. He moved on from the distorted Green Day sound to more subtle lines. Mando Lopez has mastered the bass lines of the songs very fast. Matt Walker never makes mistakes. Just like the rest of the band: the drumming is always flawless but never really surprising. Although I'm not a sucker for latin music; Gustavo Manzur has very clearly brought in new elements. Which fit Morrissey like a glove. During the band introduction Moz called Boz 'the musical leader of this project' (or something like that). And even after being on the band for decades now, he's still enjoying it.

'Certain people I know', 'Pigsty' and 'What she said' where my personal highlights. And of the new stuff I love 'One of our own'. I'm getting bored by 'Meat is Murder', 'Scandinavia' and 'people are the same'. But 18 up-tempo hits is maybe too much for him.

The ticket prices are too high IMHO. Since 2009 prices have doubled. But it doens't prevent me from going. I would regret not going to every gig within reasonable reach. It's clear that he's aging, I hope he can keep up with this for a few years. I will miss him like hell when he's gone.

Sorry, Jesse is very much still an unmitigated disaster on guitar.

But he's an "ministering angel" according to Moz. I'm sure there are many people on this planet who would be very happy to have at least one "ministering angel" in their lives.

AztecCamera, named after a band who had 1 album and 2 singles in the top 100 not even came close to les than 39

the rascist AztecCamera loves to use the nam N***, even just a day after Josie Jones died, which imperfect list starts with Adolph Hitler, the leader of that
fascist/rascist regime, that led to WWII and many deaths, who still till today are remebered, in every town of my country cemetries/or 1 big for the fallen ones... and also in other countries in Europe.
not to mention the camps where Jews were transfered, not many survived but AztecCamera loves to name words to get attention, take lots of pill a day
that makes your attention seeking away

the rascist AztecCamera can go on because David T let Him, and will not give or send his original provider acount so I can make an abuse.

FYI

'and they say he's mentall'... add AztecCamera to the imperfect list...[roady framed...who framed roddy rubbish]

His odd obsession with Morrissey living in LA is also strange. Staying in a hotel a couple of months out of the year does not make a residence. This is a deeply disturbed person.

The reason I have a higher Jesse-T tolerance, still not liking him, is that he's not butchering EVERY song anymore. The rest of the guys have claimed more musical space. So he has less opportunities to mess things up. So to say: you are right.

Last edited:
Can't believe Russell Brand was there with Katy Perry. I thought they'd never talk again!

The reason I have a higher Jesse-T tolerance, still not liking him, is that he's not butchering EVERY song anymore. The rest of the guys have claimed more musical space. So he has less opportunities to mess things up. So to say: you are right.

I think the hate that Jesse Tobias receives from many people is far too extreme. You have to be honest. Some people seem to be capable of that, some aren't. I was around in 1991 when Moz started touring for the first time after the Smiths demise and while the Lads surely had fun and were full of energy and enthusiasm they also were shockingly bad. And Moz's live singing wasn't very good either (not surprising since this were his first shows in 5 years). But I didn't expect anything more accomplished than that and therefore wasn't disappointed. Also Moz and the Lads were lucky that the audiences everywhere were pretty much swept away by the general chaos and excitement of the shows (largely because they were just glad that Moz finally decided to play live at all). You could tell that Moz was simply relieved to have found some guys he loved to be around with and therefore he stood by them and he defended them. Of course Moz and the Lads improved overtime but it was anything but a strong and steady live force and I truly believe that many people's vision is blurred by nostaligia or whatever. And even Alain (whom I love) isn't an earthshattering musician per se but escapes people's criticism simply because he has a great talent for songwriting and is likeable as a person. Which leads us back to Jesse Tobias who isn't just being criticised for destroying Moz's music but somehow also virtually "gets the stick" for his personality which is ridiculous, really. There are some people on the planet who are likeable from the get-go without effort and there are people who are dislikeable from the get-go without any reason. And I think for many people Jesse Tobias falls into that category. So, ultimately, I think presently Moz has the strongest and steadiest live force he ever had (including Jesse Tobias) and the reason isn't just the music. You can see that the chemistry is right between Moz and his band. You can see that he feels save on stage, that he can count on the people behind him and I'm pretty sure that this particular point was even more important in the last few years when Moz struggled greatly. I remember one reviewer who, in 2009 when Moz was ill, said something along the lines as "his musicians got him through the evening as good as they could". We should be grateful for that and not unnecessarily pick on them.

I think the hate that Jesse Tobias receives from many people is far too extreme. You have to be honest. Some people seem to be capable of that, some aren't. I was around in 1991 when Moz started touring for the first time after the Smiths demise and while the Lads surely had fun and were full of energy and enthusiasm they also were shockingly bad. And Moz's live singing wasn't very good either (not surprising since this were his first shows in 5 years). But I didn't expect anything more accomplished than that and therefore wasn't disappointed. Also Moz and the Lads were lucky that the audiences everywhere were pretty much swept away by the general chaos and excitement of the shows (largely because they were just glad that Moz finally decided to play live at all). You could tell that Moz was simply relieved to have found some guys he loved to be around with and therefore he stood by them and he defended them. Of course Moz and the Lads improved overtime but it was anything but a strong and steady live force and I truly believe that many people's vision is blurred by nostaligia or whatever. And even Alain (whom I love) isn't an earthshattering musician per se but escapes people's criticism simply because he has a great talent for songwriting and is likeable as a person. Which leads us back to Jesse Tobias who isn't just being criticised for destroying Moz's music but somehow also virtually "gets the stick" for his personality which is ridiculous, really. There are some people on the planet who are likeable from the get-go without effort and there are people who are dislikeable from the get-go without any reason. And I think for many people Jesse Tobias falls into that category. So, ultimately, I think presently Moz has the strongest and steadiest live force he ever had (including Jesse Tobias) and the reason isn't just the music. You can see that the chemistry is right between Moz and his band. You can see that he feels save on stage, that he can count on the people behind him and I'm pretty sure that this particular point was even more important in the last few years when Moz struggled greatly. I remember one reviewer who, in 2009 when Moz was ill, said something along the lines as "his musicians got him through the evening as good as they could". We should be grateful for that and not unnecessarily pick on them.

its also i think worth considering how much moz is asking him to play something in a certain way. moz has always liked power chord rock music and when jesse came on he seemed to be going through that phase. like i dont see jesse going to moz and saying hey im going to play this charming man this way tonight and thats it. i can see moz asking him to do a song hes been playing for over twenty five years a little differently and it does sound like that death cab cover someone mentioned not long ago. i personally thought his songs on world peace were some top spots with im not a man and kiss me a lot etc. i think the hate more down to him replacing alain and that being it. if you dont like the way a songs played thats probably down to how moz wants the song cause i dont see him, moz, being very passive in that circumstance

its also i think worth considering how much moz is asking him to play something in a certain way. moz has always liked power chord rock music and when jesse came on he seemed to be going through that phase. like i dont see jesse going to moz and saying hey im going to play this charming man this way tonight and thats it. i can see moz asking him to do a song hes been playing for over twenty five years a little differently and it does sound like that death cab cover someone mentioned not long ago. i personally thought his songs on world peace were some top spots with im not a man and kiss me a lot etc. i think the hate more down to him replacing alain and that being it. if you dont like the way a songs played thats probably down to how moz wants the song cause i dont see him, moz, being very passive in that circumstance

http://www.fortitudemagazine.co.uk/...issey-first-direct-arena-leeds-2032015/24351/

"Morrissey seemed to be enjoying himself greatly and taking the last few years of illness into account; his voice is on top form and really shone on “Trouble Loves Me” and The Smiths classic “Stop Me If You Think You’ve Heard This One Before”. While his band have been past criticized for having a more”heavy handed” approach to intricately layered Smiths classics, I believe this is Moz’s choice to distance himself from the jangly sound of Johnny Marr, and to their credit the band were great, especially in the flamenco infused “Neal Cassidy Drops Dead”

Cucumber sandwiches;-) No. I was trying to be funny as the remark was made by Morrissey when all kinds of people started to explain to him why The Smiths split;-)
Gerrit

You know only a handful of anons can make just the right remark to both offend and cause unstoppable lols behind computer screens. Then again, with the varied sorts that pass through this overgrown and largely overpopulated gaggle of mozheads, it may not be the only thing occuring behind those computer screens... if you get my drift... No? Ok grab the handi wipes

Circel is bijna rond. Bijna 16 jaar en 9 morrissey concerten later stond ik weer in 013 Tilburg voor aan bij Morrissey. Om in dezelfde concertzaal te zijn op hetzelfde moment als de laatste romanticus is al speciaal. Als dan ook nog vooraf Velvet underground's " The gift" door de speakers komt wordt het helemaal waanzinnig. Met een stem die net als Dorian Gray eeuwig jong lijkt te blijven komen de nummers als juwelen voorbij. Fantastisch. Thank you for making such beautiful songs.

You know only a handful of anons can make just the right remark to both offend and cause unstoppable lols behind computer screens. Then again, with the varied sorts that pass through this overgrown and largely overpopulated gaggle of mozheads, it may not be the only thing occuring behind those computer screens... if you get my drift... No? Ok grab the handi wipes

Thanks for your kind advise but I won't need those. Well not for the situation your remarkable fantasy produced. I really do love this man but not erotically, as far as I am aware of. I love pussy. But maybe because I love him so much and if it would give him pleasure he would be the only man on this f***ing asshole planet that I would comfort and sooth. If that is strange? Well than so be it. But he does not need me. Maybe I am a little bit too obsessed and maybe it is a not so healthy obsession but than which one is? Maybe I am an idiot, maybe MoZ is an idiot (don't think so) but remember, in a village, in the country, the only person who has a personallity is the village idiot. He is free.
Gerrit

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom