Belfast - Odyssey Arena (Mar. 24, 2015) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

The Queen Is Dead / Suedehead / Staircase At The University / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / Kiss Me A Lot / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Stop Me If You Think You've Heard This One Before / To Give (The Reason I Live) / Istanbul / Meat is Murder / Earth Is The Loneliest Planet / I'm Not A Man / The World Is Full Of Crashing Bores / What She Said / Scandinavia / The Bullfighter Dies / Speedway // Irish Blood, English Heart

setlist (may not be in correct order) provided by an anonymous person.

Last edited:
Big deal. A pic of the old lady president of England looking all crazy sticking up her middle fingers. This may even be construed as cool by some people. Where is the pic of naked Morrissey covering up her mouth with his hand. Why didn't he open with Irish Blood instead of having it as the encore and leaving the venue faster than devouring a plate of spaghetti at some West Hollywood Italian restaurant? I thought he had bigger balls than this. I guess those Orange Army bastards must be real psychos.

BTW, I bet he had the battered onion rings for the post gig meal. Onion rings aren't "Irish" They are consumed in mass quantities by descendants of English immigrants in places like Tennessee, Mississippi, Georgia, Kentucky...etc. You Brits don't even known your own history.

Beautiful diatribe. However, I was asking why the onion rings cost more. As everywhere around me (which isn't Ireland) charge more for chips. Thank you for the jumped to conclusions and wiki info though.
Regards,
FWD

Sometimes i just wanna give him a hug and tell him hes going to be fine
Lately he seems to just run in circles, i know being unhappy is his creative foder but he could, in the finale hour of his life just relax and tap himself on the shoulders
He has one hell of a legacy

It truly baffles me to see "To Give (The Reason I Live)" return. Of ALL the songs in his cannon, why he forces this one on an arena crowd is quite strange indeed. I've seen this song done several times in 1500 - 3000 capacity venues, and people are either 1) dead to the world, or 2) running for the vegetable burger and beer stands. Hard to imagine this working any better in front of 8,000+. Can't we all agree this is pretty much the worst song he has ever picked for a live cover?

[Queue the two people who respectively argue 1) "it's HIS show man! He can play what he likes!" and 2) "He sings it so passionately! You just don't get it!"][//QUOTE]

Seems that that not everbody hates that song:

OMG! Can someone confirm "To give is the reason I live"? #Belfast #Morrissey - Hope he is going to sing it in Tilburg

@DenisBecker_db confirmed. He played it in Rome too. Fantastic

It truly baffles me to see "To Give (The Reason I Live)" return. Of ALL the songs in his cannon, why he forces this one on an arena crowd is quite strange indeed. I've seen this song done several times in 1500 - 3000 capacity venues, and people are either 1) dead to the world, or 2) running for the vegetable burger and beer stands. Hard to imagine this working any better in front of 8,000+. Can't we all agree this is pretty much the worst song he has ever picked for a live cover?

[Queue the two people who respectively argue 1) "it's HIS show man! He can play what he likes!" and 2) "He sings it so passionately! You just don't get it!"]

He sings it so passionately! You just don't get it!

To Give.. back on the setlist.. that's more insulting than cancelling a show due to poor ticket sales.

He sings it so passionately! You just don't get it!

Who cares? It's a shit song that most people don't know and that could have been something from him own catalog or a really cool cover. I've seen this song live multiple times and it just takes the night and crashes it into a wall.

I'd say my desire to hear this song live is less than Morrissey's desire to slaughter a pig, personally roast it and then eat the entire thing in one sitting.

Did he say anything on stage about how he thinks Northern Ireland should leave the United Kingdum and re-unite with Ireland? Or did he chicken out for fear of getting bottled?

Who cares? It's a shit song that most people don't know and that could have been something from him own catalog or a really cool cover. I've seen this song live multiple times and it just takes the night and crashes it into a wall.

I'd say my desire to hear this song live is less than Morrissey's desire to slaughter a pig, personally roast it and then eat the entire thing in one sitting.

Who cares? You obviously, as you use many words to remind everybody what a shit song it is. I wouldn't choose it myself to cover but I'm certainly not surprised Morrissey did. We know by now which music he likes and he very rarely picked "cool" songs or "hip" songs. If Moz ever was anything then I would say "obscure". The song has lyrics and a sentiment Moz indentifies with, so it's okay by me. It has a similar vibe as Let Me Sing And I'm Happy.

On the question of oil for frying the onion rings, chips and other healthy meat free produce I'm sure the artist would have requested that Theo's chicken outlet would have to use fresh oil and not the chicken contaminated oil used previously !
Steven doesn't do things by half surely ? ? ?

On another note did he accept any blue cheese ?

Benny-the-British-Butcher

"If you are feeling benevolent, be so" , regarding purchasing said single.....for those asking whether he quipped about a new single

Did he say anything on stage about how he thinks Northern Ireland should leave the United Kingdum and re-unite with Ireland? Or did he chicken out for fear of getting bottled?

48 posts in and only about 6 from people who actually went to the gig and want to share their experiences. I went to Glasgow on Saturday but couldn't be bothered to post because the usual suspects took over again. IGNORE THEM - do not react to their rubbish.

Mozzers' cat

Chips, onion rings or veggie burger ?
Is that it ? Is that how healthy his lifestyle is ? No wonder he's always ill, yet again another epic fail by the junk-food-etarian
I suspect the cheese paninis must have been sold at another vendor, what a crankfrand !
What a crank performing in the back yard of McDonalds European killing plant ! L O L again !
Now then black curtains and empty seats please ! ( hurry up sam )

People are going to see a concert Benny you whiner...they're not going to a restaurant. If they want to eat their dead carcass they can do that before or after the show.

"If you are feeling benevolent, be so" , regarding purchasing said single.....for those asking whether he quipped about a new single

Ha ha I'm surprised he even knows what the word 'benevolent' means ! This man is on his arse and he knows it. The KingDum has given him the fingers just like The Queen on his backdrop L O L and R O F L .
Did he accept any blue cheese ?
God save the Queen.

i really dislike the song, to give, but theres always someone who seems to genuinely like it

[Queue the two people who respectively argue 1) "it's HIS show man! He can play what he likes!" and 2) "He sings it so passionately! You just don't get it!"]
I certainly agree its the worst song I've heard him playing live, Scandinavia is almost as bad, why he persists with both these songs baffle me, especially with the incredible back catalogue he has to choose from

I certainly agree its the worst song I've heard him playing live, Scandinavia is almost as bad, why he persists with both these songs baffle me, especially with the incredible back catalogue he has to choose from

If another person mentions the word "back catalogue" I will jump off the next cliff. He played 10 songs from his back catalogue. But who knows, for the next concert Moz may consider the wishes of every single breathing person on the planet and removes those two songs ... and plays another two tracks from WPINOYB. By the way, I think Scandinavia is an incredible song.

I just pop into this site every two or three weeks to see what's happening in the world of Morrissey and every time without fail Benny the British Butcher hurls a torrent of abuse at Morrissey and "stupid" fans. It was irritating, annoying and funny for quite a while but now pity is the only thing I can muster. To be perpetually angry at one person so obsessively. In the words of that great philosopher Bosco Baracus "I pity the fool"!

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom