WPINOYB live

I was at the Hydro on Saturday, my first Moz gig since WPINOYB was released. And although I had read reviews, complaining about the set list being too WPINOYB heavy and feeling a bit flat in those areas I was shocked at how little atmosphere there was in the crowd whenever a WPINOYB song was played.

I hadn't heard any of these songs live so I was loving it and thought some of the songs sounded even better live. But from where I was standing I appeared to be the only one.

I appreciate the album is no longer available but surely 99% of the audiance already own a copy. I just find it hard to understand why an album, only released last year and considered to be one of Moz's best by the majority of fans, seems to have translated so badly in the live arena.

Are the audiance tired of these songs already?

The album is available everywhere. It's just not on iTunes.

I thought the new songs all translated well live. It doesn't matter what album Morrissey tours on the back of, the new songs are generally met with the same muted response. I can only remember Quarry and Arsenal being different.

I just know that in the age of the internet, if I wasn't into his new album, I'd take one glance at the setlists he's been doing and respectfully decline attending the show. He plays like 11 of the 18 deluxe cuts most nights. So there's really no surprise if you're there, I think.

I was at the Hydro on Saturday, my first Moz gig since WPINOYB was released. And although I had read reviews, complaining about the set list being too WPINOYB heavy and feeling a bit flat in those areas I was shocked at how little atmosphere there was in the crowd whenever a WPINOYB song was played.

I hadn't heard any of these songs live so I was loving it and thought some of the songs sounded even better live. But from where I was standing I appeared to be the only one.

I appreciate the album is no longer available but surely 99% of the audiance already own a copy. I just find it hard to understand why an album, only released last year and considered to be one of Moz's best by the majority of fans, seems to have translated so badly in the live arena.

Are the audiance tired of these songs already?

It was mostly poorly received in Belfast, to be honest. Crowd seemed older than the last few gigs I've been to see him at, more the nodding toe tapping sort than overly excited!

When an artist has new material and he's touring, he will play a lot of the new stuff. This goes for anyone. I wish people would stop attending his gigs expecting him to play Smiths songs and cuts from Bona Drag.

Not true. It's not at any record shops here and not on spotify.

By Everywhere I mean it can be bought with very little trouble. No album is essentially available everywhere, but you get my meaning. You can get it at Amazon, JB hi fi, Recordstore and plenty of other places. I have no idea where Here is but if you can't find it for sale you can't be looking too hard.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
By Everywhere I mean it can be bought with very little trouble. No album is essentially available everywhere, but you get my meaning. You can get it at Amazon, JB hi fi, Recordstore and plenty of other places. I have no idea where Here is but if you can't find it for sale you can't be looking too hard.

It's not easy to download on one's phone.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I found the Leeds gig wonderful but too heavy on the new stuff, if he'd have just taken a couple of newbies out and put in some from the vintage Bona Drag era or even a bit from Southpaw it would have been even better.

Also, he needs to drop Meat Is Murder, it's horrible

I found the Leeds gig wonderful but too heavy on the new stuff, if he'd have just taken a couple of newbies out and put in some from the vintage Bona Drag era or even a bit from Southpaw it would have been even better.

Also, he needs to drop Meat Is Murder, it's horrible

For the millionth time, it is not our concert. And, by the way, you should go to a Radiohead concertto learn some perspective ...

Not everyone has a computer and relies on their iPhone.

I'm not sure why you are arguing about such a silly topic.

Because it was mentioned in the thread that it was unavailable. I'll let you know when i start arguing :)

The record store near me has had a copy on black vinyl for a while now. I used to still see copies of the cds around a bit after the deal went sour but haven't in a while apart from several at Princeton record exchange.

Back
Top Bottom