TTY: Morrissey audience in Leeds, March 20th

Pro tip for Sam:

Tuck your elbows against your body when doing pan-and-scan to make your torso the tripod and your image more stable. Or place one hand on your shoulder like a half hug and put the camera on that arm's extended elbow and pan. :thumb:

I was there in standing and this was way before a lot of people had even got into the arena, it was rammed by the time Moz entered stage right, only the nosebleed seats at the very top had any empty spaces, I think it holds 13.600, I'd say there were at least 12000 people there, it was a mighty impressive sight I tell thee.

Don't worry BB and Benny will try and twist any new info to fit their boring serial stories. They are not interested in the truth.
It's too painful for them.

That's terrible.
Funny though.
I won't watch that twice.

As this video clearly shows the venue was 2/3rd full, which is a respectable turnout given the high ticket prices. The lower balcony is well populated with minor gaps but the Black Curtains screen four of the eleven blocks in the upper balcony. The upper balcony is almost deserted. I would assume an audience of perhaps 9000 out of a capacity of 13,500. Please don't try and claim that everyone in the upper balcony was still in the bar/car-park whilst those in the lower balcony were seated ready for show-time!

You can always rely on numbskull Morrissey cult members/fans to ignore the evidence before their eyes or the facts. Let's begin with reality:

It's after the support, and approx. 10 minutes before Moz comes on.

Then we can LOL at the fan fantasy that those in the upper balcony all decided to leave it less than 10 mins before taking a single seat, yet the balcony below was already full. How might we explain this? That all those seated in the upper balcony communed on Twitter to give Morrissey a scare and then rushed in when the lights went down? Or a rather more simple explanation that the venue was indeed only 2/3rds full but the cult fans still try to claim otherwise. Hilarious denials below:

I was there in standing and this was way before a lot of people had even got into the arena, it was rammed by the time Moz entered stage right, only the nosebleed seats at the very top had any empty spaces, I think it holds 13.600, I'd say there were at least 12000 people there, it was a mighty impressive sight I tell thee.

I was there and the venue was more than 2/3 full. This video was taken during the video, before most people had taken their seats.

best
BB

Last edited:
You can always rely on numbskull Morrissey cult members/fans to ignore the evidence before their eyes or the facts. Lets t's begin with reality:

Then we can LOL at the fan fantasy that those in the upper balcony all decided to leave it less than 10 mins before taking a single seat, yet the balcony below was already full. How might we explain this? That all those seated in the upper balcony communed on Twitter to give Morrissey a scare and then rushed in when the lights went down? Or a rather more simple explanation that the venue was indeed only 2/3rds full but the cult fans still try to claim otherwise. Hilarious stuff.

best
BB

You. Weren't. There.

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Not the most exciting of photos but they do give you some impression of how packed the place was later on in the evening.

BB is obsessed with cheese and "black curtains". What a sad individual.

I don't reemeber Sam being in the area with the other photographers.

Yep, I spotted him later on during the gig but didn't see him recording this before Morrissey's appearance.

Sure looks far more than 2/3 full. But don't expect BB to let photographic evidence get in the way of his storyline.

I love how he reviews gigs and makes assessments of attendance and wasn't even there.

Of course BB was not there! Black curtains my arse. That man is clearly not well.

Morrissey continues to do well. It's been a fantastic tour. Today's music industry is very tough yet he fills large arenas just like that. Perhaps not all 100% full/ sold out but very very successful nonetheless. That is an an achievement. Viva Moz! Always. Ignore the haters.

Morrissey continues to do well. It's been a fantastic tour. Today's music industry is very tough yet he fills large arenas just like that. Perhaps not all 100% full/ sold out but very very successful nonetheless. That is an an achievement. Viva Moz! Always. Ignore the haters.

These pictures, the shots from Glasgow....the panorama over the o2...Bournemouth was full...Nottingham was probably worst attended so far. Granted, tickets may be available on show days, but the fact is that people still want to see him play and he draws a healthy sized audience. At this stage of their career, a lot of artists who started in the eighties are relegated to the civic and leisure centre circuit. Morrissey may be labelless, but he remains box office.

These pictures, the shots from Glasgow....the panorama over the o2...Bournemouth was full...Nottingham was probably worst attended so far. Granted, tickets may be available on show days, but the fact is that people still want to see him play and he draws a healthy sized audience. At this stage of their career, a lot of artists who started in the eighties are relegated to the civic and leisure centre circuit. Morrissey may be labelless, but he remains box office.

What BB doesn't realise is most people who were famous at the time of The Smiths are nowhere as near as successful as Morrissey. Would Boy George solo fill an arena?

I've been to 2 dates and they were both just about full.

BB; Your negativity will eat you up in the end. It's Karma. Stop wasting everyone's time on this site.If you don't like Morrissey, just leave. Your posts are not "clever" or amusing, they are sad and annoying.

2/3 seems about right, what the big uproar, the upper tier is empty and the middle one maybe 50 percent.
cant really tell the lower bowl, but lets say 75 percent full, that makes for a rounded total 2/3 perfectly possible and reasonable.

L O L ! Hey Sam can you post us some footage of the Cardiff crowd by proxy via T T Y ?
Tell you what just post it straight here and cut the crap site out its so much easier, thanks Sammy lad.

Benny

Well well well ! Look back at my posts about the "arena tour" and the "black curtains" I did forewarn it wouldn't be a success but I never thought his Nephew would back me up with film footage thanks once again Sammy.
It looks as though people of the United Kingdum aren't as dumb as Silly Steven thinks.
The tour so far has been a car crash just like the LP world peace is non of your business and people have voted with their feet and stayed away but look on the bright side at least he was wise enough to stay away from Mandumbster that would have been a huge embarrassment not being able to sell out the Apollo wouldn't it ?
On a lighter note I am thinking about starting up " The blue cheese society " in Silly Steves honour please give feedback and thoughts.

Benny-the-British-Butcher

At £55+ a ticket, even 2/3rd capacity Morrissey is still raking in a shed-load of cash for each date of this arena tour. Personally I wish he'd found time to play at least a couple of smaller venues with character, and decent acoustics, but I guess it's all about Morrissey trying to prove his potential worth to any record companies out there. Good business, no doubt, but artistically 'The Big Soulless Arena Tour' sucks ass just a tiny bit, and makes me long for the tours of old. :/

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom