Morrissey and Mikey Farrell

A

Anonymous

Was/Is Morrissey in love with Mikey? I can't explain it. It's just an impression ...

Well, last time I checked Mikey is a guy, so it's certainly possible.

I absolutely understand what you mean. He is writing beautifully about Mikey and, for me, in almost the same manner as about Jake.

"... I have begun to lean on him and his able-bodied barrel chest, his mid-western industrial strength and his parental soundness." / "Mikey complicated my thoughts for a long time to come, and I indulge myself in meditative regret".

Even in his TTY-after-tour-missives around the time when Mikey was part of the band, he always got a mention. He was definitely on his mind a lot.

And then there's the issue with Sweetie Pie and this blunt open hearted lyrics, which in retrospect I think might be about Mikey and that's the reason why Morrissey got a change of heart (I think he said something along the lines of it being 'to sweet').

Sweetie Pie
I've fallen in love.
And the joke is on me.
And the sun's given up.
I'm depending on you,
To see I get safely to
The port where my heart
Is too lost to find.
And will be there to meet you when it's your time.

Sweetie Pie
I'm ending my life.
Because I've fallen in love.
And enough is enough.
I'm depending on you
To see I get safely to
The port where my heart
Is too lost to find.
And will be there to meet you when it's your time

Sweetie Pie
How I feel in my mind,
And how I live in the world,
They're oceans apart.
I'm depending on you
To see I get safely to
The port where my heart
Is too lost to find.
And will be there to meet you when it's your time.

Oh-ho,
Oh-ho,
Oh-ho,
Oh-ho

Have we moved from speculating about Jesse to Mikey Farrell now?

Post-Autobiography, there's no mileage left in this crap, surely. And what would Damon say? :rolleyes:

Have we moved from speculating about Jesse to Mikey Farrell now?

Post-Autobiography, there's no mileage left in this crap, surely. And what would Damon say? :rolleyes:

Jesse is very straight and Damon is probably used to this by now.

Ermm....I've heard stories about Jesse which would leave me to believe he isn't 100% straight, but this probably isn't the place to tell them.

Ermm....I've heard stories about Jesse which would leave me to believe he isn't 100% straight, but this probably isn't the place to tell them.

Well now you have to tell them.

I've heard plenty of stories that prove he likes women. Plenty.

Back
Top Bottom