Cardiff - Motorpoint Arena (Mar. 18, 2015) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

The Queen Is Dead / Suedehead / Staircase At The University / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / Kiss Me A Lot / Istanbul / Neal Cassady Drops Dead / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Stop Me If You Think You've Heard This One Before / Speedway / Scandinavia / One Of Our Own / Meat is Murder / Trouble Loves Me / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Kick The Bride Down The Aisle / I'm Not A Man / The Bullfighter Dies / What She Said // First Of The Gang To Die

setlist provided by mozzalini999.

• Photo by Kevin Pick - from We Are Mozzerians / Facebook. Link posted by docinwestchester.

cardiff.jpg
  • Review by Kirstie McCrum (5/5 stars) - Wales Online
  • Review by Leah Davies - South Wales Argus
  • Review and photos (20 total) by Kevin Pick - eGigs.co.uk
  • Morrissey review – in shockingly good voice throughout by Ben Thompson (4 / 5 stars, 1 photo) - The Guardian. Link posted by an anonymous person.

Last edited:
Unfortunately for both of you, your crank singer Morrissey DOES think food is an important issue at gigs. So direct your weary complaints to him, not me. I agree that bar facilities are important. Which raises the question of whether or not the beer and wine at his gigs is vegetarian and/or vegan. Does he screen the wine for isinglass? We need to know! I will make enquiries and revert back ASAP. Was Brains on tap at the Cardiff arena last night? Is it vegan?...*thinking*

best
BB

I don't care whether he thinks food is important, I have zero interest in his views on the subject and I don't give a shit about how animals are slaughtered or what the f*** happens to an animal in the making of cheese. That clear enough for you?

- - - Updated - - -

OR: They are simply more popular than Morrissey. A rewarding musical career isn't defined by spending 30 years at the coal-face/desk and then getting a BRIT award. Both Lionel and Paloma have Brit awards but not Morrissey. I'm sure you'll agree with Morrissey that his failure to sell out Cardiff Arena the night after these Brit Award Winners is part of the vast, global conspiracy to prevent him reaching a mass audience. OR: He's a tin-foil hat conspiracy loon.

best
BB

No I don't agree with any Morrissey theory on this. He was offered some cash from a promoter to perform some gigs. He took that cash so can't complain if they are not full.

I don't care whether he thinks food is important, I have zero interest in his views on the subject and I don't give a shit about how animals are slaughtered or what the f*** happens to an animal in the making of cheese. That clear enough for you?

Yes, and very helpful. I am sure you represent the vast majority of his fans, including a large percentage of The List who try to touch him after eating a burger. He chooses to imagine he's made a difference but the evidence from fans such as yourself is that he is just another singing troll-clown, albeit with a beautiful voice. Thank you for sharing!

best
BB

Unfortunately for both of you, your crank singer Morrissey DOES think food is an important issue at gigs. So direct your weary complaints to him, not me. I agree that bar facilities are important. Which raises the question of whether or not the beer and wine at his gigs is vegetarian and/or vegan. Does he screen the wine for isinglass? We need to know! I will make enquiries and revert back ASAP. Was Brains on tap at the Cardiff arena last night? Is it vegan?...*thinking*

best
BB

edit: Oh dear! Brains isn't vegan....I hope it wasn't on sale last night! "the beer that you constantly swill...." LOL!

[h=1]SA Brain & Co Ltd is NOT vegan friendly[/h]

http://www.barnivore.com/beer/1050/SA-Brain-Co-Ltd

As soon as I posted my comment I wondered to myself whether the self-appointed arbiter of Morrissey fans' dietary habits would take the bait and predictably enough he did... vegetarian alcoholic drinks is something 0.0001% of people worry about. Even vegetarians.

No Brains onsale at the gig but then what would you expect from people, who worship a cult?

I'm now thinking of indulging in meat products again, would you recommend organic meat?

I'm going to Birmingham next week. It's a big venue so It'll be interesting to see how full it is.

Like you I'd have preferred a smaller full venue which would create more intimacy and atmosphere.

I still can't wait for next Friday to come though!

I suspect it will be full as Brummie Boy will be there

Yes, and very helpful. I am sure you represent the vast majority of his fans, including a large percentage of The List who try to touch him after eating a burger. He chooses to imagine he's made a difference but the evidence from fans such as yourself is that he is just another singing troll-clown, albeit with a beautiful voice. Thank you for sharing!

best
BB

Yes you are probably right, regarding fans but why do you claim he is a singing troll clown? I would add that he writes some fantastic songs as well as singing them with a beautiful voice.

As soon as I posted my comment I wondered to myself whether the self-appointed arbiter of Morrissey fans' dietary habits would take the bait and predictably enough he did... vegetarian alcoholic drinks is something 0.0001% of people worry about. Even vegetarians.

No Brains onsale at the gig but then what would you expect from people, who worship a cult?

I'm now thinking of indulging in meat products again, would you recommend organic meat?

I'm sure the rest of the beers were also non-vegan, so PETA should have been picketing the bar, which would have been amusing to watch. But, of course, they wouldn't bother with anything so radical.

If you eat cheese, you may as well eat meat. Morrissey eats cheese and he's as complicit as anyone in animal suffering. The only option for him is veganism. The fact that he's spent 33 years denouncing others for behaviour he indulges himself is very, very tragic and comic.

I don't recommend anyone to eat meat. Or dairy. Or eggs.Or fish. However, I also don't lecture people from a stage posing as a radical. Unlike Morrissey. In fact, I just do what I can to live my life according to my principles. I suggest Morrissey does the same. Or shuts up and stops singing 'Meat Is Murder'.

I'm bored of this again. At least it feels that way. We'll see if there's further impertinent responses from the trolls in the cult. I've really enjoyed myself over the last day or so. I'd like to thank you all for playing the game one more time. Until the next time!

best
BB

- - - Updated - - -

I suspect it will be full as Brummie Boy will be there

I will decide on the night. I'll be in the area and Morrissey is an option, but only if it's cheap enough on the reseller market. Tickets in Cardiff were going for £11.36. That's about right. We'll see. I might pop in for a half hour. It's just a gig, it's only a diversion from reality. It's not really very important at all, despite Morrissey's snake-oil and smoke and mirrors claims to the contrary.

best
BB

Damn! I missed Lionel Ritchie!!! :eek: a finer, more upstanding gentleman you couldn't hope to be entertained by. Oh how I'd have loved that.

Yes you are probably right, regarding fans but why do you claim he is a singing troll clown? I would add that he writes some fantastic songs as well as singing them with a beautiful voice.

I agree. He writes some fantastic vocal melodies and sings them with a beautiful voice. But when he sings 'Meat Is Murder' whilst eating animal torture/slaughter cheese, the hypocrisy of his nonsense just makes me Laugh Out Loud. He is trolling his audience for outrage, just as he does about the royal family. He probably thinks he's having the same impact as the Sex Pistols with God Save The Queen when he 'drops his trousers to the queen' and poses near-naked next to her. I'd like to see him try that on in Thailand! He's a clown when he moves beyond what he's paid to do which is to sing and dance about the stage. Just like Lionel Ritchie and Paloma Faith did the nights before he turned up. At least Paloma Faith brings in a bona-fide political support act to voice her political concerns rather than singing absurd troll songs like 'Meat Is Murder' and getting PETA to ignore the smell of cheezy paninis. If Morrissey is so behind PETA, why doesn't he ask Ingrid Newkirk to appear on stage and explain why it's ok for Morrissey to sell Cheezy Paninis? I'd pay to watch that exchange!
I'm bored of this, but it's been fun. Until the next TTY meltdown, bye!
best & bye for now
BB

Paloma Faith: ‘The music industry is scared of politics’

Brit winner Paloma Faith, who went on anti-Thatcher rallies in her pushchair, has asked Guardian columnist Owen Jones to appear with her on stage. It’s time pop stars stopped being sheepish, says the outspoken singer

http://www.theguardian.com/music/20...en-jones-nhs-political-support-act-engagement

Last edited:
I agree. He writes some fantastic vocal melodies and sings them with a beautiful voice. But when he sings 'Meat Is Murder' whilst eating animal torture/slaughter cheese, the hypocrisy of his nonsense just makes me Laugh Out Loud. He is trolling his audience for outrage, just as he does about the royal family. He probably thinks he's having the same impact as the Sex Pistols with God Save The Queen when he 'drops his trousers to the queen' and poses near-naked next to her. I'd like to see him try that on in Thailand! He's a clown when he moves beyond what he's paid to do which is to sing and dance about the stage. Just like Lionel Ritchie and Paloma Faith did the nights before he turned up. At least Paloma Faith brings in a bona-fide political support act to voice her political concerns rather than singing absurd troll songs like 'Meat Is Murder' and getting PETA to ignore the smell of cheezy paninis. If Morrissey is so behind PETA, why doesn't he ask Ingrid Newkirk to appear on stage and explain why it's ok for Morrissey to sell Cheezy Paninis? I'd pay to watch that exchange!
I'm bored of this, but it's been fun. Until the next TTY meltdown, bye!
best & bye for now
BB

Paloma Faith: ‘The music industry is scared of politics’

Brit winner Paloma Faith, who went on anti-Thatcher rallies in her pushchair, has asked Guardian columnist Owen Jones to appear with her on stage. It’s time pop stars stopped being sheepish, says the outspoken singer

http://www.theguardian.com/music/20...en-jones-nhs-political-support-act-engagement

I go for a piss when he sings meat is murder, i have always hated the song. As for the queen stuff, i love the lyrics to the queen is dead and think the t shirts, backdrops ett are simply funny. I don't read into the messages as I don't think he actually believe in that stuff and says things about the royals for effect.

Re: Article: Cardiff - Motorpoint Arena (Mar.18, 2015) post-show

Black curtains ?

Benny-the-British-Butcher

First to post? Just showing how keen you are, I suppose? I bet you've been hucnhed over your keyboard hitting Refresh for ages, eager to glean info about tonight's set list, performance, etc.

There can be no other explanation but that you are a dedicated fan who resents the hold Morrisssey has over you.

Are Benny and Brummie mentally disturbed? The way they're living their short lives on this planet seems... ill advised.
Poor souls, having to do this every day. I'm hoping for an early death for both of them. For their sake.

They are obsessed with him as though they are scorned ex-lovers.

Last night was an amazing gig with the great man in fine form both vocally and in spirits.

Personal highlights were Suedehead, One of our own and What she said all showing what an amazingly varied repertoire hes built up over the decades. Hes still seen in some of the public`s eyes as a one trick pony but this couldn`t be further from the truth...

The only track I still feel uncomfortable with is the misogynistic overtones of KTBDTI which IMHO unlike William... or Fatty seems just pure bile.

The musical bus journey back from Bristol Parkway was full of the faithful all buzzing from the experience. Heres hoping Brizzol is somehow on the next tours itinery.

As they say across the bridge...Stay beautiful

I go for a piss when he sings meat is murder, i have always hated the song. As for the queen stuff, i love the lyrics to the queen is dead and think the t shirts, backdrops ett are simply funny. I don't read into the messages as I don't think he actually believe in that stuff and says things about the royals for effect.

Agreed. That's why I class him as a Troll. He makes remarks which on the 'surface' [sic] appear incendiary, but on closer examination are simply part of a Radical Chic pose which mixes up punk Pistols rebellion and tries to re-present it as new. He knows that attacking the royal family will wind up the press (or it used to, they just ignore him now) but it's become like a pantomime with people shouting out to the Queen, "he's behind you". The t-shirt of him in the nude next to the queen robs TQID of all it's enigma, it's now just another prop for the panto. As you say, it's a great track if you choose to see it as a silly interlude, but 'Meat Is Murder' is a different level of trolling. Especially when he's selling Cheezy Paninis. It's almost as if he's taking the piss out of his fans.

best
BB

BrummieBoy;1986910552 He chooses to imagine he's made a difference but the evidence from fans such as yourself is that he is just another singing troll-clown said:
BB

I have read your posts for a while now and I must say I enjoy what you are doing. Using the same head on tactics with less than innocent posters, attacking Morrissey on various issues, flooding each thread with such posts that put people off commenting. When once I used to loathe this website, the mere thought of it causing instant disdain, I now look foward too. A few years ago was at its worst, when Uncle skinny would try to dominate every post and his word was law in the land, davidt hiding behind his server, CG the court jester of the forum and the people subject to it all. Now the aforementioned step aside when you or your more atrocious but necessary friend Benny are near.
My viper tongued friend, Even your stand against cheese resembles all the petty shit those others would squabble over in every post. Do they see it? I wonder.
Either way I wanted to say this, I might be wrong I don't feel wrong through and that's fine by me.
Anyway, I hope you tear this goddamn place up, from the inside out.

Best Wishes

BB

I have read your posts for a while now and I must say I enjoy what you are doing. Using the same head on tactics with less than innocent posters, attacking Morrissey on various issues, flooding each thread with such posts that put people off commenting. When once I used to loathe this website, the mere thought of it causing instant disdain, I now look foward too. A few years ago was at its worst, when Uncle skinny would try to dominate every post and his word was law in the land, davidt hiding behind his server, CG the court jester of the forum and the people subject to it all. Now the aforementioned step aside when you or your more atrocious but necessary friend Benny are near.
My viper tongued friend, Even your stand against cheese resembles all the petty shit those others would squabble over in every post. Do they see it? I wonder.
Either way I wanted to say this, I might be wrong I don't feel wrong through and that's fine by me.
Anyway, I hope you tear this goddamn place up, from the inside out.

Best Wishes

Thanks.

Morrissey has based his career on bilious outbursts. He attracts fans who indulge in bilious outburts, but when I analyse the inconsistencies in his career I'm supposedly beyond vile. I couldn't care what anyone thinks, but I assume by the number of Thumbs Up I get that some lurkers are also questioning the sincerity of Morrissey on some topics. He's a fantastic singer, able to articulate buried emotions. When he does that I'm delighted to enjoy his performances. But when he starts moralising and pontificating without any plausible ethical basis, I just find it fun to debunk his nonsense. CG is finding it increasingly hard to ignore the 'signs' that Morrissey is a pseud on some issues. Hence she bombards me with Tarot cards and other nonsense to try and dissipate my criticism.

It's only music. We pay for it (or used to!) and the concerts are often 'a good night out and a laugh'. If Morrissey isn't taking the piss out of his fans he's got serious mental health issues. Either way, I choose to have fun with all this and pick and choose which part of The Morrissey Experience I sign up to. This site is there for anyone to express their point of view. I'm not aware of censoring anyone so refuse to accept censorship. The stand over Cheese is actually genuine as I'm vegan. Morrissey has spent 3 decades singing a song that exposes him as a clown. That's his choice. I find it hilarious that someone who claims to be an exponent of intelligence in pop music can be so utterly thick, but that's his choice.

best
BB

doesnt moz demand that no meat products be sold at many of his gigs? the promoters dont care, its a moz requirement that such products be deemed not fit for sale, so how can you then argue that moz has no control over what the promoters do? he is not obligated to take any offer from a promoter that includes provisions contrary to his ethics. the moz cult cannot have it both ways.

Thanks.

Morrissey has based his career on bilious outbursts. He attracts fans who indulge in bilious outburts, but when I analyse the inconsistencies in his career I'm supposedly beyond vile. I couldn't care what anyone thinks, but I assume by the number of Thumbs Up I get that some lurkers are also questioning the sincerity of Morrissey on some topics. He's a fantastic singer, able to articulate buried emotions. When he does that I'm delighted to enjoy his performances. But when he starts moralising and pontificating without any plausible ethical basis, I just find it fun to debunk his nonsense. CG is finding it increasingly hard to ignore the 'signs' that Morrissey is a pseud on some issues. Hence she bombards me with Tarot cards and other nonsense to try and dissipate my criticism.

It's only music. We pay for it (or used to!) and the concerts are often 'a good night out and a laugh'. If Morrissey isn't taking the piss out of his fans he's got serious mental health issues. Either way, I choose to have fun with all this and pick and choose which part of The Morrissey Experience I sign up to. This site is there for anyone to express their point of view. I'm not aware of censoring anyone so refuse to accept censorship. The stand over Cheese is actually genuine as I'm vegan. Morrissey has spent 3 decades singing a song that exposes him as a clown. That's his choice. I find it hilarious that someone who claims to be an exponent of intelligence in pop music can be so utterly thick, but that's his choice.

best
BB

I had a similar experience with U2 at Maddison Square Gardens, I was enjoying the gig and he suddenly started with a load of political shit. I went to the bar and never returned until after the gig, my wife wasn't too happy!

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom