Cardiff - Motorpoint Arena (Mar. 18, 2015) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

The Queen Is Dead / Suedehead / Staircase At The University / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / Kiss Me A Lot / Istanbul / Neal Cassady Drops Dead / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Stop Me If You Think You've Heard This One Before / Speedway / Scandinavia / One Of Our Own / Meat is Murder / Trouble Loves Me / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Kick The Bride Down The Aisle / I'm Not A Man / The Bullfighter Dies / What She Said // First Of The Gang To Die

setlist provided by mozzalini999.

• Photo by Kevin Pick - from We Are Mozzerians / Facebook. Link posted by docinwestchester.

cardiff.jpg
  • Review by Kirstie McCrum (5/5 stars) - Wales Online
  • Review by Leah Davies - South Wales Argus
  • Review and photos (20 total) by Kevin Pick - eGigs.co.uk
  • Morrissey review – in shockingly good voice throughout by Ben Thompson (4 / 5 stars, 1 photo) - The Guardian. Link posted by an anonymous person.

Last edited:
I have a short review of the gig if anyone's interested. It was amazing, but that was inevitable really. Morrissey was on top form, full of energy and passion as always. I saw him in Italy at the beginning of the tour and this one was just as good, it's remarkable that standards haven't dropped five months in. In fact, the setlists are now longer, 20 songs instead of 17. He obviously enjoys doing the shows - I think he once said that he feels most alive when performing on stage, and I feel most alive when he's performing on stage too, so long may they continue.

A few of the things he said... "Tonight will be death, or dishonour." "Do you know how old I am? I'm 32." "I'd like to say thank you to Caaadiff, whatever happens, I love you."

The highlights for me were Trouble Loves Me, World Peace, The Queen is Dead (Some lyrics were changed, 'her very lowness with her head in a sling, I'm not sorry but it sounds like a wonderful thing.' 'So I checked all the registered historical facts and I wasn't surprised to discover.' 'I swear to god I still don't know what drugs are'. What She Said, Suedehead (I think he said 'you had to sneak into my room just to see my utter gloom.' Paris, Stop Me, Sunday, I'm Not a Man, Bullfighter Dies, First of the Gang. Ok so the whole gig was a highlight (of my life).

The power (?) went off during Speedway, after 'you won't smile until my loving mouth is shut good and proper forever'. When it came back on he carried on as if nothing had happened, so perhaps it was deliberate, I don't know.

Anyway the subject matter is clearly cheese... so onto that... I didn't see any cheese panini's being sold. So that a relief, as it's true that there's as much cruelty, if not more cruelty, in the dairy trade as there is in the meat trade. Like humans, cows produce milk for their babies, but because people quite like it on their cereal or in a light snack such as a cheese panini, the calves are taken from their mothers and killed, some are shot at birth and some are exported abroad and killed at the slaughterhouse for the meat trade (veal). The females are made pregnant over and over again, while living in horrific conditions, going through the heartache of having her babies taken away, and then she herself is killed for meat at the end. Banning meat products (and being so passionate about it that gigs are cancelled if venues don't comply), while allowing dairy products is of course hypocritical, this is a fact not an opinion.

Meat is Murder was written before the horrors of the dairy (and egg) industries had been exposed at large. (See http://www.whitelies.org.uk/resources/video-footage/dark-side-dairy
and http://www.viva.org.uk/what-we-do/our-work/chicken-eggs) It was before the internet FFS. Just because Morrissey (along with the majority of us) wasn't vegan then, doesn't mean he isn't now. If he isn't yet, it's only a matter of time, as with his morals he couldn't possibly continue to eat cheese etc after seeing the footage. I have faith...

One more thing - what's with this obsession with how many 'youngsters' there are at his shows? I don't hear this being said about other (older) musicians after their gigs - Bowie, Bob Dylan, Leonard Cohen, Led Zeppelin, The Who, etc, so why him? It's ridiculous. Music is timeless and ageless.

I agree that it's hypocritical and that when MIM was originally released many people still had a view that dairy could be produced 'humanely'. Morrissey allows PETA to set up stall, posts YouTube videos of dog/cat mistreatment in China so it's implausible he isn't aware of all the research and exposes which you link to. If he plans on going vegan, it's over 30 years of wasting his time as a Cheesetarian. How Soon Is Now? He has fatally undermined his life's work by continuing to be part of the tapesty of death and torture by eating dairy. His rider from Zagreb in December proves that he still endorses the eating of cheese. Lots of people who care passionately about animal welfare eat cheese but they accept this involves the slaughter of male calves and that the mother cows will become hamburgers when they can no longer produce milk. Morrissey can eat cheese, but he cannot do so and sing 'Meat Is Murder' without making a total clown of himself. He's been doing that for 30 years plus. You have faith. Perhaps on his death-bed he'll realise he's wasted his life? If you label others as guilty of 'murder' for eating meat whilst still eating cheese you're full of shit. And by your own warped logic, also guilty of murder.

http://www.croatiaweek.com/morrisseys-zagreb-rider/

best
BB

It says 'Morrissey and his team of 22 people', it's not all for him... (it's unlikely that one person would request salted nuts and unsalted nuts). There's rice milk on there so it's likely that someone is vegan...

It says 'Morrissey and his team of 22 people', it's not all for him... (it's unlikely that one person would request salted nuts and unsalted nuts). There's rice milk on there so it's likely that someone is vegan...

If he provides cheese for one of his team, why not burgers or bacon? There's no difference in terms of animal suffering. None whatsoever.

best
BB

- - - Updated - - -

you got him red handed!!!!!
as PER ARTIST REQUEST there will be no meat products sold. AS PER THE ARTIST REQUEST being the moz. obviously he did not request the same for the cheese products as right next to the sign is a cheesy advertisement.
what is being is sold is what the artist wants sold.

Exactly! He eats cheese, endorses the economic viability of veal and is a total hypocrite for labeling others guilty of 'murder' for eating meat whilst he eats cheese.

best
BB

I have a short review of the gig if anyone's interested. It was amazing, but that was inevitable really. Morrissey was on top form, full of energy and passion as always. I saw him in Italy at the beginning of the tour and this one was just as good, it's remarkable that standards haven't dropped five months in. In fact, the setlists are now longer, 20 songs instead of 17. He obviously enjoys doing the shows - I think he once said that he feels most alive when performing on stage, and I feel most alive when he's performing on stage too, so long may they continue.

A few of the things he said... "Tonight will be death, or dishonour." "Do you know how old I am? I'm 32." "I'd like to say thank you to Caaadiff, whatever happens, I love you."

The highlights for me were Trouble Loves Me, World Peace, The Queen is Dead (Some lyrics were changed, 'her very lowness with her head in a sling, I'm not sorry but it sounds like a wonderful thing.' 'So I checked all the registered historical facts and I wasn't surprised to discover.' 'I swear to god I still don't know what drugs are'. What She Said, Suedehead (I think he said 'you had to sneak into my room just to see my utter gloom.' Paris, Stop Me, Sunday, I'm Not a Man, Bullfighter Dies, First of the Gang. Ok so the whole gig was a highlight (of my life).

The power (?) went off during Speedway, after 'you won't smile until my loving mouth is shut good and proper forever'. When it came back on he carried on as if nothing had happened, so perhaps it was deliberate, I don't know.

Anyway the subject matter is clearly cheese... so onto that... I didn't see any cheese panini's being sold. So that's a relief, as it's true that there's as much cruelty, if not more cruelty, in the dairy trade as there is in the meat trade. Like humans, cows produce milk for their babies, but because people quite like it on their cereal or in a light snack such as a cheese panini, the calves are taken from their mothers and killed, some are shot at birth and some are exported abroad and killed at the slaughterhouse for the meat trade (veal). The females are made pregnant over and over again, while living in horrific conditions, going through the heartache of having her babies taken away, and then she herself is killed for meat at the end. Banning meat products (and being so passionate about it that gigs are cancelled if venues don't comply), while allowing dairy products is of course hypocritical, this is a fact not an opinion. But like I said I didn't see cheese panini's (and you can get vegan cheese by the way).

Meat is Murder was written before the horrors of the dairy (and egg) industries had been exposed at large. (See http://www.whitelies.org.uk/resources/video-footage/dark-side-dairy
and http://www.viva.org.uk/what-we-do/our-work/chicken-eggs) It was before the internet FFS. Just because Morrissey (along with the majority of us) wasn't vegan then, doesn't mean he isn't now. If he isn't yet, it's only a matter of time, as with his morals he couldn't possibly continue to eat cheese etc after seeing the footage. I have faith...

One more thing - what's with this obsession with how many 'youngsters' there are at his shows? I don't hear this being said about other (older) musicians after their gigs - Bowie, Bob Dylan, Leonard Cohen, Led Zeppelin, The Who, etc, so why him? It's ridiculous. Music is timeless and ageless.

Thank you for this very thoughtul and thorough review of the show; it means a great deal to those of us who would love to be there but just cannot. I'm glad that you included some of the remarks made in between the songs; when he's fairly chatty during the show, it's a good sign that he is pleased with the way the performance is being received. Additionally, your take on the 'cheese' subject is, in my opinion, quite accurate. I think that if Morrissey isn't vegan yet, he is headed toward that direction. As you said, it's difficult not to make that choice if you are truly committed to protecting animals. Let's hope that he makes an official announcement so that the threads can get back on track. Please post again if you are fortunate enough to see any more shows. Some of us in the US are hoping for some late spring or summer shows, but if that doesn't happen, we can at least use posts like yours to remember our own fond experiences.

lynnda

I went to gig in Cardiff, re-ignited my passion for Morrissey. Loved it.

the point is we're talking about the cheese.

Maybe because nobody of his team wanted burgers or bacon???

Irrelevant. Cheese is identical to burgers and bacon. Veal dairy calves are slaughtered to steal their milk and their mothers become hamburgers when they no longer provide cheesy ingredients for Morrissey endorsed paninis at his shows.

best
BB

someday he will have to answer the cheese question, if he ever submits to a proper interview. if ever, since it probably will not happen, due to the amount of foolishness he would have to answer to.
if he eats cheese then we can eat cheese, if he does not eat meat we cannot eat meat and no meat on the rider. simply tell your party that if they want to eat cheese to fend for themselves on the matter.

someday he will have to answer the cheese question, if he ever submits to a proper interview. if ever, since it probably will not happen, due to the amount of foolishness he would have to answer to.
if he eats cheese then we can eat cheese, if he does not eat meat we cannot eat meat and no meat on the rider. simply tell your party that if they want to eat cheese to fend for themselves on the matter.

Eat what you want duck, or don't. If you want a burger eat one before you go or when you come out. Just stop the f***ing whining. Please.

Re: Hugely favourable live review in the Guardian

Morrissey's recent Cardiff show has been very well received at the Guardian: http://www.theguardian.com/music/2015/mar/22/morrissey-live-review-cardiff-observer-new-model

Some winning passages, too: "Musical director Boz Boorer has been the rockabilly Sancho Panza to Morrissey’s Brylcreemed Don Quixote since 1991."

I laughed out loud (and I love Moz & Boz). It could've been written by Moz himself. Oh, if someone could make a drawing out of that. It would be hilarious.

I agree. He's locked in his bunker and has made a fool of himself. That's why he is so wary of interviews with anyone beyond fanzines or blogs. In 1984 it was common for people to believe that there was a difference in animal cruelty between beef and dairy cattle. Now everyone knows that using dairy cows to provide milk and cheese means they end up being 'murdered/euthanised' when they have no more economic value as Milk/Cheese Machines.

The cheese on the rider is for him, that's why he specifies Irish Dubliner cheese by Kerrygold is flown to Zagreb. Would any roadie be so fussy?

best
BB

Eat what you want duck, or don't. If you want a burger eat one before you go or when you come out. Just stop the f***ing whining. Please.

your fearless leader moz says cheese ok. you eat cheese. when he changes his mind, and fearless leader says no cheese then you all will quit eating cheese. when fearless leader says jump you jump. lol

I disagree. Cheese is not identical to burgers. I hope you know that most of our food unless it is not completely chemical is produced with the help of products that have their origin in factory farming: horn shavings (taking from the factory cattle's hooves) or blood- and bone meal (mostly the sad remains of farmed chickens that haven't ended up as cat and dog food) as fertilizers to name just a few used especially in organic farming even tomatoes are bursting with cow dung pellets (+ antibiotics) and are grown on soil mixed up with sheeps' wool. I'd call myself a vegan and have to live with the contradictions that our sick, capitalist system forces upon every aspect of our lives, but I see a difference between a bloody steak and a potatoe. I just wonder how you do it, being so uncompromisingly puritan about other peoples' eating habits. Are you a breatharian? That's an honest question.

Yes. The steak is much more honest. It is authentic; it doesn't try to hide its nature and origin. You can't see the hidden costs of bringing that potato from farm to table. We are all complicit. We are all murderers. So why don't we stop the moralizing. Stop the labelling. And just agree we are all human trying to make the best of this short life we have on this planet called Earth. I don't care what Morrissey eats. I do care how he chooses to make pariahs out of flesh consumers--those who eat at the top of the tier--authentically. I feel no shame or remorse about my carefully thought-out decision to consume flesh--in its fleshy form. We are not all docile bodies--like Morrissey seems to assume. Some of us actually have tackled these issues and are OK with the conclusions we have drawn.

I disagree. Cheese is not identical to burgers. I hope you know that most of our food unless it is not completely chemical is produced with the help of products that have their origin in factory farming: horn shavings (taking from the factory cattle's hooves) or blood- and bone meal (mostly the sad remains of farmed chickens that haven't ended up as cat and dog food) as fertilizers to name just a few used especially in organic farming even tomatoes are bursting with cow dung pellets (+ antibiotics) and are grown on soil mixed up with sheeps' wool. I'd call myself a vegan and have to live with the contradictions that our sick, capitalist system forces upon every aspect of our lives, but I see a difference between a bloody steak and a potatoe. I just wonder how you do it, being so uncompromisingly puritan about other peoples' eating habits. Are you a breatharian? That's an honest question.

LOL! Shouldn't your enquiry about 'uncompromisingly puritan about other people's eating habits' be addressed to Morrissey as he labels meat eaters guilty of 'murder'? You move from comparing cheese to beef to comparing a bloody steak to a potato. Logic clearly isn't your strong point. The main input to agriculture is synthetic phosphorous, that' what produces the grain crops that feed the cattle.

Is Morrissey a breatharian? Or just a hypocrite full of hot air singing 'Meat Is Murder' whilst digesting cheese in his gut?

best
BB

Yes. The steak is much more honest. It is authentic; it doesn't try to hide its nature and origin. You can't see the hidden costs of bringing that potato from farm to table. We are all complicit. We are all murderers. So why don't we stop the moralizing. Stop the labelling. And just agree we are all human trying to make the best of this short life we have on this planet called Earth. I don't care what Morrissey eats. I do care how he chooses to make pariahs out of flesh consumers--those who eat at the top of the tier--authentically. I feel no shame or remorse about my carefully thought-out decision to consume flesh--in its fleshy form. We are not all docile bodies--like Morrissey seems to assume. Some of us actually have tackled these issues and are OK with the conclusions we have drawn.

I'm vegan but I can see the point you're making. It's entirely valid and logical, unlike Morrissey's emotional blackmail. There is MORE suffering involved in dairy production than in beef production. It's really astonishing how Morrissey's fans will defend his random arbitrary moralising against any and all evidence. It's exactly what a cult would do for their leader. Morrissey has absolutely no ethical basis on which to label you, or anyone else, guilty of 'murder' because he is complicit in the murder of dairy calves for veal. Without their murder, he would not have access to cheese.

best
BB

Sorry, but, no,no,no. We are NOT all murderers. We became murderers in our exploitative capitalist system. It IS possible to live in a society without exploitation and factory farming. Unfortunately our system has extinguished almost all possibilities to grow or produce "blood-free" food.

It is NOT possible to live at all without exploiting some form of nature. You are as guilty as the rest of us. Blaming an economic/political system--capitalism--is just scapegoating. You need to blame the true guilty party: human nature, the laws of the universe, Darwinism. Oh hell, blame god for making us all consumers. We were exploiters long before capitalism arrived on the scene. Perhaps a reality check is in order? You are residing on planet Utopia at the mo.

@BB: I was asking you how you deal with the contradictions of being an aware vegan. Anything you would like to share?

I've already 'shared' those details before. If you wish to read my comment history, please do so. It's not possible to live a vegan life without agricultural or horticultural casualties from ploughing, etc. But there is an intent and will to minimise suffering and death which is certainly far in advance of anyone who berates death via cattle farming whilst eating death by dairy farming. You are attempting the usual sophistry. Look that word up. It's not going to happen. I'm too clever.

best
BB

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom