Fans discuss how they feel about Morrissey's tour cancellations - The List

That pic just screams..."f*** I need to go back to Brit/Euro land for a f***ing SECOND LEG to afford the Malibu house payment, I never knew living in LA was so expensive and Nancy was so high maintenance."

u mad bro?

If you think that's what writing is about, you're not a writer. You're a blogger (and a lazy one at that). A writer knows the difference is, a blogger does not.

I agree with some of your points, but not with others.

I should have clarified better: one of the points of writing online articles is to generate clicks. It's pretty much implied that this goes hand in hand with an article of substance (a point I expanded on in my original reply).

Much of writing's value, not all but a lot, comes from the number of people that want to read something. Online, that means the number of views.

It would be incorrect to think that every major newspaper and magazine have a website simply for the fun and pleasure and art of writing. There is, obviously, a direct commercial imperative. I'm not sure I understand your point about me being a blogger, as, of all online journalism, bloggers are in the majority of those who don't write with a commercial imperative as many of them don't get much money for the views that they generate. What business models of writing don't rely on a readership?

How much writing in quality publications do you think is done without the notion in mind of things that lots of people would want to read, or 'click on'? What possible merit do you think writing something that nobody wants to read has?

I'm also not a blogger (well, I am, but not in this instance). The website isn't a blog, it's an arts and entertainment listings and editorial website. 'Lazy' was just a low blow, but I'll bite: the pitching, research and writing of this article blows that notion out of the water.

There's also a general misunderstanding in what 'clickbait' actually is. This article is not 'clickbait' - an example of 'clickbait' generally refers to a headline which encourages people to click through to the article at the expense of quality or accuracy, relying on sensationalist headlines. Clickbaits rely on the 'curiosity gap', in that a headline has just enough information to warrant a reader's interest, but not enough to make them truly satisfied until they've read the whole article. The headline (and subheader) to this article was neither sensationalist, nor inaccurate, in fact it sums up what's in the article. It's not 'clickbait' as it's is clearly the choice of the reader whether or not they want to read an article about what's stated in the headline.

I'm also interested in your last sentence: 'A writer knows [what] the difference is, a blogger does not.' The difference between what and what?

Last edited:
Oh, you're back then? Are you trying to match Morrissey's cancellations with the number of farewells you write and then renege on? Oh, the irony of these people who attack the devotion of fans while they themselves can't keep away from a website for more than 24 hours. And besides, if you truly believe he's "more than capable of smearing his own name", then why do you come here? Surely he's doing your job for you?

I think you'll find they've been 'goodbyes' rather than 'farewell', but one day....180!

This website is fascinating. A bunch of fan cult casualties who imagine they're above the TMZ/Perez hoi-polloi when Morrissey is now no more than a C List Kanye Kardashian, with the ruse of hidden/non-existant lover rather than breaking the internet with an arse pic. I'm sure he'd have loved to have got the response that Kim got to her arse pic with his Your ArseNAll and being nude with the Queen. Sadly for his troll media campaign, hardly nobody noticed or cared beyond a roll-eye.

Pity poor Morrissey. Traipsing around the UK to play half-full arenas whilst Kanye is gifted the top slot headlining Glastonbury on a Saturday night! The closest Morrissey ever got was when his tax-exile friends U2 invited him to ensure that their set would appear incandescent after his damp mess.

I hope this explains why I come here and why I periodically refrain from commenting. I will now re-watch Episode 3 of 'Banished' having enjoyed another session of mocking and LOLing at this site's denizens and Morrissey whilst having tea and toast elevenses.

Yes, Morrissey makes a fool of himself almost every time he opens his mouth other than to sing and even then, if it's Meat Is Murder he's singing, it's just cringeworthy LOLs given his Cheezy Panini fetish.

I come here because it's something to do in between other things. I also get a mild dopamine response when fools like you continue to question my behaviour which is identical to most other people posting on most other web forums. The difference here is that the web proprietor is also able to distinguish between the pleasures of being a paying consumer and submitting to Morrissey's tyrannical authoritarianism. I am NOT a 'fan' of this singer, I am a paying member of the audience. Or was. Can't be arsed now, it seems. But maybe I'll go to Brum next week. For the lulz..if nothing else.

I hope this response is helpful to you and you will no longer be troubled by pointless questioning about my visits here. It's really none of your business, is it?

best
BB

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom