Morrissey Highlights Animal Rights Activism on Tour Again - PETA blog

Morrissey Highlights Animal Rights Activism on Tour Again - PETA blog

Excerpt:

Morrissey is back touring the UK! This month will see Moz perform nine UK and Netherlands gigs, and he has invited PETA to come along.

At every one of his upcoming gigs, members of PETA’s Action Team will be on hand with leaflets and resources to show Morrissey fans just how easy it is to take songs such as “Meat Is Murder” to heart and ditch meat.

peta_leaflet.jpg

And over at his official merch table, fans can protest against blood sports with a new T-shirt design inspired by Morrissey’s tune “The Bullfighter Dies.”

bullfighter-500x500.jpg

I wonder if Morrissey is up to speed with the PETA descent into pantomime villains stealing family pet dogs and killing them? If anyone is aware of a PETA response on this issue, I'd love to read it. If Morrissey is happy to associate with this organisation when they refuse to explain their behaviour then he's certainly adding a certain bizarre element to his image.

I hope CG keeps Barney safe in case there's a PETA van around!

I'm probably going to vanish for a while now. I'm bored. Thanks for the fun last couple of days.

best
BB

PETA Really Needs to Respond to the Charges That Its Workers Stole and Killed a Family's Dog, Then Sent a Fruit Basket

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/arin-greenwood/peta-chihuahua_b_6189020.html

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...y-van-killed-came-fruit-basket-say-sorry.html

Ever thought it might be the stupid arsehole families that pander to their children when they say 'I want a puppy' or 'I want a kitten' so the arsehole parents go and buy these poor creatures from pet shops that buy from puppy and kitten mills, buying from hideous breeders that keep the dogs and cats in horrible conditions just making them breeding machines and to make money? Then keeping the puppy or kitten is wayyy too much trouble and the stupid children get over their 'pets' so what do the arsehole parents do? Either dump these poor animals out in bushland to then fend for themselves or give them to animal shelters.

Understand that these animal shelters are overrun with animals that are no longer wanted. There are not enough people adopting them so these beautiful creatures are put down. Its the way of the world. Maybe if arsehole parents didn't give in to their children when asking for pets that they will not look after past 1 year of age, the demand for these animals wouldn't be there.

If PETA staff did "kill the family dog" as the article suggests BrummieBoy then of course that is disgusting. But so is this from Huffington Post just under your PETA article "Sexual Abuse Of Cows In Factory Farms Is 'Not Uncommon'". Humans are not very humane are they?

Regarding Morrissey's cheese eating...ever heard of 'vegan cheese'? Its yummy and doesn't come from a cow's udder. Maybe, just maybe Morrissey may be eating that?

Ever thought it might be the stupid arsehole families that pander to their children when they say 'I want a puppy' or 'I want a kitten' so the arsehole parents go and buy these poor creatures from pet shops that buy from puppy and kitten mills, buying from hideous breeders that keep the dogs and cats in horrible conditions just making them breeding machines and to make money? Then keeping the puppy or kitten is wayyy too much trouble and the stupid children get over their 'pets' so what do the arsehole parents do? Either dump these poor animals out in bushland to then fend for themselves or give them to animal shelters.

Understand that these animal shelters are overrun with animals that are no longer wanted. There are not enough people adopting them so these beautiful creatures are put down. Its the way of the world. Maybe if arsehole parents didn't give in to their children when asking for pets that they will not look after past 1 year of age, the demand for these animals wouldn't be there.

If PETA staff did "kill the family dog" as the article suggests BrummieBoy then of course that is disgusting. But so is this from Huffington Post just under your PETA article "Sexual Abuse Of Cows In Factory Farms Is 'Not Uncommon'". Humans are not very humane are they?

Regarding Morrissey's cheese eating...ever heard of 'vegan cheese'? Its yummy and doesn't come from a cow's udder. Maybe, just maybe Morrissey may be eating that?

No, he's eating Kerrygold Dubliner Cheese made from animal milk. Here's his rider in Croatia last December.

http://www.croatiaweek.com/morrisseys-zagreb-rider/

PETA did indeed kill a loved family dog. It wasn't a stray. They kidnapped it from the girl's home and killed it. They are being fined $500. Why on earth Morrissey would invite such psychotics to set up stall in his concert venues is answerable only if one considers the very real possibility that Morrissey is equally psychotic in regarding 'meat' as 'murder' whilst stuffing his face with cheese.

It seems PETA is going to be punished for taking and killing Maya, a little girl's pet chihuahua.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/douglas-anthony-cooper/peta-will-be-fined-all-of_b_6770420.html

best
BB

No, he's eating Kerrygold Dubliner Cheese made from animal milk. Here's his rider in Croatia last December.

http://www.croatiaweek.com/morrisseys-zagreb-rider/

PETA did indeed kill a loved family dog. It wasn't a stray. They kidnapped it from the girl's home and killed it. They are being fined $500. Why on earth Morrissey would invite such psychotics to set up stall in his concert venues is answerable only if one considers the very real possibility that Morrissey is equally psychotic in regarding 'meat' as 'murder' whilst stuffing his face with cheese.

It seems PETA is going to be punished for taking and killing Maya, a little girl's pet chihuahua.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/douglas-anthony-cooper/peta-will-be-fined-all-of_b_6770420.html

best
BB

BrummieBoy, Morrissey is a VEGETARIAN!! Do you not understand this? Vegetarians eat cheese. They eat products made with dairy. You only isolate one food item in his list. If you read it carefully there are other items that are not from animals and do not contain animal products such as Organic marmalade without gelatine. As you would obviously know, gelatine is made from numerous disgusting animal body parts including horses' hooves. Another item in his list is Rice Milk..so looks like no dairy there either!

If he was stating all along he was a VEGAN then I would agree where you are coming from, but as he is not, who cares if he is eating cheese. Doesn't mean he can't have any sympathy for animals. At least he is raising awareness and addressing the issue of animal cruelty that is done on mass, daily.

Last edited:
BrummieBoy, Morrissey is a VEGETARIAN!! Do you not understand this? Vegetarians eat cheese. They eat products made with dairy. You only isolate one food item in his list. If you read it carefully there are other items that are not from animals and do not contain animal products such as Organic marmalade without gelatine. As you would obviously know, gelatine is made from numerous disgusting animal body parts including horses' hooves. Another item in his list is Rice Milk..so looks like no dairy there either!

If he was stating all along he was a VEGAN then I would agree where you are coming from, but as he is not, who cares if he is eating cheese. Doesn't mean he can't have any sympathy for animals. At least he is raising awareness and addressing the issue of animal cruelty that is done on mass, daily.

There is more cruelty involved in the production of cheese than there is in the production of beef. Male dairy calves are exterminated or tortured to become veal. Their mother's milk is stolen to make 'vegetarian cheese'. When their mothers stop producing milk they are killed and turned into hamburgers. There is no difference between a person who eats a hamburger and one that eats cheese in terms of animal suffering.

By eating cheese and selling it at his concerts, Morrissey is supporting the Economics Of Veal. He is endorsing the cruelty and suffering which dairy cows go through. I realise this may be hard for you to deal with but it's true. PETA should have been protesting the presence of cheese on Morrissey's supposedly 'animal rights menu' for his audience. They should have stuffed his £3.60 Cheezy Paninis down his throat and up his arse. Sorry to be blunt, but that's just how it is.

f*** Morrissey.
f*** PETA
f*** Cheesetarians

best
BB

one day they sent Ingrid Newkirk over. She suggested that I consider becoming a vegetarian. I told her that I had been one since 1978, and she told me that she and her friend Alex Pacheco had started a new group called People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals. She wanted to introduce me to Alex. We had dinner at our apartment the following Friday night.
Shortly after arriving, Ingrid, not a shy person, got up and opened the refrigerator and yelled, “What is this cow pus doing in here?” It took me a second to realize that she was talking about the milk. I responded that I did not see what was wrong about drinking milk, as the cows were not killed in the process. Before you gasp, remember that we are talking about it being 1982. The level of knowledge was worse then than it is now. Ingrid replied, “What do you think happens to them? Do you think they die of old age? How can someone obviously so smart be so stupid?” She then proceeded to pour my milk down the sink and dump all my ice cream in the garbage. That’s how we became friends. It was a rather interesting way to start a relationship.

http://www.believermag.com/issues/201102/?read=interview_francione

Last edited:
This action is rather disturbing on the part of PETA.

With $50 million earned in revenue last year, they are a company dealing with big numbers. Along with those big number perhaps come the sensation of big power. It seems Ingrid has lost the plot and has started to play God. The conundrum is the people working for and with her likely love animals and are proud to be associated with saving them and may be perplexed as to how to handle these kill orders when their founder seems to have good intentions in spreading the plight of animal welfare...but does she? Maybe she's gone mental?

This is some dirty shit, Morrissey. I have a feeling it's not a simple back-away-slowly-and-don't-make-eye-contact situation. I feel bad for you. :(

This action is rather disturbing on the part of PETA.

With $50 million earned in revenue last year, they are a company dealing with big numbers. Along with those big number perhaps come the sensation of big power. It seems Ingrid has lost the plot and has started to play God. The conundrum is the people working for and with her likely love animals and are proud to be associated with saving them and may be perplexed as to how to handle these kill orders when their founder seems to have good intentions in spreading the plight of animal welfare...but does she? Maybe she's gone mental?

This is some dirty shit, Morrissey. I have a feeling it's not a simple back-away-slowly-and-don't-make-eye-contact situation. I feel bad for you. :(

Read this article. Morrissey has drank Ingrid's Kool-Aid.

best
BB

"How does a saint become a butcher?

I am convinced that Ingrid Newkirk, the founder of PETA ("People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals") was once a good person. What happened?"

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/douglas-anthony-cooper/peta-kill_b_1387030.html

Ok, time to finish up for now. It's been an entertaining 3 day return to commenting on this site. I will now return to the shadows to read the 'incredibly stimulating discussions' which happen when I'm not commenting. *rollseyes*

As a final thought, it occurred to me that Morrissey probably suffers from mental health issues to do with his failure to follow through his values and embrace veganism. At some level he must be aware that the words he wrote in 'Meat Is Murder' are guiding him towards a renunciation of dairy. Perhaps that's why he insists on playing it at shows on an endless loop? His subconscious mind is trying to tell him that he cannot logically condemn meat eating as 'murder' whilst eating equally murderous cheese. I think this inner turmoil has been going on ever since MIM was released but he's a Dairy Addict and it's similar to Heroin:

[h=1]Why Cheese is Like "Dairy Crack": Because It's Got Morphine In It[/h]
http://gizmodo.com/5690088/why-cheese-is-like-dairy-crack-because-its-got-morphine-in-it

So, let's consider possible options for Morrissey:

1] Continue to troll his audience and the wider media with his implausible claims that he is entitled to label meat-eaters as 'murderers' whilst having cheese on his rider and selling Cheezy Paninis to his audience having banned beefburgers and hot dogs. An illogical position.

2] Stop singing MIM but refuse to issue a 'mea culpa' for having spent 33 years as a Dairy Crack Whore. Presumably out of some misguided stubborn pride.

3] Embrace Veganism and continue to sanctimoniously lecture meat-eaters without explaining how he ignored his 33 years of foolish Dairy Crack Whoredom

4] Continue as a Dairy Crack Whore, but delete MIM and accept he's no better than a lot of meat eaters in that his main concern is Animal Welfare NOT Animal Rights. He wants animals to be treated well and humanely gassed by PETA when they can no longer provide him with Cheezy Panini ingredients. This position is no different to those who want human treatment of animals before they are humanely killed for hot dogs and burgers. If PETA gas a dog/cat/cow to 'release' them from being enslaved by humans, how and why is this different to humane slaughter in abbatoirs? Discuss.

5] Renounce links to PETA due to their murder policy in relation to stray pets and their employees being found guilty of pet abduction and murder.

Let's finish by looking at PETA's claimed Mission Statement:

"Animals are not ours to eat, wear, experiment on, use
for entertainment, or abuse in any other way."

Unless they are a young girls pet dog that PETA deem expendable or Cheezy Panini ingredients in a pop star's Dairy Crack Whore Habit!

There's a humourous Twitter account called 'Troubled Morrissey' but it's obvious that the real life Morrissey is a deeply troubled soul. One can only hope that he finally concluded this 3 decade debate about animal rights in a way that retrieves some shred of dignity for him as an artist and person but that also puts and end to his entirely bogus posturing as an 'animal rights activist'. He is and always has been an 'animal welfare activist'. Sadly, he has never exercised his mind to realise the differences. Let's read what Gary Francione has to say about that difference:

[h=1]Animal Welfare Regulation, “Happy Exploitation,” and Speciesism[/h]

http://www.abolitionistapproach.com...ppy-exploitation-and-speciesism/#.VQwW5eFRKQU

In this essay, I think we can see the origins of Morrissey's utterly confused thinking about paedophilia and rape of animals whilst he ignores the rape and paedophilia that dairy cows are subject too. Yes, it's true that dairy calves are forced into providing fellatio before being killed for veal. The fact that only a small proportion of 'farmers' indulge in this paedophiliac zoophilia doesn't negate it as an issue.

In conclusion. Morrissey position on animal rights is irrational, illogical and is informed by the contortions of PETA's equally deluded philosophies. One can either be an Animal Welfarist or Animal Abolitionist. In 'Meat Is Murder' Morrissey sings as if he's the latter when he's quite clearly the former because: Dairy Crack Whore.

I may not be able to reply to any comments on this but I hope stimulates the discussion. Thank you all for providing such a nourishing and encouraging forum for these discussions.

best
BB

Mr

What a f***ing goose Morrissey is demanding no meat be served while he was performing at the Sydney Opera House. You would think he was a music legend outside of his own head. Mick Jagger, Bob Dylan, Leonard Cohen etc. are legends, not this f***ing fool. Anyway the fun part is that six of us dined at the Opera House while he was performing(?) and we all had meat and have a restaurant bill to prove it. Morrissey = Neville Nobody.

The 6 bullet points apply to almost all of Morrissey's announcements about animal rights. Especially the Norwegian Massacre. It's not about the animals, it's about Morrissey being a face-time shock-horror troll attention whore. Fortunately, the media are wising up to his trolling and largely ignoring him now, hence his ever more extreme rantings. The BRITs outburst being a particularly unhinged debacle. When Morrissey has to retire he will finally have to face the fact he's wasted his life. Even Concern Trolls like CG are unable to square the circle such is the cognitive dissonance emanating from Camp Morrissey and his PETA praetorian guard. It's both tragic and hilarious to watch him self-combust in his indignant contradictions.

best
BB

- - - Updated - - -

Morrissey is indeed the Ann Coulter of Adult Oriented Rock.

best
BB

You make valid points, so glad someone around here agrees that this is a crude approach and people shouldn't be subjected to violence, especially children and think it's wrong. It's sad someone I put on a pedestal such as Morrissey feels this is the best way to represent himself and his beliefs is through PETA who is tacky and inconsiderate of humans. It's good to know you're not talking out your ass and you actually back up what you say, thank you for that BB.

Still people will believe he does no wrong because he's "Saint Morrissey". No one worshiped him more than me, but he's taken our money disrespected us in return and not everyone has to disagree but in spite of being made to feel like I'm the only one who feels this way on this forum, I know I'm not. What angers me even more is the fact that he has the GALL assaulting people with violence and he cant even commit 100% to his PETA preaching. I've just recently learned this and it consumes me even more.

I was told to move on from being deeply offended and I choose to live in a bubble on this forum. In spite of what I consider to be a good concert, and this was my least favorite of all his shows by the way, what troubles me most is the fact so many think this is okay. I guess consideration of others went out the window when I blinked at some point.

To each their own, but I refuse, in spite of what life and Morrissey throw and me, refuse to be desensitized (and I refuse to desensitize my children too)

You make valid points, so glad someone around here agrees that this is a crude approach and people shouldn't be subjected to violence, especially children and think it's wrong. It's sad someone I put on a pedestal such as Morrissey feels this is the best way to represent himself and his beliefs is through PETA who is tacky and inconsiderate of humans. It's good to know you're not talking out your ass and you actually back up what you say, thank you for that BB.

Still people will believe he does no wrong because he's "Saint Morrissey". No one worshiped him more than me, but he's taken our money disrespected us in return and not everyone has to disagree but in spite of being made to feel like I'm the only one who feels this way on this forum, I know I'm not. What angers me even more is the fact that he has the GALL assaulting people with violence and he cant even commit 100% to his PETA preaching. I've just recently learned this and it consumes me even more.

I was told to move on from being deeply offended and I choose to live in a bubble on this forum. In spite of what I consider to be a good concert, and this was my least favorite of all his shows by the way, what troubles me most is the fact so many think this is okay. I guess consideration of others went out the window when I blinked at some point.

To each their own, but I refuse, in spite of what life and Morrissey throw and me, refuse to be desensitized (and I refuse to desensitize my children too)

c177c51ee6ecc23ebbce05018b464017.jpg

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom