Record Store Day 2015

I'd like the Pistols picture disc,

I'd like the Bowie picture disc,

Id like Psychocandy at Barrowlands,

I'd like the Dexys purple vinyl.

But most of all...

I'd like to be able to buy them from a record store on the day rather than on eBay at vastly inflated prices the following week.

Record Store Day is a great concept but it has a flaw. The best stuff is distributed in extremely limited numbers to the vendors who therefore ensure their best customers, who are nearly always dealers or part time dealers themselves, get first dibs. They then in turn put it up on the auction sites.

Cut out the middleman. Have an eBay Day.

JOIN HANDS AS IT WAS MEANT TO BE….
LIMITED EDITION RECORD STORE DAY EXCLUSIVE
For this year’s Record Store Day, Siouxsie & The Banshees are delighted to announce a limited edition vinyl pressing of the seminal Join Hands with its originally intended sleeve and tracklisting.
Back in 1979, and with the album ready to roll in its John Maybury-designed sleeve, the band’s label Polydor suddenly got cold feet about the supposedly “religious nature” of the artwork and substituted it for the version we know today - now repressed onto remastered 180GM gatefold vinyl with the track ‘Infantry’ restored to its rightful place as the album closer.
The album will only be available to buy from high street record stores from Saturday April 18th 2015.
Siouxsie: “I’ve always loved the artwork John Maybury presented for Join Hands and it’s wonderful to see again after all this time… Along with the inclusion of ‘Infantry’, here it is finally to have and behold in all its full glory.”
Steven Severin: “Not only does the album now look how it was intended but now boasts the original track listing. I can’t really remember why ‘Infantry’ was left off originally. Maybe we felt we hadn’t the time to develop it a bit further, maybe because it wouldn’t have fitted into the live set. Either way, it’s here now for posterity.”

I'd like the Pistols picture disc,

I'd like the Bowie picture disc,

Id like Psychocandy at Barrowlands,

I'd like the Dexys purple vinyl.

But most of all...

I'd like to be able to buy them from a record store on the day rather than on eBay at vastly inflated prices the following week.

Record Store Day is a great concept but it has a flaw. The best stuff is distributed in extremely limited numbers to the vendors who therefore ensure their best customers, who are nearly always dealers or part time dealers themselves, get first dibs. They then in turn put it up on the auction sites.

Cut out the middleman. Have an eBay Day.

I remember buying the pistols pic disc back in the day.

I'm looking forward to The Jesus and Mary Chain, and Swans. But like someone previously said, I hope I can get these releases on record store day, and not on eBay. I bought tix for The Jesus and Mary Chain show for moi and my (then) girlfriend, but hopefully I can find another lucky lass to share the time with.

Last edited:
Siouxsie and the Banshees, Join Hands (1979) is issued on vinyl in a gatefold brand new sleeve, it is in fact the very first artwork presented to Polydor in 1979. It also includes an as yet unreleased track on vinyl, Infantry.
voorbeeld.jpg

Managed to get Join Hands, Bowie pic disc and Marr Single but no sex pistols pic disc that seems the hot seller. Still pleased.

I got the Decemberists "Picaresque" and the Johnny Marr 7". Few other random things for myself and friends, but was most excited about these!

I'm looking forward to The Jesus and Mary Chain, and Swans. But like someone previously said, I hope I can get these releases on record store day, and not on eBay. I bought tix for The Jesus and Mary Chain show for moi and my (then) girlfriend, but hopefully I can find another lucky lass to share the time with.

I saw Jesus and Mary chain quite recently at the troxy in london. It would have been a great gig if the f***wit doing the soundcheck actually remember to check the mic. You could barely hear jim.

PS hope you will find another lucky lass

Back
Top Bottom