Electra Deal?

See I think interaction would be good just not direct. For example a me and moz instagram would be fun as people love to take pics with him and not just of him. Scoring one is a feat. Make A place where fans could post and he could comment occasionally on them would let people know he's looking and keeping the interaction at a distance would be intriguing for people and drive them to keep posting in hopes of scoring a comment. Just one example of fan interaction at a distance that would bring people back again and again for many reasons. Let an editor have final approval and it's be all good. Also let fans talk to one another and share the stories behind the pics would Add a another layer to the site and increase traffic. You'd see those stories quoted all over the place.

While this a cute idea, it could backfire-people could think he's encouraging it and be harassing him in public for a selfie.

But he does need a social media presence. I loved the idea someone had written about here when the album came out- how they would have some midnight release parties at indie record shops in the UK or US and Moz would take a selfie outside the shop and quickly leave. He could stay "mysterious" (he's not) and appeal to the young crowd.

Yeah me too twitter, facebook, instagram its all a follower popularity contest. I find technology a waste of time and people need to get a life in the real world.

But this isn't about getting a life- it's about Morrissey wanting to be relevant and get a record deal. Social media is a great place to meet friends (I met one of my best friends on Twitter) and promote your work. Morrissey has to play the game if he wants to be number one.

While this a cute idea, it could backfire-people could think he's encouraging it and be harassing him in public for a selfie.

But he does need a social media presence. I loved the idea someone had written about here when the album came out- how they would have some midnight release parties at indie record shops in the UK or US and Moz would take a selfie outside the shop and quickly leave. He could stay "mysterious" (he's not) and appeal to the young crowd.

they do that already though dont they, try and get a pic. i dont think fans need any encouragement for that and wed just be taking what people do anyway and try to build a bigger more collected profile with it. make peope think theyre promoting themselves and theyd tell everyone to come and looka t what moz said about there pic of him and they increasing traffic. if they want a selfie its not gonna be because of the site its gonna be because hes moz. as to the records store idea, they dont exist in very large numbers any more (no ones buys physical copies hardly at all and theyre for sure not gonna comeout indroves in the middle of the night) and logistically the payoff wouldnt be worth it (the travel and expense). if he was gonna do a release party hed be better off just doing a signing but then were not really talking about a social media presence anymore. release parties are old fashioned and hard to organize on any scale exceeding one or two

But this isn't about getting a life- it's about Morrissey wanting to be relevant and get a record deal. Social media is a great place to meet friends (I met one of my best friends on Twitter) and promote your work. Morrissey has to play the game if he wants to be number one.

I know he wants to be number one but it's never going to happen. Never. I think it's pretty romantic that despite being as good as he is, it never really happened for him on that grand scale. He didn't get where he is today by playing the game so why start now?

I know he wants to be number one but it's never going to happen. Never. I think it's pretty romantic that despite being as good as he is, it never really happened for him on that grand scale. He didn't get where he is today by playing the game so why start now?

I agree. And in a way I find this desire to be number one quite lovable because, as you say, I think with Moz it is foremost a deeply romantic thing, to be in that chart system that meant so much to him when he was young. I think especially younger people don't understand that at all (and how could they?). Another factor which I find quite essential is that Moz has so much passion for his own songs that he is sincerely hurt when they don't sell. I remember when he said about Hand In Glove (paraphrasing) "I won't give up until this song is in the hearts of everybody." That is the point. In Moz's imagination: more copies sold = more people reached. But maybe I'm wrong and everybody else here will jump on me and tell me it's all about the money.

itll happen for sure once hes dead.

Back
Top Bottom