So I've been on a Maladjusted kick lately

Ryan

Notre-DAYUM!
Subscriber
And really hope Moz decides to play Sorrow Will Come In The End live here in May. It's stuck in my head.

Is it a song you can't stand?

I doubt he will play it but it is a good song, I think it may have to much feeling attached?

Not sure it would work as a live performance, but it would make for an interesting walk-on piece with some fancy lighting.

I can't tell if this is a serious post. That track is (in my opinion) such a throwaway on an otherwise really underrated album.

I can't tell if this is a serious post. That track is (in my opinion) such a throwaway on an otherwise really underrated album.

It is a serious post. I love the tone of his voice and the carnival like music in it (similar to Ambitious Outsiders with its menacing carnival-like vibe) and it would indeed make a great opening live track actually, as mentioned above. Sing it with a huge image of Mike Joyce up behind him.

The remastered version is seriously good. I found myself undergoing a similar evaluation about 6 months ago.

The remastered version is seriously good. I found myself undergoing a similar evaluation about 6 months ago.

The remaster reordered version is what allowed me to get off the fence about it and declare good. I was happy

It is a serious post. I love the tone of his voice and the carnival like music in it (similar to Ambitious Outsiders with its menacing carnival-like vibe) and it would indeed make a great opening live track actually, as mentioned above. Sing it with a huge image of Mike Joyce up behind him.

So I've always hated both those songs--for the exact reason you like them--however I am listening to Ambitious Outsiders as I type and I might MIGHT just be finally coming around on it (Sorrow Will Come in the End still reminds me of Trent from Mystik Spiral).

That being said, what instrument or device was used to create the music? I know it sounds like (or is supposed to sound like) some kind of string or orchestra music, but it also sounds like it may have been produced with some sort of synthetic computer making music device for Windows 97. I know nothing about these kinds of things and have always been too terribly embarrassed to ask, but whatever it is it has always been what has been off-putting about Maladjusted to me (and to be fair the title track is one of my favorite Morrissey songs of all time. In spite of it its lackluster reputation, which I was obviously aware of, I went in knowing this, as well, so my mind was not poisoned from the start).

So who wants to answer my question and put years of speculation, silently internalized due to deep feelings of shame and personal inadequacy, to rest?

So I've always hated both those songs--for the exact reason you like them--however I am listening to Ambitious Outsiders as I type and I might MIGHT just be finally coming around on it (Sorrow Will Come in the End still reminds me of Trent from Mystik Spiral).

That being said, what instrument or device was used to create the music? I know it sounds like (or is supposed to sound like) some kind of string or orchestra music, but it also sounds like it may have been produced with some sort of synthetic computer making music device for Windows 97. I know nothing about these kinds of things and have always been too terribly embarrassed to ask, but whatever it is it has always been what has been off-putting about Maladjusted to me (and to be fair the title track is one of my favorite Morrissey songs of all time. In spite of it its lackluster reputation, which I was obviously aware of, I went in knowing this, as well, so my mind was not poisoned from the start).

So who wants to answer my question and put years of speculation, silently internalized due to deep feelings of shame and personal inadequacy, to rest?

Haha, I'd like to know too.

Back
Top Bottom