Sup?

BoredStiff

First post :)

And since this is a Morrissey messages board and I've never really being part of the whole joining a bands/artist e-board just to talk about them, I thought I might start out telling everyone how much i love Moz, because there will be no more, jk.

I've always been appreciated Morrissey a lot since I first heard You Are The Quarry around 04 with memorable hits like 'First of the Gang to Die' and thought that 'The More You Ignore Me, The Closer I Get' is the best tune for autumn ever made, so the impression have always been there, but I guess I never really felt or understand the full passion earlier since other worshiped the man, whats the deal? especially I didn't listening so much up to about last year or so and the greatness and passion have just amplified more and more since then (and this year) and now I understand, been listening to him everyday since, in fact I've most likely never been listening so much to an artist in that amount of time. People might say that it was more fun listening music when you where younger, but I'm about let say not so far away to get thirteen (how sad) but I've never had so much fun listening to music as now (what I can remember)

I place him quite easy, and I mean without any overreaction, since I felt, get the impression and listening so much that his in the top 3 over the best and most meaningful artist of them all, not that I sit with exactly numbering over the best artists but the best, they are there.

First post :)

And since this is a Morrissey messages board and I've never really being part of the whole joining a bands/artist e-board just to talk about them, I thought I might start out telling everyone how much i love Moz, because there will be no more, jk.

I've always been appreciated Morrissey a lot since I first heard You Are The Quarry around 04 with memorable hits like 'First of the Gang to Die' and thought that 'The More You Ignore Me, The Closer I Get' is the best tune for autumn ever made, so the impression have always been there, but I guess I never really felt or understand the full passion earlier since other worshiped the man, whats the deal? especially I didn't listening so much up to about last year or so and the greatness and passion have just amplified more and more since then (and this year) and now I understand, been listening to him everyday since, in fact I've most likely never been listening so much to an artist in that amount of time. People might say that it was more fun listening music when you where younger, but I'm about let say not so far away to get thirteen (how sad) but I've never had so much fun listening to music as now (what I can remember)

I place him quite easy, and I mean without any overreaction, since I felt, get the impression and listening so much that his in the top 3 over the best and most meaningful artist of them all, not that I sit with exactly numbering over the best artists but the best, they are there.

first off hey and welcome, im bored to death as well being snowed in frozen in for what seems like forever. for EVE er. anyway part of the thing about moz i think aside from good unique music melodies tunes whatever you wanna call it, his lyrics are very nuanced and versatile. hes clever, funny, referential, meaningful, aggressive and defiant sometimes all in the same lyric. theres many sides to the man. his offstage personality is also witty intelligent and i would say more honest even to his detriment than almost anyone ive ever seen. people read much into him and what he says, sometimes way to much imo, and they relate. especially in a world of overly calculated pop music. theres also something very old fashioned and skewed proper thats just appealing to a certain segment of similar people (or at least people who think theyre similar). not conservative in politics of course but maybe in style and approach to music and life. i could write and write about this until your bored even stiffer but i dont wanna do that. enjoy and come back as im really interested to see fans that got into him at different periods of time and what there perspectives are as that seems to deeply influence people current stand on the man. also this may seem silly but give the smiths a listen if you havent already. ive a feeling you of course have but just in case i dont want you to miss out on that experience

Back
Top Bottom