This Charming Man Riff

A

Anonymous

Does morrissey have it played a different way on purpose when he preforms this charming man live?
Is it out of respect, does it bring back memories>

Re: This Charming Man Rift

Does morrissey have it played a different way on purpose when he preforms this charming man live?
Is it out of respect, does it bring back memories>

sometimes. i know hes done it differently in the past on purpose but i also have to imagine its been misplayed somewhere as well so i dont know which instance you mean for sure. the power chord version is for sure on purpose. moz likes many types of music power chord rock included

There's an interview (on US radio I think) with Gustavo somewhere on the internet, and he says that M asked for it to be played that way. I think this is the same reason that the tremolo is so harsh on the solo version of How Soon Is Now too. I'm fairly sure that if he wanted either song to sound as Johnny wrote them that Boz and Jesse could produce it - the solo versions of Still Ill, Boy With the Thorn and Shoplifters really do sound great to me.

There's an interview (on US radio I think) with Gustavo somewhere on the internet, and he says that M asked for it to be played that way. I think this is the same reason that the tremolo is so harsh on the solo version of How Soon Is Now too. I'm fairly sure that if he wanted either song to sound as Johnny wrote them that Boz and Jesse could produce it - the solo versions of Still Ill, Boy With the Thorn and Shoplifters really do sound great to me.

He does a fantastic Stil Ill. I hope it's added to the set list.

He does a fantastic Stil Ill. I hope it's added to the set list.

yeah i got to see them do still ill in early 2013 and it was pretty amazing. i have a pretty decent phone recording or a bit of it but i had to put the phone down as i was to excited. think i posted it here somewhere once

I think it was suggested in a previous thread he wanted it to sound like the Death Cab for Cutie cover.

Which is believable...because it does...remarkably so.

Moz covering Death Cab covering the Smiths.

I think it was suggested in a previous thread he wanted it to sound like the Death Cab for Cutie cover.

Which is believable...because it does...remarkably so.

Moz covering Death Cab covering the Smiths.

that was me. woo!

cool didnt know that about death cab

Why does the Death Cab cover sing the line as "This man says it's crucial that someone so handsome should care," replacing "gruesome" with "crucial"? If you're going to cover a song at least study the lyrics properly first.

Why does the Death Cab cover sing the line as "This man says it's crucial that someone so handsome should care," replacing "gruesome" with "crucial"? If you're going to cover a song at least study the lyrics properly first.

Probably making it his own in typical moz fashion making the older creepy guy gruesome as it's how he comes off in the song. Damn I phone auto correcting my grammar

Back
Top Bottom