The Police/Sting opinions?

A

Anonymous

I know some people might be skeptical when they hear about the band because of sting, and it's not very smart to judge a band before you really hear it, and say all you want but The Police is pretty rad, Stewart Copeland great drummer, there guitarist wasn't to bad either. it's so raw, sometimes fast ("next to you", "so lonely"), really hits you. What do you think? do you like them or don't? favorite songs/album?

there is also a quite new documentary - "Can't Stand Losing You" Can't Stand Losing Yo www.youtube.com/watch?v=QAtOXEGJZm0 if anyone happening to be interested.

and since I'm on it, what about sting as a solo artist?, I know some people will dislike me over the comparison, but I used listening a lot to Sting and Moz separately, not that they sounded the same, but they where emotional, both made me feel comfort in a way, the compilation fields of gold was what a generally listened to, and ten summoners tale, a pleasure through and through, some songs here and there but some things is just boring.

Finally this is a The Smiths related question, I heard somewhere that someone read that if The Smiths wanted to play with the The Police and some from the band said something like "Why should we play with The Police, we are so much better then them" can someone confirm this? I also wonder what Moz think? since he later on said good things about reggae and that the band somehow started out as a punk rock band.

I love the Police. Sting solo has some good stuff too, but the Police catalog is much stronger

The Police have some good songs. Sting himself is very dislikeable, a middle class school teacher with a huge ego isn't a great image for a pop star. He seems smug and very pleased with himself. He also has a habit of singing at times in a mock jamaican accent which would get must people a punch on the snout. As for 'englishman in new york' it was a pathetic attempt to be the 'minority' and quite stomach turning.

Great band that wrote some fantastic songs.

Sting solo to me is hit or miss....

That quote is accurate about them opening for The Police.

I enjoy The Police. Grudgingly, because I really do not enjoy Sting. Regatta de Blanc would be my favorite among the albums.

Back
Top Bottom