Morrissey observations

A

Anonymous

I know this is probably an old topic but my sister who is not one bit into Morrissey had some time on her hands recently and decided to "try and figure out what it is about this singer". So she watched some live footage on youtube (actually hours upon hours, i was quite excited about that). She was beautiful afterwards and gave him great compliments but she also stumbled across some footage from the ill-fated 2014 US-Tour and said to me "was he ill or something?" and I explained it to her but naturally wanted to know what exactley led her to that impression.

She showed me following live footage from El Paso and Albuquerque and said "he looks like he has difficulties just standing there as if there is something wrong with his balance and in one video (Trouble Loves Me) it's quite ironic that he stumbles while singing JUST WHEN THE BALANCE SEEMED SERENE." She went on "and in one video (Life Is A Pigsty) he has some strange issue with the mic stand. It moves and he is completely irritated by it, but not immediately, his capacity of reaction seems is very slow." She further said "I don't know what's wrong with him in that one (The National Front Disco) but he stumbles again and seems a bit erratic, everything about him and his singing is strange here".

I was quite irritated about what she said but I gave the videos another go and was shocked that I hadn't noticed it before she pointed it out (I must say that I take her observations very seriously because in her job she constantly analyses recordings of CCTV cameras and has an eye for details). I know most people will say that it's utter bollocks and overdramatic but I had to share it. Acutally my point is, that I now believe that whatever was ailing him at the time was there since the beginning of the tour.

Trouble Loves Me (Albuquerque)
http://youtu.be/8RC50GeXvrI

The National Front Disco (El Paso)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_D5QtbVksg

Life Is A Pigsty (Albuquerque)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D8CZwDAWvfo

Are these reactions consistent with a person who had had too much alcohol?

I was saying from the start of that tour that he was sick. He stood on stage not moving at all the whole show and never took off the blazer. We got a few shirt tosses as the tour progressed, but I just think he didn't look right.

He's drunk.

He's pissed mate.

I know this is probably an old topic but my sister who is not one bit into Morrissey had some time on her hands recently and decided to "try and figure out what it is about this singer". So she watched some live footage on youtube (actually hours upon hours, i was quite excited about that). She was beautiful afterwards and gave him great compliments but she also stumbled across some footage from the ill-fated 2014 US-Tour and said to me "was he ill or something?" and I explained it to her but naturally wanted to know what exactley led her to that impression.

She showed me following live footage from El Paso and Albuquerque and said "he looks like he has difficulties just standing there as if there is something wrong with his balance and in one video (Trouble Loves Me) it's quite ironic that he stumbles while singing JUST WHEN THE BALANCE SEEMED SERENE." She went on "and in one video (Life Is A Pigsty) he has some strange issue with the mic stand. It moves and he is completely irritated by it, but not immediately, his capacity of reaction seems is very slow." She further said "I don't know what's wrong with him in that one (The National Front Disco) but he stumbles again and seems a bit erratic, everything about him and his singing is strange here".

I was quite irritated about what she said but I gave the videos another go and was shocked that I hadn't noticed it before she pointed it out (I must say that I take her observations very seriously because in her job she constantly analyses recordings of CCTV cameras and has an eye for details). I know most people will say that it's utter bollocks and overdramatic but I had to share it. Acutally my point is, that I now believe that whatever was ailing him at the time was there since the beginning of the tour.

Trouble Loves Me (Albuquerque)
http://youtu.be/8RC50GeXvrI

The National Front Disco (El Paso)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_D5QtbVksg

Life Is A Pigsty (Albuquerque)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D8CZwDAWvfo

Oh my god he almost fell over a few times. Maybe the tour was cancelled so he could go to England and dry out? Guess what causes barretts and an ulcer? Booze.

He's possibly stoned out of his mind, like he took a rip right before going on stage and it didn't hit him til TLM.

There was a show a few years ago and I think CG was there and he was hammered. I know it's on YouTube but I can't remember what show it was.

There was a show a few years ago and I think CG was there and he was hammered. I know it's on YouTube but I can't remember what show it was.

ive heard rumors of these drunk shows but never seen them. its always hard to tell whats health related medication and whats intoxication but your right about the ulcer and booze. its also incredibly nerve wracking to perform at times which can also give you an ulcer.

He was pretty wasted at the theater up at Universal City Walk that isn't there anymore. I thought he was pretty blitzed at the Cosmopolitan when he recorded Satellite of Love. He was angry drunk at the former, happy drunk at the latter. Awesome show in Vegas, one of his top 5 I've attended. The stage was ginormous, he probably got his cardio in going back and forth.

ive heard rumors of these drunk shows but never seen them. its always hard to tell whats health related medication and whats intoxication but your right about the ulcer and booze. its also incredibly nerve wracking to perform at times which can also give you an ulcer.

Booze can give you an ulcer and barretts, especially when you are downing a pint of vodka in one sitting.

I think people in the audience are too distracted by their own emotions and excitement to notice anything. I remember a very good quality video of Please Please Please in Portland 2013 with a close-up perspective where you can clearly see that Moz is in a great deal oft pain as he grimaces constantly, holds his stomach and interrupts his speaking. But the only thing people said afterwards was that he was great. It's quite sad.

He's absolutely unsteady on his feet during Trouble Loves Me. Did anyone notice at the time? I'm sure he takes meds for the acid reflux but that wouldn't cause this behaviour. He could be taking other meds, or be drunk.

Has he ever said he gets nervous before going on stage?

I think people in the audience are too distracted by their own emotions and excitement to notice anything. I remember a very good quality video of Please Please Please in Portland 2013 with a close-up perspective where you can clearly see that Moz is in a great deal oft pain as he grimaces constantly, holds his stomach and interrupts his speaking. But the only thing people said afterwards was that he was great. It's quite sad.

He looked awful in that video.

He's absolutely unsteady on his feet during Trouble Loves Me. Did anyone notice at the time? I'm sure he takes meds for the acid reflux but that wouldn't cause this behaviour. He could be taking other meds, or be drunk.

Has he ever said he gets nervous before going on stage?

i dont know if hes said it but ive never met a performer that doesnt at some point and yeah i meant different meds such as a pain med for the ulcer or an anti anxiety combined with the pain med so he can keep performing and keep commitments. ive no idea if hes drunk or not onstage but if you got some of the health problems hes had then yes you can get different meds to help cope while it heals and they can effect you. my father has an ulcer and acid reflex and these were options to him at the time though again im just stating options and not trying to make a decisive declaration on anything. i think i do remember him saying he likes having people he knows in the front row to help those berves but i dont know for sure at all

Fred had a bleeding ulcer and it was very bad. He nearly died from it. No one knew he had it, but his balance was VERY off and he would get lightheaded and dizzy at the drop of a hat. He was frustrated by his dizzy spells, utter weakness, exhaustion, tunnel vision and headaches. I bet Morrissey had similar symptoms and may have been frustrated by how his body was acting and/or confused by that. I know Fred was bothered by what was happening, but kept putting it off as being overworked. I bet Morrissey was in that camp, too.

I bet it was largely in part to his ulcer. Those suckers are brutal. Fred is sXe, too, but you'd have thought he was hammered by how silly he was because he was bleeding to death.

Fred had a bleeding ulcer and it was very bad. He nearly died from it. No one knew he had it, but his balance was VERY off and he would get lightheaded and dizzy at the drop of a hat. He was frustrated by his dizzy spells, utter weakness, exhaustion, tunnel vision and headaches. I bet Morrissey had similar symptoms and may have been frustrated by how his body was acting and/or confused by that. I know Fred was bothered by what was happening, but kept putting it off as being overworked. I bet Morrissey was in that camp, too.

I bet it was largely in part to his ulcer. Those suckers are brutal. Fred is sXe, too, but you'd have thought he was hammered by how silly he was because he was bleeding to death.

These shows were well after the ulcer, but he was sick on this tour. He didn't look right at all for many of the dates.

- - - Updated - - -

yeah the blood loss i imagine will make you lightheaded at times. feel sorry for him now as i know that sucks and is just awful.

I still can't believe he performed the night before he collapsed and woke up covered in "coffee grinds" ( the old blood that sits in the stomach from a bleeding ulcer and turns black)

Back
Top Bottom