Dom Pérignon & pizza with Morrissey: Joshua Radin interview

Cute.

There is such a thing as Vegan pizza. Do a search.

There certainly is. And we also don't know when this happened. Given that Moz lost a lot of weight in the past few months if he's vegan it's recent.

There certainly is. And we also don't know when this happened. Given that Moz lost a lot of weight in the past few months if he's vegan it's recent.

Plus I wasn't even aware he was vegan. I thought he was just vegetarian.

C'mon mate don't deny Skinny the opportunity to put the boot in.

This is typical. We have a very nice story where Moz i quite lovable and we learn that he is obviously still obsessed with the nature of happiness but people here just talk about possible cheese on a pizza. I'm out ...

This is typical. We have a very nice story where Moz i quite lovable and we learn that he is obviously still obsessed with the nature of happiness but people here just talk about possible cheese on a pizza. I'm out ...

This is the problem if you're the kind of artist that attracts an audience outside of the mainstream. Half of 'em are nutjobs that have to drag everything down to their miserable level.

The interview's not loading up, what's the jist of it?

Last edited:
Cynics might suggest that your music is so misery-driven that, should you ever become truly happy, you'll have nothing more to write or sing about. What's your response to that?

I don't know! [Laughs.] We'll see. I'll tell you when I get there. I had a great conversation one time with an artist I really admire. He looked at me after a bottle of champagne and said, "Are you happy?" And I looked at him and my response was, "What's 'happy'?" And he said, "Yeah, well put." I think for any creative person, it's like, what is "happy"? You're always struggling. There's never a finish line. If you find a finish line, you're done. So, you know, I don't want to ever find a finish line. You struggle and search for it, but it's all in the searching.

You mentioned starting off as a fan and thinking, "Wouldn't it be cool if I could hang out with them?" Have you got to live out some of those experiences?

Yeah, a couple times here and there. I've got to meet people that I really, really admire in this industry. And it's always been better than I thought it would be. It's always nerve-wracking. A lot of times, you don't want to meet your heroes because you're terrified — "What if the experience doesn't hold up?" And then when you're listening to their music, you're kinda like, "Ohhhhhh, I hope the experience of the actual person doesn't cloud the experience of listening to their music." But in the few times that I've gotten to hang out with some of my favorite artists, it was really special.

Any specifically?

[...] I had a dinner and a drunken night one time in a hotel lobby with Morrissey. Actually he's the one: "Are you happy?" and I said, "What's happy?" It was awesome. It was just me and him and one other person sitting in this lobby in London in this hotel that he lived in, and we polished off two bottles of Dom Perignon and had some pizza. And he just gave me stories. It was really cool, actually — he really turned me on to Patti Smith. Obviously, I knew who Patti Smith was, and I'd heard her music before, but I never really delved in, you know? And I asked him who his favorite artist was, and he said, "Patti Smith." And he said his favorite album ever was "Horses." And I admitted to him that I didn't own the album — I'd heard it before, but I didn't own it. And he ran up to his hotel room and brought me the CD. He happened to have Patti Smith's "Horses" CD in his room, and he brought it down to me. And that will always be one of my most special possessions. [...]

This is the problem if you're the kind of artist that attracts an audience outside of the mainstream. Half of 'em are nutjobs that have to drag everything down to their miserable level.

The interview's not loading up, what's the jist of it?

This comes to mind every time I see the word vegan, they should hang there heads in shame having a go at a man who's saved more lives than they've had sawdust sausages.

I'm Vegan and I eat pizza. There are pizzas without cheese and there are pizzas with "fake" cheese as well.

You can even find frozen Vegan pizza in some supermarkets in Europe.

He's never claimed to be Vegan. He lets PETA have stalls at gigs, and they promote Veganism. He's on record to have given up eggs, and the weight loss he puts down to ditching pasta and all those carbs. The lazy media have always called him Vegan, just because it sounds more extreme than veggie. And they like to paint him as an extreme character.

He's never claimed to be Vegan. He lets PETA have stalls at gigs, and they promote Veganism. He's on record to have given up eggs, and the weight loss he puts down to ditching pasta and all those carbs. The lazy media have always called him Vegan, just because it sounds more extreme than veggie. And they like to paint him as an extreme character.

How the hell do you know he gave up carbs?

Good god, honestly, there's finally no sane reason left to visit this site. There's absolutely no joy in
seeing the title of a new thread, reading the actual story, which turns out to be quite nice, only to
find yourself with the same old stale topic again and again and again ...

Even when there is no mention of food or clothes at all people somehow have the urgent need to
discuss it and therefore become boringly speculative and repetitive. And it always astounds me
that people jump on Moz NOW, when today he is much more widespread in his believes than he
ever was in the Smiths (even when not remotely perfect, of course, but who wants that anyway.
Perfection is boring). But I know that many people hold on to those supposedly sacred times and
cannot be bothered to use their brain (in case it even exists). And it must be quite hard for Moz
because people attack him for believes he already had when he was a teenager but which are
apparently worthless now because he has wealth and fame. Get your head around that.

So, I have long given up the hope to wake up one day to find the people around here discuss the
actual interview/story or, at least, all aspects of it.

Rant over

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom