How many Moz letters exist?

A

Anonymous

There must be so many letters/e-mails out there and by the account of most people they must be great. It would be such a waste if they were never to be published in some way.

My favourite letter is when he wrote a quote by "some 19th century fag"

Lol.

Countless. Hopefully, they'll all be collectively burned once he dies in order for him to remain the mammoth mystery that he is.

Countless. Hopefully, they'll all be collectively burned once he dies in order for him to remain the mammoth mystery that he is.

I feel like when he dies a WHOLE LOT of private info will come out.

the collected interviews are great so i imagine the collected correspondence would also be great

I might have mentioned this before...I know someone in London who for a brief time exchanged a few letter with Morrissey. It would have been around 1983/84 that they wrote to each other. The letters have been kept and highly treasured. I was allowed to read one of them when I was staying at his place many years ago. The letter was short. All I remember is that in the letter Morrissey said he supported Liverpool FC. He was probably just saying this to be provocative.

I asked my mate why wasn't he releasing the letters. His answer was that they were personal correspondence and it would be wrong to make them public and somehow breaking a trust.

I might have mentioned this before...I know someone in London who for a brief time exchanged a few letter with Morrissey. It would have been around 1983/84 that they wrote to each other. The letters have been kept and highly treasured. I was allowed to read one of them when I was staying at his place many years ago. The letter was short. All I remember is that in the letter Morrissey said he supported Liverpool FC. He was probably just saying this to be provocative.

I asked my mate why wasn't he releasing the letters. His answer was that they were personal correspondence and it would be wrong to make them public and somehow breaking a trust.

I like your friend. Very much. Good guy.

Of course it's all personal correspondance and should remain private ... but I can't help it. I'm quite fascinated by correspondance of famous people (especially writers) and I would lie if i said that I didn't enjoy the letters of Dylan Thomas or Franz Kafka, for example. They are much more than just correspondance, they are contemporary testimonies. Obviously I'm not trying to imply that Morrissey's lettes would be in that category but I would read them. So there you go ...

Of course it's all personal correspondance and should remain private ... but I can't help it. I'm quite fascinated by correspondance of famous people (especially writers) and I would lie if i said that I didn't enjoy the letters of Dylan Thomas or Franz Kafka, for example. They are much more than just correspondance, they are contemporary testimonies. Obviously I'm not trying to imply that Morrissey's lettes would be in that category but I would read them. So there you go ...

i felt this way when kurt cobains diary was published. still dont own it but i for sure read it so im guilty there as well

i felt this way when kurt cobains diary was published. still dont own it but i for sure read it so im guilty there as well

Yeah, I read through his diary in the bookstore when I'd see it many times. It felt weird doing so. At the same time his "all time favorite records" lists were always really interesting. He'd make so many throughout the years, like, just for himself.

Yeah, I read through his diary in the bookstore when I'd see it many times. It felt weird doing so. At the same time his "all time favorite records" lists were always really interesting. He'd make so many throughout the years, like, just for himself.

yeah i did the same but i love those lists. i got into the replacements because of that list, number nine or ten i think. on a semi related note i just bought mudhoney tickets for july and am really excited about it. they were also on the list

The letters I have read are so funny and inquisitive. To have been his pen pal would have been quite special, indeed.

Three, technically. M, O, Z. But there's a fourth letter if you tip the Z over clockwise 90˚ and it becomes an N. MOZ is MON or moon, that's why he's not a man, or Solar entitiy, he's the Moon, the feminine aspect of humans. When you say Moz you're referring to Lady Morrissey who flees from bottles flying at his head. Man Moz tells people to love him outside. I could be wrong.

Thanks for posting the link. I wish I could talk to Morrissey about James Dean - especially back in those days when it seems his interest in him was greater. I think our conversations would have been funny and quite interesting.

I wish he'd write biographies on his faves. I couldn't put down the autobiography when he wrote about Housman.

I wish he'd write biographies on his faves. I couldn't put down the autobiography when he wrote about Housman.

Yes, that would be nice. A new, updated James Dead Is Not Dean would be quite the read today, I believe! ;)

I can't wait to read whatever it is he's writing now!

Back
Top Bottom