Article: Unapologetically a Morrissey Fan - Cynthia Schroeder

"Morrissey has performed the song “Meat is Murder” at almost every single concert since the song was released nearly 30 years ago."

Nitpicking but I'm not sure about that, I've been to the same number of Moz concerts as the author of the article and I can't remember him playing Meat Is Murder at any of 'em. He didn't play Smiths songs at all for a few years either.

"Morrissey has performed the song “Meat is Murder” at almost every single concert since the song was released nearly 30 years ago."

Nitpicking but I'm not sure about that, I've been to the same number of Moz concerts as the author of the article and I can't remember him playing Meat Is Murder at any of 'em. He didn't play Smiths songs at all for a few years either.

He didn't do it to our show either, but I'll let it slide because it's so very rare these days that anyone defends Morrissey or his "fandom."

She also said he wrote most of the songs on the album. No, he wrote all of them

First time I remember it being on the solo set list was in 1999 on the Oye Esteban tour. I think it sounded a bit more raw then...

Okay first of all, Johnny Marr also was a co-writer on :Meat is Murder" so by law I cannot say Morrissey wrote every song on the record but he was a CO-WRITER on every song not the sole writer. It would be incorrect, and an insult to Smiths fans, to insinuate he was the sole writer regardless of how you personally feel in the Morrissey v. Marr debacle. I am writing for a publication and not my personal account. Second, why the hell are you all so mad about about it? All I'm trying to do is defend the man we obviously care for so much and share the perspectives of his unique fandom. Bug off!!!!!!!

Okay first of all, Johnny Marr also was a co-writer on :Meat is Murder" so by law I cannot say Morrissey wrote every song on the record but he was a CO-WRITER on every song not the sole writer. It would be incorrect, and an insult to Smiths fans, to insinuate he was the sole writer regardless of how you personally feel in the Morrissey v. Marr debacle. I am writing for a publication and not my personal account. Second, why the hell are you all so mad about about it? All I'm trying to do is defend the man we obviously care for so much and share the perspectives of his unique fandom. Bug off!!!!!!!

I found nothing wrong with the article. What ever you do, don't read too many of the recent huge threads here as you will see far greater critiques of lesser issues and therapy maybe required!
I think in the current climate, the fact you only 'suffered' a bit of nitpicking is a compliment given the sheer volume of negativity here lately.
Carry on regardless,
Kind regards,
FWD

neat that the dude from big d is a fan but also somehow not to surprising

i like it!

Back
Top Bottom