Morrissey to play two shows in Spain in May - true-to-you.net

Primavera Sound: 28 - 30 May
Sidney: 27-31 May

It´s going to be hard to be in Barcelona... SOS Festival (probably): 1-2 May, the other date... I just dont know.

AztecCamera is dumb enough to think that Moz endorses bullfighting by playing concerts in Spain. Why do such dumb-asses post here?

I'm not sure, I may be wrong, but isn't this where BULLFIGHTING WAS INVENTED?

I really don't get on the Morrissey hypocrite bandwagon, but this one is hard to ignore. Blykey!

AztecCamera is dumb enough to think that Moz endorses bullfighting by playing concerts in Spain. Why do such dumb-asses post here?
While i agree AztecCamera is dumb, you miss the point. Are you not aware of how Morrissey reacts to this sort of thing, this is a man who boycotted canada for seal clubbing.

Come on Moz, US dates!!

I'm so happy to see him being so ambitious.

But for the sake of Morrissey's continued career and health, he should avoid touring the US like the plague. It's a different animal to touring Europe. If he does risk it for a biscuit, I hope it's after the next album is recorded.

N bullfighting in Catalonia Anymore. Went to PrimAvera last year. good festival, good line-up, goes.on till 6am, good food, good company, no camping, great city. I would wager a fair bit one of the shows is PrimAvera.

No bullfighting in Barcelona but they run and torture bulls in other places in Catalonia, particularly in Tarragona. The ban had to do more with feelings towards nationalism than animal well-being.

Exactly! I can't stand projectors who purport to know what everyone does and does not want.

[email protected] can play the part of D-bag for failing to make a coherent animal rights argument.

I was not trying to make a coherent animal rights argument, I was trying to make a point about the double standard between Canadian animal brutality and Spanish brutality. I should've expected someone to post something nasty about me since attacking each-other is the only thing people seem to do on these forums. But come on 'Anonymous', don't you find the choice to not play in Canada due to cruelty against seals at least as bad as bull fighting? But please, keep the personal insults to yourself, have a 'coherent' debate with me, politely. Don't insult me, as I have not insulted you. The profanity I used was meant comically, weather you found it funny or not.

Thanks

- - - Updated - - -

I think he's mad at Canada for having the Queen on their money but he decided to blame it on the seals.

:) I doubt it, but good quote!

I was not trying to make a coherent animal rights argument, I was trying to make a point about the double standard between Canadian animal brutality and Spanish brutality. I should've expected someone to post something nasty about me since attacking each-other is the only thing people seem to do on these forums. But come on 'Anonymous', don't you find the choice to not play in Canada due to cruelty against seals at least as bad as bull fighting? But please, keep the personal insults to yourself, have a 'coherent' debate with me, politely. Don't insult me, as I have not insulted you. The profanity I used was meant comically, weather you found it funny or not.

Your point made here is very clear and I agree completely. All countries have something to be sorry for.

And as for posting here, you need to visit the guy from Silence of the Lambs and pick up a thick skin because it is as they say in America "the cost of doing business". It shouldn't be, but it is what it is. I will say the number of quality posters far out-way the other. To quote Taylor Swift (and who doesn't really) haters gonna hate. Don't take it personally. Until you have been called a bad lay you really haven't lived. ;)

Can't wait to see if new songs may be debuted during these upcoming concerts.

Your point made here is very clear and I agree completely. All countries have something to be sorry for.

And as for posting here, you need to visit the guy from Silence of the Lambs and pick up a thick skin because it is as they say in America "the cost of doing business". It shouldn't be, but it is what it is. I will say the number of quality posters far out-way the other. To quote Taylor Swift (and who doesn't really) haters gonna hate. Don't take it personally. Until you have been called a bad lay you really haven't lived. ;)

You're right. Thank you for your note. My original post was a bit silly and not ineloquent. I can do much better, I'd like to think I can write semi-decently :) I was hoping to have someone explain to me why Morrissey is harsh on Canada, but not on Spain. I mean animal cruelty for entertainment seems like the worst kind of cruelty to me, not that you can justify other kinds of killings. We also all know that the majority of people do not support either one of these forms of violence, in either country, and just because it takes place within someone's borders, doesn't mean Morrissey fans can do anything about it. Or is it perhaps that he feels more can be done by the general Canadian public? Because it would be more realistic to have meaningful demonstrations in Spain about bullfighting than effective demonstrations or boy-cuts in Canada in regards to seal clobbering. But this is my question, if you or anyone else knows. Is this not a double standard and if so, why?

Do you think there is good chance of songs from what would be the new album will be played? It would make sense right?! That would be tremendous, and it would make sense based on past tours, and how/when he introduces new songs. I'm glad you said that, I have even more to look forward to for this tour. Not that I am planning on making any shows, yet!

You're right. Thank you for your note. My original post was a bit silly and not ineloquent. I can do much better, I'd like to think I can write semi-decently :) I was hoping to have someone explain to me why Morrissey is harsh on Canada, but not on Spain. I mean animal cruelty for entertainment seems like the worst kind of cruelty to me, not that you can justify other kinds of killings. We also all know that the majority of people do not support either one of these forms of violence, in either country, and just because it takes place within someone's borders, doesn't mean Morrissey fans can do anything about it. Or is it perhaps that he feels more can be done by the general Canadian public? Because it would be more realistic to have meaningful demonstrations in Spain about bullfighting than effective demonstrations or boy-cuts in Canada in regards to seal clobbering. But this is my question, if you or anyone else knows. Is this not a double standard and if so, why?

Do you think there is good chance of songs from what would be the new album will be played? It would make sense right?! That would be tremendous, and it would make sense based on past tours, and how/when he introduces new songs. I'm glad you said that, I have even more to look forward to for this tour. Not that I am planning on making any shows, yet!

Trying to understand why Morrissey does what he does or thinks what he thinks is a futile en devour. You will end up swirling down a worm hole. Best to just accept things as they are. Thinking of this reminds me of when I was a child and asked my dad why the sky was blue. Not every question has an answer...at least not a good one.

Trying to understand why Morrissey does what he does or thinks what he thinks is a futile en devour. You will end up swirling down a worm hole. Best to just accept things as they are. Thinking of this reminds me of when I was a child and asked my dad why the sky was blue. Not every question has an answer...at least not a good one.

I like your answer.

and what about goose torture in France , and what about whale hunting in Japan, and what about human torture in Turkey, and what about Guantanamo in the USA?

I'm waiting for someone on here to suggest that Morrissey should "only be permitted to sing/live/die in the city of Palitana."

That wouldn't do anything for his cause though.

I'm waiting for someone on here to suggest that Morrissey should "only be permitted to sing/live/die in the city of Palitana."

That wouldn't do anything for his cause though.

He's only allowed to breathe vegan air and listen to the songs of vegan musicians who all must submit a Vow of Vegancy Pledge (shortform) to confirm their Vegan status so his ears are not burdened with foul, non-vegan-inspired notes and words.

He's only allowed to breathe vegan air and listen to the songs of vegan musicians who all must submit a Vow of Vegancy Pledge (shortform) to confirm their Vegan status so his ears are not burdened with foul, non-vegan-inspired notes and words.

- and that's EXACTLY how Bummie lives his life too, right? No...?? Then maybe Bummie is a hypocrite and not the champion of animal rights he stultifyingly pretends to be...

Lots of rumours one date will be SOS Festival in Murcia (SE Spain). The organisers announced today that they're going to reveal a "historic" headliner on Wednesday, so that all fits in well. Dunno how the meat stalls inside the grounds will be affected by his presence though.

N bullfighting in Catalonia Anymore. Went to PrimAvera last year. good festival, good line-up, goes.on till 6am, good food, good company, no camping, great city. I would wager a fair bit one of the shows is PrimAvera.

http://www.20minutos.es/noticia/777158/0/catalunya/toros/correbous/

Catalunya prohíbe las corridas de toros, pero seguirá celebrando sus 'correbous'

Ver más en: http://www.20minutos.es/noticia/777158/0/catalunya/toros/correbous/#xtor=AD-15&xts=467263

Back
Top Bottom