Translation help needed (regularly)

JennyJenny

Hi there!

I'm working on translations of Morrissey/Smiths-Songs into German. Some verse give me a hard time and now and then I fail completly. I keep a web page running with my translations and I really want the thing become complete - one fine day. ;)
To realise this I need someone who would enjoy lend a helping hand from time to time. Which means I'll send mails with problems/questions like once a week or less often. You don't have to speak German!! Anyone interested?? Please send me a private message.

Thanks!!

Sheiße means shit.

Hi there!

I'm working on translations of Morrissey/Smiths-Songs into German. Some verse give me a hard time and now and then I fail completly. I keep a web page running with my translations and I really want the thing become complete - one fine day. ;)
To realise this I need someone who would enjoy lend a helping hand from time to time. Which means I'll send mails with problems/questions like once a week or less often. You don't have to speak German!! Anyone interested?? Please send me a private message.

Thanks!!

hi, jenny :)

i hope you're joking, otherwise i don't understand your effort. have you ever thought that he is the poet who sings his verses in ENGLISH - and it turned out to be perfect. now you want to deconstruct that perfection by translation... no wonder you failed...

maybe i'm deeply wrong...

p.s. regards

hi, jenny :)

i hope you're joking, otherwise i don't understand your effort. have you ever thought that he is the poet who sings his verses in ENGLISH - and it turned out to be perfect. now you want to deconstruct that perfection by translation... no wonder you failed...

maybe i'm deeply wrong...

p.s. regards

I'm pleased the person who first decided to translate Chekov into English didn't ask you first.

wow... lovely people here

i dont have an account thus i dont pm but if you post a question here and i have an answer ill help you. my wife is also a grammar nazi and i can always ask her if its a technical question about englishthats beyond me though she works during the day. believe me she loves helping

i dont have an account thus i dont pm but if you post a question here and i have an answer ill help you. my wife is also a grammar nazi and i can always ask her if its a technical question about englishthats beyond me though she works during the day. believe me she loves helping

Germans, eh?

I'm pleased the person who first decided to translate Chekov into English didn't ask you first.

woho, you got 3 likes - 3 persons understood your improper and incorrect comparison[bold]. great score :rofl:

@jenny: i hope you were not insulted with my answer, i wanted to say that one has to be rather talented and skillful in german to make proper/good translation when singing poetry is subject. :D wish you best with your plan. fact that i'm not registered user here means i cannot contribute. (pitty. but not. because of people here reasoning like j. b.)

regards, jenny.

Back
Top Bottom