Article: Morrissey to play four nights at the Sydney Opera House as headliner of Vivid Live 2015 (Ma

Re: Article: Morrissey to play four nights at the Sydney Opera House as headliner of Vivid Live 2015

"The subsequent release of World Peace Is None of Your Business proved to be a masterpiece that resonated worldwide with fans and critics alike." I missed that ...

How did you miss that?

I fund it hard to believe that Morrissey will come all the way to Australia and not play the Enmore Theatre or other cities. I'm looking forward like crazy to see him at the Opera House but it won't be the same without an Enmore gig.

Re: Article: Morrissey to play four nights at the Sydney Opera House as headliner of Vivid Live 2015

world peace sold a total of 25 ooo copies, in all formats, worldwide. succinctly put, it bombed.

also, its normal for concert goers not to eat and drink at the concert venue. precisely for that reason you will find dozens of food and beverage stands.

I fund it hard to believe that Morrissey will come all the way to Australia and not play the Enmore Theatre or other cities. I'm looking forward like crazy to see him at the Opera House but it won't be the same without an Enmore gig.

you 'fund' it hard to believe? what you should do is learn to spell.

The Cure did the same thing with the Reflections shows - Sydney only at The Opera House for two gigs and that was it for AU.

world peace sold a total of 25 ooo copies, in all formats, worldwide. succinctly put, it bombed.

also, its normal for concert goers not to eat and drink at the concert venue. precisely for that reason you will find dozens of food and beverage stands.

Be careful anon. You are making valid points here. A dangerous en devour. Although who knows how to keep track of what people really hear now a days. With audio sharing, You Tube, and whatever else is used to get music for free. The ground to measure musical success has shifted beyond one's ability to understand. What is left is only the biggest of acts, like Taylor Swift and everything mainstream. The tributaries to the musical river have dried up.

Eat, drink and be merry....just me?

Any concert that requires a ballot is a concert to complicated to worry about attending in my book.

Here in Australia we don't have that luxury.

- - - Updated - - -

you 'fund' it hard to believe? what you should do is learn to spell.

It was obviously a miss hit on the keyboard you moron.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah those numbers are the people who paid for it.

Will this make things harder for the famous Julie / julia to acquire tickets?

Be careful anon. You are making valid points here. A dangerous en devour. Although who knows how to keep track of what people really hear now a days. With audio sharing, You Tube, and whatever else is used to get music for free. The ground to measure musical success has shifted beyond one's ability to understand. What is left is only the biggest of acts, like Taylor Swift and everything mainstream. The tributaries to the musical river have dried up.

Eat, drink and be merry....just me?

25ooo copies means the record company cant possibley recoup expenses, and moz demands top studios in france be paid for, which makes his signing less than likely. its time hes goes the kickstarter route. he will 'fund' lol, that his hardcore fans will hand over their life savings to him no quesions asked, so they are good for one album at the very least.

Here in Australia we don't have that luxury.

- - - Updated - - -

It was obviously a miss hit on the keyboard you moron.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah those numbers are the people who paid for it.

you are a tad slow on the go, arent you? 25000 is an infinestimal amount that cant cover the record companies expenses. maybe you are dumb enough to think the record company is going to sign a human loss leader like moz.

you are a tad slow on the go, arent you? 25000 is an infinestimal amount that cant cover the record companies expenses. maybe you are dumb enough to think the record company is going to sign a human loss leader like moz.

Where on earth can anyone find just how many copies WPINOYB sold? I can't seem to locate the sales info and now I'm curious for curiosity's sake. I don't mind not knowing just how many it sold because, well...it's not any of my business since it doesn't pay my bills in the long run and Morrissey will always have fans anyway.

Where on earth can anyone find just how many copies WPINOYB sold? I can't seem to locate the sales info and now I'm curious for curiosity's sake. I don't mind not knowing just how many it sold because, well...it's not any of my business since it doesn't pay my bills in the long run and Morrissey will always have fans anyway.

i dont think its up anymore as the album was pulled and deleted by the record company. but suffice it, that had it done well, moz wouldnt have gone on a rampage against the record company.

Moz has sold a lot of concert tickets on the back of having a new album out that allows him to play new songs and the greatest hits that those with the attention span of dead goldfish seem to crave. I doubt if anyone knows how many copies of the album were sold. Having it pulled by the record company probably didn't help. If World Peace only sold 25,000 copies then I am amazed, considering the devotion of the hundreds of thousands of fans who attend his concerts. Are you saying most of them illegally downloaded the album? If the truth is 'yes' then they are not real fans. If the truth is 'yes' then I look forward to seeing Moz in smaller venues in future, like Whelans. Nothing wrong with that, and doesn't change the fact that Moz is still the best out there and has been for some time.

25ooo copies means the record company cant possibley recoup expenses, and moz demands top studios in france be paid for, which makes his signing less than likely. its time hes goes the kickstarter route. he will 'fund' lol, that his hardcore fans will hand over their life savings to him no quesions asked, so they are good for one album at the very least.

I get your point, but I am going to throw this out there, what about the "cache" value of signing Morrissey to a label. Many recent day, top selling bands have admitted that he was a musical influence to them. Going as far back as Motown, many artists are drawn to record on a label where their favorite artists recorded, and this could be of value if he ever stayed at a label long enough to draw more economically viable acts. What we both agree on is time is running out. He must recognize this by now, and maybe he will "play ball" for a change. But who are we kidding.

With his voice in top shape, maybe working with younger musicians will infuse some new life into his music. Unlike many artists his age I would still describe him as being an extremely potent singer. A hard driving, pop/rock record maybe too much to ask, but ask me, I won't say "No", how could I?

I get your point, but I am going to throw this out there, what about the "cache" value of signing Morrissey to a label. Many recent day, top selling bands have admitted that he was a musical influence to them. Going as far back as Motown, many artists are drawn to record on a label where their favorite artists recorded, and this could be of value if he ever stayed at a label long enough to draw more economically viable acts. What we both agree on is time is running out. He must recognize this by now, and maybe he will "play ball" for a change. But who are we kidding.

With his voice in top shape, maybe working with younger musicians will infuse some new life into his music. Unlike many artists his age I would still describe him as being an extremely potent singer. A hard driving, pop/rock record maybe too much to ask, but ask me, I won't say "No", how could I?

if he has any cache at all it would be for the being dropped by the most labels.
he will only work with his musicians who go for doing up the songs and giving him most of the credit, top guys in the usa will not go for that foolishness.

if he has any cache at all it would be for the being dropped by the most labels.
he will only work with his musicians who go for doing up the songs and giving him most of the credit, top guys in the usa will not go for that foolishness.

Who are these top guys in the USA that we should all be bowing down to?

Who are these top guys in the USA that we should all be bowing down to?

you dont seem to be the sharpest knife. anyone that wants to get paid.

you dont seem to be the sharpest knife. anyone that wants to get paid.

You've been ranting off topic for a bit now abusing anyone who'll talk to you, good luck with that.

So, the top guys in the USA are anyone that wants to get paid?

Nice logic.

You've been ranting off topic for a bit now abusing anyone who'll talk to you, good luck with that.

So, the top guys in the USA are anyone that wants to get paid?

Nice logic.

no, the top musicians in the usa like to work for free.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom