Morrissey spotted at Billy Idol concert in Los Angeles (Feb. 18, 2015)

So Morrissey was at the Billy Idol show last night...

Photo from losangelesartists / Instagram
#morrissey #thesmiths #80s #thewiltern #wilshireandwestern #omg

idol.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Always remember reading an interview with Ian Astbury where he said one of Billy's favourite things to do was to flop his dick out and walk around as if nothing was wrong.

P.

Always remember reading an interview with Ian Astbury where he said one of Billy's favourite things to do was to flop his dick out and walk around as if nothing was wrong.

P.

Your comment reminds me of this classic scene from "M*A*S*H" where Hawkeye does exactly this. He thinks that M*A*S*H life has gotten so mundane, and everyone is so numb, that no one will realize that he's completely naked strolling through camp and getting his lunch at the mess hall. I can barely hear the sound on this clip, which sucks. Hawkeye's talk with Trapper and his naked stroll take place between the 6:08 to 8:30 segment of this clip. This episode is entitled "Dear Dad...Again," and it's one of the best episodes of the series.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=qNm0Amia2bs

P.S. Not sure anyone really cares about this but..... Also, it's cool Morrissey went to see Billy Idol in concert. I love "Catch My Fall" and "Eyes Without a Face." Wish I coulda seen the show.

My friend has a thing for chicks in mini skirts so like a good friend and letch I took a pic of this girl leaving the show to text him. I probably WALKED RIGHT PAST MORRISSEY AS I WAS DOING THIS. :straightface:

16582179971_416d899417_b.jpg

Billy Idol definitely has been hitting the P90X but he didn't sing in tune much, still a fun evening. Good crowd.

My friend has a thing for chicks in mini skirts so like a good friend and letch I took a pic of this girl leaving the show to text him. I probably WALKED RIGHT PAST MORRISSEY AS I WAS DOING THIS. :straightface:

Billy Idol definitely has been hitting the P90X but he didn't sing in tune much, still a fun evening. Good crowd.

"Skinny wenches will not do..."

Last edited by a moderator:
Your comment reminds me of this classic scene from "M*A*S*H" where Hawkeye does exactly this. He thinks that M*A*S*H life has gotten so mundane, and everyone is so numb, that no one will realize that he's completely naked strolling through camp and getting his lunch at the mess hall. I can barely hear the sound on this clip, which sucks. Hawkeye's talk with Trapper and his naked stroll take place between the 6:08 to 8:30 segment of this clip. This episode is entitled "Dear Dad...Again," and it's one of the best episodes of the series.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=qNm0Amia2bs

P.S. Not sure anyone really cares about this but..... Also, it's cool Morrissey went to see Billy Idol in concert. I love "Catch My Fall" and "Eyes Without a Face." Wish I coulda seen the show.

I used to watch M*A*S*H and then re-runs of it all the time. Something tells me Alan Alda probably had a swim suit on...not sure they ever showed "The Full Monty" so to speak.

Best thing Billy Idol ever did was release the Cradle of Love video. I am still in love with the girl from that video to this very day. :love:

DAMN he's scrawny. Is he ok? He looks like he did in 1984. Wow.

Moz looking the biz!! I would have liked to have seen Billy Lidol too. Afraid I gave up on his book though, still managed Liedons, but neither could come anywhere near the brilliance of Morrissey, the book of my dreams, it came along.

OK, So Billy is a pantomime Punk, but Generation X were really good. Moz has expressed his fondness for them before - and he can only wish he had a guitarist as good as Derwood Andrews.

Moz looking the biz!! I would have liked to have seen Billy Lidol too. Afraid I gave up on his book though, still managed Liedons, but neither could come anywhere near the brilliance of Morrissey, the book of my dreams, it came along.

I realize I'm biased and the crowd and energy and show were amazing, but being completely objective Morrissey puts on a much better show. He doesn't chop his songs up into medleys other than the acapela fun in Speedway, he sings a song from beginning to end. And he sings it in tune. I feel no inclination to catch tonight's show, I'd rather spend 18 bucks to see Best Coast who I know one song rather than stand through a man turning his 80s rock tunes into Vegasesque show tunes. I can't describe it. Did I enjoy it? Yes. But Morrissey puts on a more real show.

:rofl: :rofl: this is hilarious.

p.s. sorry, but it is :)

Come to think of it, his rant about the sad state of popular music doesn't really hold much water when he's spotted at the concert of the guy who made it big with "White Wedding." :lbf:

Sir William of Idol and Morrissey actually have a lot of common ground. Both Englishmen exiled in LA, both from the punk generation who became massive pop stars in the 80s and both anointed with the title of the world's Greatest Living Englishman by people who know no better.

And they do a good top lip sneer

i think he likes generation x and there pretty good pop songs rather than idols solo music. he also it seems to like pop star personas and perhaps not the music song itself though who knows. he could know the man personally for all we know and just be there to hang out. never read idols bio but the one to get is adam ants auto biography. that was incredibly interesting even if you dont like or know nothing about the musical artist. some really neat weird stuff in that book.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom