Buffy Sainte-Marie confirmed as support for five UK March shows - true-to-you.net

Last edited:
Ok, so I'll be the first one to say it.
I'd rather have Kristeen Young supporting, any day of the week.
No support would be better than this even, thankfully Buffy is unable to make it to Nottingham.
No such luck for Leeds, oh well, I'll just arrive a little later.
Thanks, but no thanks.

I can't be bothered going to see him unless he comes to Manchester... and it DOES matter which set he plays. Plenty of drinks / burger breaks in his current set list.

What a random choice. Her music sounds like the kind of thing you would hear at a tarot card reading.

Ouija board, ouija board....

She's clearly had an enormous influence on Morrissey. It would be good to read his reasoning for choosing her. Perhaps Anna Calvi will be playing in Nottingham.

best
BB

I don't understand all the negativity towards Buffy. I think it's a great choice. Too bad she didn't support Morrissey during the European tour a few months back. 'My Country 'tis of thy people you're dying are one of the best protest songs ever written.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't understand all the negativity towards Buffy. I think it's a great choice. Too bad she didn't support Morrissey during the European tour a few months back. 'My Country 'tis of thy people you're dying are one of the best protest songs ever written.

I can't smile about it, now or ever.
And I am pretty sure even at the time it was just as terrible.

I'm still believing there's some botox in the Moz now

nx4z75.jpg

Someone agrees Emil. From 'Autobiograhy' ~

Passage decribing the Kill Uncle American Tour:
" In the midst of all the chaos and violence, the band freezes. It is beyond them. At New Jersey's Garden State I am told that the American national anthem is always played before the artist walks on. I find this absurd and slightly fascist, and although I can't stop it from happening I follow it with an even louder blast of Buffy Sainte-Marie's 'My Country 'tis of thy people you're dying' anti-American detonation.
'Is it having any effect?' I ask from behind the iron curtain.
'No. Everyone just looks confused.'
"

Last edited by a moderator:

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom