This is something of what Morrissey would sound like today if he was still putting out good music

This is something of what Morrissey would sound like today if he were still putting out good music

Rare instances aside, Morrissey essentially stopped putting out quality music after the year 2000. Bands like Future Islands (unintentionally of course) carry on his legacy with qualities of romance and passion, frustration and excitement that the music of Morrissey and The Smiths possessed long ago.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: This is something of what Morrissey would sound like today if he were still putting out good mus

Nope.

Re: This is something of what Morrissey would sound like today if he were still putting out good mus

What the shit did I just watch.

I can't remember the first time I heard that song, or where, because I never listen to music radio.

I remember the last time I heard it though.

It was just after he started dancing.

I can't remember the first time I heard that song, or where, because I never listen to music radio.

Johnny, that's the most I've laughed all day.

Have another one. I think I prefer this version. It's the lower camera angle.

I don't think it is a bad pop song, actually, but the band need to have a quiet word with someone.

When I first saw that video (last year)...I threw up a little bit.

It reminded me of Action! Image! Exchange!

When I first saw that video (last year)...I threw up a little bit.

I experienced something similar when I first saw this clip last year but...
Two things have changed since, first, I have grown to like this song quite a bit (the same does not apply to the rest of the album unfortunately) and second, I find his live rendition captivating in some strange way. I have found myself pressing the replay button a few times, I guess it's that unique combination of Elton John and Meatloaf (on acid) that I find so hard to resist.
What's not to like? :lbf:

I experienced something similar when I first saw this clip last year but...
Two things have changed since, first, I have grown to like this song quite a bit (the same does not apply to the rest of the album unfortunately) and second, I find his live rendition captivating in some strange way. I have found myself pressing the replay button a few times, I guess it's that unique combination of Elton John and Meatloaf (on acid) that I find so hard to resist.
What's not to like? :lbf:

:lbf: Well, I actually do like both Elton John (the earlier years) and Meat Loaf- so maybe I should give it another try.
It was the dancing that made me think, WTF?!

Tags
2000 has morrissey since sucked
Back
Top Bottom