TTY statement: Iceland

interesting. wonder how much they wouldve made if hed played. guess im just wondering how much both parties will lose financially. neat to see people walk away from money, again both parties. bummer though since flight tickets from here to iceland in may are 99$ with 60$ flights from iceland to london. im thinking of taking a vaca

What's the betting he dictated this statement whilst sat in a 5 star hotel/restaurant where they happily serve slaughtered animals? ;)

If the venue refuse to cater for his request, then he is perfectly within his rights to move on and go elsewhere.

Some of us are more interested in the fact that he's eying up more gigs.

Ugh. I hate those third person posts. :rolleyes:

Iceland - true-to-you.net
2 February 2015

Morrissey has scrapped plans for a show at Harpa Concert Hall in Reykjavik (Iceland) due to the refusal of management at the Harpa Concert Hall to sell only vegetarian food on the night of the projected Morrissey show.
"I love Iceland and I have waited a long time to return, but I shall leave the Harpa Concert Hall to their cannibalistic flesh-eating bloodlust ... " Morrissey has commented.
No other venue in Reykjavik is available.

UPDATE Feb: 3:

DingoAteMyBaby posted the link / clarification:

Morrissey cancels concert at Harpa because meat is served at its restaurants - mbl.is

Excerpt:

Director of Harpa, Halldór Guðmundsson said to mbl.is this morning that negotiations about the concert had only been in early stages and that he had not heard of the issue but directed the enquiry to the concert promoter Halldór Kvaran at concert promoting company RR ehf.

"When the meat issue came up we realised that Harpa wouldn't work out for the concert," said Kvaran. "There are two restaurants in the building as well as a catering service and we can't order them to take meat of all their menus. We didn't even ask them to. We're currently seeing if we can figure out another concert venue for Morrissey in Iceland. "

Last edited by a moderator:
So every venue on the forthcoming tour must have agreed to go meat free for the night.

When did he announce an Iceland date? There must be more dates, then?

Management at the Harpa Concert Hall are ignorant little fools. Bravo to Moz!

interesting. wonder how much they wouldve made if hed played. guess im just wondering how much both parties will lose financially. neat to see people walk away from money, again both parties. bummer though since flight tickets from here to iceland in may are 99$ with 60$ flights from iceland to london. im thinking of taking a vaca

I'm so confused right now. :squiffy:

It's hate-filled posts like this that make me think he has a spin doctor out of touch with reality trying to make him sound edgy and powerful when his true intentions are a tad more serene. Because live interviews I NEVER get this vibe from him.

I mean it can't be lost on him that he was just at a restaurant selling crated baby cows in the menu enjoying a meal. I don't think he made this post. He's not stupid.

Last edited:

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom