TTY statement: Iceland

interesting. wonder how much they wouldve made if hed played. guess im just wondering how much both parties will lose financially. neat to see people walk away from money, again both parties. bummer though since flight tickets from here to iceland in may are 99$ with 60$ flights from iceland to london. im thinking of taking a vaca

How is this not resolved before ever announcing the show?

yeah fellow anon, it does seem foolish to loose out on money in return for refusing to ban one type of food you dont make much return on anyway.

also true rocka, i would have thought the issue resolved before the announcement.

most likely self created drama to sell tickets, not far removed from turning down the tele spot that was never offered.

- - - Updated - - -

Do you think he's pissed and meant to type Ireland ? The home of McDonalds killing headquarters.
Oh beloved Ireland so much to answer for.
It's time to get out the red spray paint and stencils and graffiti Ireland from top to bottom let no building be shown any mercy, I will take great delight seeing all the historic buildings of Ireland de-faced.
Oh well Ireland you know where you can shove your hamburgers !

Benny-the-British-Butcher

I'm so confused right now. :squiffy:

It's hate-filled posts like this that make me think he has a spin doctor out of touch with reality trying to make him sound edgy and powerful when his true intentions are a tad more serene. Because live interviews I NEVER get this vibe from him.

I mean it can't be lost on him that he was just at a restaurant selling crated baby cows in the menu enjoying a meal. I don't think he made this post. He's not stupid.

He could very well eat at a vegetarian restaurant in la every night, but he likes italian and he likes fancier places. I wonder if he does realize the veal being served feet away from him.

I do think he made this statement, though.

Who cares-why do we care- why would anyone care- why are there even 18 comments about this who fricking cares...LAME.
David please start editing your posts to relevant stuff:

Like is he touring and dates
New Material

This is just crap-I keep coming back to this site looking for meaningful stuff --but I get Morrissey farted and did it smell more like apples or flowers and lets debate.

yeah fellow anon, it does seem foolish to loose out on money in return for refusing to ban one type of food you dont make much return on anyway.

also true rocka, i would have thought the issue resolved before the announcement.

I agree on parts of this. How can he go to a restaurant that serves meat yet boycott a venue for not excluding meat? It seems like a bizarre logic to me.

What's the betting he dictated this statement whilst sat in a 5 star hotel/restaurant where they happily serve slaughtered animals? ;)

Ha ha ha good call, I shall go one further and add I don't even think he had any intention of performing in Iceland in the first place. It's just his way of getting some publicity using controversial spin. Why announce it ? Who really needs to know ?
What next ? Morrissey will not be performing in Manchester on the black curtain arena tour because they refused to go meat free.
Please note Steven will happily be performing in Belfast Ireland, the home of the biggest meat suppliers to McDonalds.

The blokes a tit.

I agree on parts of this. How can he go to a restaurant that serves meat yet boycott a venue for not excluding meat? It seems like a bizarre logic to me.

well his name is attached to the venue/show and he makes money off of it so that could be a difference. im betting moz just does what he can and can afford to do and stomachs what he cant like the rest of us. many people i know here in the u.s are very against our never ending wars in the middle east and dont want to support them at all but they still pay there taxes even when they know they can go to fund offenses there. they could refuse to pay, they could move to canada (or someplace that actually doesnt support our war) but they dont because of competing factors and drawing the line where his personal responsibility ends if not his disgust. also still dont know if that really is morrissey. it really doesnt look like him though it makes no difference to my argument here

Ha ha ha good call, I shall go one further and add I don't even think he had any intention of performing in Iceland in the first place. It's just his way of getting some publicity using controversial spin. Why announce it ? Who really needs to know ?
What next ? Morrissey will not be performing in Manchester on the black curtain arena tour because they refused to go meat free.
Please note Steven will happily be performing in Belfast Ireland, the home of the biggest meat suppliers to McDonalds.

The blokes a tit.

benny, ireland is the shipping point of the vast majority of meat patties to the rest of the uk and the continent.
hundreds, if not thousands of freezer containers ship on a daily basis.

but, honestly, after perusing the photograph posted of moz dining at a restaurant in los angeles, what i found most alarming was not that he was dining in an enclosed area with a majority of flesh eaters, but that he seems to have gained considerable weight. he must be close to 120 kilos, you cannot gain so much weight by eating cabbage pizzas.

Blood crykey! What are all those bokes in the UK going to do when they can't stuff their faces with McDonalds, porky pies, and blood sausage? Oh boy and I wonder if Germany is on the back to bleeding the Euros one final time 2015 tour. There are going to be a lot of upset Nazis when they won't be allowed to eat all their Bratwursts while listening to the return of "you're the one for me fatty" to the set list.

most likely self created drama to sell tickets, not far removed from turning down the tele spot that was never offered.

- - - Updated - - -

Do you think he's pissed and meant to type Ireland ? The home of McDonalds killing headquarters.
Oh beloved Ireland so much to answer for.
It's time to get out the red spray paint and stencils and graffiti Ireland from top to bottom let no building be shown any mercy, I will take great delight seeing all the historic buildings of Ireland de-faced.
Oh well Ireland you know where you can shove your hamburgers !

Benny-the-British-Butcher ������

OK, so maybe he meant to type Ireland instead of Iceland, but typing Reykjavik instead of Dublin seems a little unlikely..........

benny, ireland is the shipping point of the vast majority of meat patties to the rest of the uk and the continent.

but, honestly, after perusing the photograph posted of moz dining at a restaurant in los angeles, what i found most alarming was not that he was dining in an enclosed area with a majority of flesh eaters, but that he seems to have gained considerable weight. he must be close to 120 kilos, you cannot gain so much weight by eating cabbage pizzas.
Honestly, the world is full of morons. Are there honestly people who think you can only gain weight by eating meat...

cancelled before actually being announced.. a new record for Moz!

First of all, have you seen morrissey lately? You call this fat?
212sd47.jpg

Secondly, there are plenty of fat vegans. You can still eat vegan baked good.

"Cannibalistic flesh-eating blood lust?" Well, if they are serving humans, fair enough: anyone should morally oppose that.

In his rush to cutting hyperbole, he overreached. Expect the press to call out this gaffe. Not a bright spot for the son of a librarian.

Last edited:
At this stage of his life and career, I say good for Morrissey standing by his convictions. Most people in the world, and usually because of economics, are not afforded the opportunity to say "No!" to receiving pay based on their beliefs, morals, and convictions. The questioning shouldn't be pointed at Morrissey on these matters. It should squarely be pointed at the venues. Really? Your menu has 50 items and only 5 of them have meat. But you can't keep meat off the offerings for one night? Ridiculous. Iceland Morrissey fans...you have the power to make the venue change its ways.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom