Sheffield 1995 sound check video footage?

darby1974

Has the parts of the sound check that were recorded during the recordings for the Introducing Morrissey video ever surfaced?
I wonder if James O'Brien left them with anyone before he passed away.
Anyone ever heard of this footage surfacing?

Loads of other stuff was filmed for the video and never used. Morrissey and James originally wanted a skinhead guy walking in the venue with a "World Of Morrissey" album in his hand to open the program. Sadly it was never used. I think they got wind that Suede had already done that bit and trashed it.

James O'brien passed away? When? How?

James O'brien passed away? When? How? ��

He didn't.
Tim Broad did, in 1993.
James O'Brien directed 'Introducing Morrissey' in 1995.
He's alive and well, last responsible for every visual thing you saw during the 2012 'Jubilympics'. From the sublime to...;)

He also, reportedly, has an extensive archive of Tim Broad film materials, including the delicious footage of the 'Kill Uncle' West Coast tour, excerpts of which he shared with the producers of 'The Importance of Being Morrissey'.

Someday, maybe...

He didn't.
Tim Broad did, in 1993.
James O'Brien directed 'Introducing Morrissey' in 1995.
He's alive and well, last responsible for every visual thing you saw during the 2012 'Jubilympics'. From the sublime to...;)

He also, reportedly, has an extensive archive of Tim Broad film materials, including the delicious footage of the 'Kill Uncle' West Coast tour, excerpts of which he shared with the producers of 'The Importance of Being Morrissey'.

Someday, maybe...

Out of curiosity, is there any professionally recorded footage from Your Arsenal?

I know James personally has he has an attic full of unreleased morrissey footage.

I know James personally has he has an attic full of unreleased morrissey footage.

O you tease...

Happy to know though that Tim's Archive still exists, in some form. Some said there was alot destroyed (on orders of Moz).

Care to offer any descriptive details madasun?

Otherwise, time to grab me sponge & rusty spanner ;)

As i said, someday, maybe....?

Has the parts of the sound check that were recorded during the recordings for the Introducing Morrissey video ever surfaced?
I wonder if James O'Brien left them with anyone before he passed away.
Anyone ever heard of this footage surfacing?

Is it not intercut with the footage recorded during the actual concert, from memory some of the close up shots of Morrissey look "staged".

Back
Top Bottom