new desaparecidos

A

Anonymous

"Omaha's Desaparecidos have signed to Epitaph Records. The band, a political/punk project from Conor Oberst of Bright Eyes, features members of The Good Life, Statistics, Criteria, Cursive and more.

They formed in 2001 and released one album, Read Music / Speak Spanish in 2002. It was followed by MariKKKopa [7-inch] in 2012 and Anonymous [7-inch] in 2013.

The band is promising their Epitaph Records debut for 2015 and will be playing both weekends of Coachella. Before that, they will hit the road with Brand New, Built to Spill, Joyce Manor and Touche Amore."

i would love to see this band with either brand new or joyce manor

This is...HUGE. I adore Conor and Desa's stuff ranks among his best ever. This is HUGE!

i liked read music speak spanish and the last bright eyes release wasnt really my thing so im curious

Have you listened to any of the earlier BE albums?

Have you listened to any of the earlier BE albums?

oh yeah and im a really big fan up to and including im wide awake. i still remember the first time i listened to fevers and mirrors vividly. i was listening to death cab, the shins, the decemberists, bright eyes, neutrsal milk hotel etc

oh yeah and im a really big fan up to and including im wide awake. i still remember the first time i listened to fevers and mirrors vividly. i was listening to death cab, the shins, the decemberists, bright eyes, neutrsal milk hotel etc

All great bands. I also remember listening to Fevers for the first time. Had bought it without having heard a single note from BE. I had just read a small piece on Fevers and I knew instinctively that I would love it. And I did, and I still do. This was in 2003, so a few years after its release.
Nowadays I tend to listen much more to Conors later stuff. 2005 and onwards, at least.

cool. i dont really care for much of the output past im wide awake. its not bad exactly but i find a lot of it boring and to use your term it doesnt move me much. i also dislike digital ash. his first solo album though was really good with his second just being so so. also the folk ensemble he was in, masters of folk maybe, was also really good as was his b-sides album. i find it kinda funny that looks wise he seems to be turning into elliott smith. hopefully this'll turn out alright as well. if you like alt country to use a vuage term try out drag the river. i jjust posted some songs by them in the what song are you listening to now etc thread. good stuff

cool. i dont really care for much of the output past im wide awake. its not bad exactly but i find a lot of it boring and to use your term it doesnt move me much. i also dislike digital ash. his first solo album though was really good with his second just being so so. also the folk ensemble he was in, masters of folk maybe, was also really good as was his b-sides album. i find it kinda funny that looks wise he seems to be turning into elliott smith. hopefully this'll turn out alright as well. if you like alt country to use a vuage term try out drag the river. i jjust posted some songs by them in the what song are you listening to now etc thread. good stuff

I think Digital Ash is one of his best ever. And Cassadaga is very special to me. Very special. His later stuff is more mellow, more mature. He's latest solo album is gorgeous. Mellow, mature, yet deeply personal and very melancholy. If you haven't heard it you must. Now.

Drag the River? I like the band name (obviously). I will check them out.

Are you into Jason Molina?

no never hear of him. well im not against mellow music though mature is a very debatable topic/quality that i dont think is always synonymous with mellow. i mean im a huge fan of a lot of belle and sebastian who almost always starts every album with a whisper and am also a fan of elliott smith who of course was very mellow in sound and devendra banhart. i just dont connect with much of his lyrics these days and find them a little boring but im not saying that youre boring for liking what i dont or anything like that. it just doesnt engage me. ive heard the second solo album if thats the latest and it was ok. felt kinda the same about it as i do about his later works in bright eyes.

no never hear of him. well im not against mellow music though mature is a very debatable topic/quality that i dont think is always synonymous with mellow. i mean im a huge fan of a lot of belle and sebastian who almost always starts every album with a whisper and am also a fan of elliott smith who of course was very mellow in sound and devendra banhart. i just dont connect with much of his lyrics these days and find them a little boring but im not saying that youre boring for liking what i dont or anything like that. it just doesnt engage me. ive heard the second solo album if thats the latest and it was ok. felt kinda the same about it as i do about his later works in bright eyes.

You should check him out. Did solo stuff under his own name, but is perhaps most "famous" for his work in/as Songs: Ohia and Magnolia Electric Co. Absolutely magnificent singer and songwriter. Passed away at the age of 39 in March 2013. Huge loss.

Okay... I think his latest solo album has more in common, at least lyrically, with stuff like I'm Wide Awake and Lifted than, say, Cassadaga. He moved away from the abstract stuff and got back into his more personal mode. Brilliant. And I'm talking about last years Upside Down Mountain, and not Outer South from 2009.

You should check him out. Did solo stuff under his own name, but is perhaps most "famous" for his work in/as Songs: Ohia and Magnolia Electric Co. Absolutely magnificent singer and songwriter. Passed away at the age of 39 in March 2013. Huge loss.

Okay... I think his latest solo album has more in common, at least lyrically, with stuff like I'm Wide Awake and Lifted than, say, Cassadaga. He moved away from the abstract stuff and got back into his more personal mode. Brilliant. And I'm talking about last years Upside Down Mountain, and not Outer South from 2009.

cool i try and do that today. if i forget just remind me, its nothing personal but im kinda intermittently occupied these days with trying to have a child and putting in bids on homes were trying to buy in the next couple of months so really just remind me. magnolia electric co does sound familiar to me though. probably read about it somewhere

cool i try and do that today. if i forget just remind me, its nothing personal but im kinda intermittently occupied these days with trying to have a child and putting in bids on homes were trying to buy in the next couple of months so really just remind me. magnolia electric co does sound familiar to me though. probably read about it somewhere

Sure thing. And life does get in the way of most things. Especially things like those you mention (I can imagine).

Albums to start with:
Songs: Ohia - Lioness
Jason Molina - Let Me Go, Let Me Go, Let Me Go
Magnolia Electric Co. - What Comes After The Blues

But just about anything by any of these acts would work just fine.

Back
Top Bottom