Morrissey rumored for Firefly Festival (Delaware, June 18-21, 2015)

Morrissey - rumored headliner at Firefly Festival in Delaware

http://www.delawareonline.com/story/pulpculture/2015/01/23/firefly-leak/22258743/

635576511530229585-B8EvVQnCQAEKZKY.jpg-large.jpg

At least he was billed higher than Snoopy Dog. Looks like the summer "America Tour" is going to be obscure festivals here and there. Doubt if he will do Coachella again after the "I smell burning flesh, I hope it is human" statement. That was classic because there was some smelly Brit tourist on my left getting an orgasm by stuffing cheeseburgers in his fat face and some Mexican on my right stuffing their fat face with a bacon wrapped hot dog.

I heard that "Interesting Drug" was written about Tommy Lasorda falling backwards after getting hit with a baseball during an All Star game. You know Morrissey likes to tailor his songs towards baseball and baseball players. Word is that Morrissey's Aunt used to take him to baseball games when he was young while galavanting around the USA.

Re: Firefly Festival?

At least he was billed higher than Snoopy Dog. Looks like the summer "America Tour" is going to be obscure festivals here and there. Doubt if he will do Coachella again after the "I smell burning flesh, I hope it is human" statement. That was classic because there was some smelly Brit tourist on my left getting an orgasm by stuffing cheeseburgers in his fat face and some Mexican on my right stuffing their fat face with a bacon wrapped hot dog.

I heard that "Interesting Drug" was written about Tommy Lasorda falling backwards after getting hit with a baseball during an All Star game. You know Morrissey likes to tailor his songs towards baseball and baseball players. Word is that Morrissey's Aunt used to take him to baseball games when he was young while galavanting around the USA.
You think all of his songs were written with baseball players in mind? well i've heard it all now.

- - - Updated - - -

While a fat american was stuffing lard down his throat.

Do you think the seventh inning stretch inspired the opening lines and general theme of TIALTNGO?

First time I ever heard of The Killers, they were opening for Moz right before my eyes. Now it's 11 years on and they are billed above him.What's-his-face and Morrissey should sing "Why Don't You Find Out For Yourself" together.

Were you at the HOB gig too? I was blown away by the Killers when I saw them there and immediately bought their CD from the merch table...

A few Brits do love Bass-Ball, as we called it, although it has dropped sharply in popularity since its invention here in the first half of the 18th century. Our children still play rounders in school, though. A friend of mine and his friends once got ejected from an Oakland Athletics game for shouting "Rounder! Rounder!" during a play-off game.

I <3 Delaware. Home of tax free shopping.

A few Brits do love Bass-Ball, as we called it, although it has dropped sharply in popularity since its invention here in the first half of the 18th century. Our children still play rounders in school, though. A friend of mine and his friends once got ejected from an Oakland Athletics game for shouting "Rounder! Rounder!" during a play-off game.

You see, JB, you CAN write interesting, relevant, grown-up posts when you want to...

First time I ever heard of The Killers, they were opening for Moz right before my eyes. Now it's 11 years on and they are billed above him.What's-his-face and Morrissey should sing "Why Don't You Find Out For Yourself" together.

ok this is weird i am reading this post on my lunch break at my desk and someone's phone starts ringing and the ringtone is "mr brightside" and i got confused

Were you at the HOB gig too? I was blown away by the Killers when I saw them there and immediately bought their CD from the merch table...

The show with the Killers I saw was in LA at The Wiltern. My first thought when they started playing was "a little '80s, no?" but they were good. Their first album is great. Can't say I have followed their career much after that. I vaguely recall seeing their singer with an unfortunate mustache a few years ago.

ok this is weird i am reading this post on my lunch break at my desk and someone's phone starts ringing and the ringtone is "mr brightside" and i got confused

When they played in Cologne two years ago, I went there, because I was in town due to an Adobe event. That is, I was about to go to the Adobe event, wondered if there may be any interesting concerts going on, had a look and was surprised to find out that The Killers were going to play. I literally only went because of the good impression that they had made on me when they stood around me at the Morrissey concert in Oslo in 2009. I got a cheap ticket outside the venue, was surprised that there were no barriers towards the front of the arena and was then incredibly impressed how they got the whole venue with the venue lights on to the song "Mr. Brightside"!! Never ever would I have imagined those blokes in Oslo to be capable of that, even though they manage to catch my attention due to their liveliness. There was certainly something different to them. At the time I didn't know that they were The Killers. I can positively say that it was the only concert ever that I enjoyed from start to finish and where I didn't experience one second of feeling weird. It is the last concert I'll ever have gone to in my life, I have no intentions to ever go to any concerts of them or anybody else, it was a good end to it all.

yeah but theres nothing there and nothing to buy

Yes! I told Fred that I don't know what we will eat when we are down there (we went vegan a month ago) and we will be staying at a hunter's house (super meaty-eaty man). So...we will probably just have to being Vega bars and make it a mini-crash diet. Lol! There is nothing there and their mall...uggggggh. Worst!

yeah good luck with the food. you should see the salisbury "mall". i think the only store i could get anything at was a b dalton way way back in the day. in the town im from youd have to drive a half hour to get anything, usually something at the salisbury mall. i just thought it cool you mentioned how flat everything is there. i use the bay bridge to get home and as soon as you get to kent island its flatland all around.

yeah good luck with the food. you should see the salisbury "mall". i think the only store i could get anything at was a b dalton way way back in the day. in the town im from youd have to drive a half hour to get anything, usually something at the salisbury mall. i just thought it cool you mentioned how flat everything is there. i use the bay bridge to get home and as soon as you get to kent island its flatland all around.

Soooooo flat. So flat. Haha! It's also hot as hell and I wonder of the elevation plays into that.

Soooooo flat. So flat. Haha! It's also hot as hell and I wonder of the elevation plays into that.

yeah but were a watermans town, on the choptank river in the delmarva area, so we get heat and humidity. personally though i love the heat as i just freeze in temps under sixty. im only like 115 pounds and dont do well at all in the cold. if morrissey is really playing the festival me and rachel will see you there with a bunch of our friends who go every year. we can all complain about the area together in person.

One of the dad's at cubscouts told me how he used his tent to camp out at firefly when he brought his teenage kids. He went to see tom petty and keep an eye on his kids. He loved it. Then I see annoying millennials from philly posting about the festival cuz they think they are " alternative" by going. I guess it is a mix. Note.... traffic is a b$tch to get there. Try to avoid the Delaware memorial bridge, wilmington, and philadelphia area around rush hour that Friday. Might venture down if Moz and EOTS are performing.

yeah but were a watermans town, on the choptank river in the delmarva area, so we get heat and humidity. personally though i love the heat as i just freeze in temps under sixty. im only like 115 pounds and dont do well at all in the cold. if morrissey is really playing the festival me and rachel will see you there with a bunch of our friends who go every year. we can all complain about the area together in person.

Sounds like a plan. We can form a mob to force our way to the front, too. Hahahaha!

Sounds like a plan. We can form a mob to force our way to the front, too. Hahahaha!

freds got the mass and ive got the aggressiveness so i dont think getting to the front will be any problem for us. very true about the traffic as well. also why the anger for snoop dog. seems weird

I can beat your Delmarva with my exit zero new jersey, the state that everyone loves to hate. I remember when they changed the tolls on the delaware river bridges to improve traffic flow. When I asked the toll booth guy why it was free to get into new jersey and $3 to get out, he just said "worth it, isn' it?" We wish we could be Philly or Delaware. Anyway, back on topic, I can't stand festivals because I have a portable toilet phobia, but if he plays anywhere else in the area, I will see you there!

lynnda

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom