Morrissey rumored for Firefly Festival (Delaware, June 18-21, 2015)

Morrissey - rumored headliner at Firefly Festival in Delaware

http://www.delawareonline.com/story/pulpculture/2015/01/23/firefly-leak/22258743/

635576511530229585-B8EvVQnCQAEKZKY.jpg-large.jpg

Re: Firefly Festival?

I can beat your Delmarva with my exit zero new jersey, the state that everyone loves to hate. I remember when they changed the tolls on the delaware river bridges to improve traffic flow. When I asked the toll booth guy why it was free to get into new jersey and $3 to get out, he just said "worth it, isn' it?" We wish we could be Philly or Delaware. Anyway, back on topic, I can't stand festivals because I have a portable toilet phobia, but if he plays anywhere else in the area, I will see you there!

lynnda

Lynnda, we love Cape May and I spent almost every summer with my family in Ocean City, Nj. I'm a NJ lover. :)

I, too, hate portable toilets. Yuck! Major germophobe here. I plan to not drink at all, but Fred can't restrain himself from liquids without dying. He's screwed. Luckily, we are ONLY going for Moz and leaving directly after he sings. I have no desire to see anyone else perform.

Lynnda, we love Cape May and I spent almost every summer with my family in Ocean City, Nj. I'm a NJ lover. :)

I, too, hate portable toilets. Yuck! Major germophobe here. I plan to not drink at all, but Fred can't restrain himself from liquids without dying. He's screwed. Luckily, we are ONLY going for Moz and leaving directly after he sings. I have no desire to see anyone else perform.

ive been to jersey a bunch of times though and yeah it can get annoying but theres also good stuff there if you can afford it and culture and non dial up internet which a lot of places dont have where im from because of the water (were on the coast of an ocean and we are a peninsula and poor so not much incentive to put towers in). you also have stuff you can drive to which doesnt really happen here unless your willing to drive about an hour an fifteen min. jersey has some bad and good but here its just very homogeneously crappy and theres no variation to anything and because of the lack of internet people here are very unknowledgeable and superstition still reigns. its got good points to for some who like the life but unless you wanna work on trucks or boats i dont see much opportunity for anyone so those who can leave and those who cant stay and continue.

As long as Spoon or The Killers aren't the same day....hahaha

yeah spoons awesome and better live imo. modest mouse also puts on a good show (depends on how drunk he is) though i dont like the killers. wouldnt mind catching empire of the sun either

I can tell you know NJ because you know where exit zero is! I was actually considering just going for M and then leaving. I loved the Killers' first two records but they seemed to fizzle after that. That seems to be a pattern with many artists; they have two or three strong records but they can't sustain their creativity. That's one of the resasons that I have so much admiration for Morrissey. He's made interesting, beautiful music in four consecutive decades. How many artists can make that claim? He's also managed to keep much of his core audience unyieldingly devoted for all of these years. I can't think of any other artist whom I've followed in the past who still commands my attention. Hopefully, we will have multiple venues to choose from, and I'm sure I'll see you guys at every one of them!

lynnda

There's an update on the Firefly FB page and Twitter saying the official acts announcement has been delayed.

Firefly Festival @LiveAtFirefly · 2h 2 hours ago
Sorry to disappoint you but #FireflyLineup won't be out today. Final approvals taking longer than expected. It'll be worth the wait.

There's an update on the Firefly FB page and Twitter saying the official acts announcement has been delayed.

Firefly Festival @LiveAtFirefly · 2h 2 hours ago
Sorry to disappoint you but #FireflyLineup won't be out today. Final approvals taking longer than expected. It'll be worth the wait.

Fred and I saw this and chuckled because we imagined it is solely Morrissey holding up the line up's announcement. Tee-hee! I mean that in the most flattering of ways, of course. ;)

Apparently, Firefly accidentally leaked their lineup on their mobile app today ahead of the official announcement at 3 p.m. EST. It's looking like the leaked lineup was legitimate. If that's the case, I think we can reasonably expect a US tour announcement sometime soon, as I doubt Morrissey would play a one-off show at a festival in Delaware of all places.

http://imgur.com/a/NYQd2

Re: Firefly Festival

Don't people eat/cook meat (flesh) at festivals?

There's no way I'll go there (I'm from NJ, too, have family that live RIGHT at Firefly location in DE - has gotten worse the past few years) - would love to see some of the acts, but the rest of the things you have to put up with, to me, is just not worth it. Fingers crossed he'll announce more shows in the area!

Morrissey plays on the first day of the festival: Thursday.

Sorry if this is a repeat.

image.jpg

View attachment 33738

In the highly unlikely event that NO other US dates are announced, I really think I would take a pass on this, even though (relatively speaking) it's withing easy striking distance for me.

I'm in the same boat and kind of agree with you...although it would be tempting if he was THAT close.

In the highly unlikely event that NO other US dates are announced, I really think I would take a pass on this, even though (relatively speaking) it's withing easy striking distance for me.

- - - Updated - - -

Is that official or just an annoucement for the festival in general?
I'm just thinking they put that date there as it's the first day.
Not to doubt your word, just wondering where this is from! :)

View attachment 33738

I was on the fence about going UNTIL this morning. It was the ticket price that stumped me. I'd literally be paying $249 GA (a pop with Fred in tow) to just see Mozzer sing and we'll have to lug the whole family down there to my mom's house (in Dover, which is only an hour 1/2 trip, but dreadful because one of the kids is the carsick King) and dump them on the grands and have to worry the whole time about Mini-Moz saying something horrible to them. Fred and I said, "NO." Then, this morning, someone stupidly let me in on the fact that there are single-day passes being sold closer to the event (April/May). I'm back to the drawing board now. I may be going now that I know it may be worth it price-wise.

As for the whole Thursday thing, I'm not sure. They usually know the venue and date and time because they alert you as to when the performer is coming so you can buy tickets. I'm assuming they are accurate since I've used them in the past for other shows. If he plays on Thursday and the single-day passes aren't too costly, we're definitely going.

I was on the fence about going UNTIL this morning. It was the ticket price that stumped me. I'd literally be paying $249 GA (a pop with Fred in tow) to just see Mozzer sing and we'll have to lug the whole family down there to my mom's house (in Dover, which is only an hour 1/2 trip, but dreadful because one of the kids is the carsick King) and dump them on the grands and have to worry the whole time about Mini-Moz saying something horrible to them. Fred and I said, "NO." Then, this morning, someone stupidly let me in on the fact that there are single-day passes being sold closer to the event (April/May). I'm back to the drawing board now. I may be going now that I know it may be worth it price-wise.

As for the whole Thursday thing, I'm not sure. They usually know the venue and date and time because they alert you as to when the performer is coming so you can buy tickets. I'm assuming they are accurate since I've used them in the past for other shows. If he plays on Thursday and the single-day passes aren't too costly, we're definitely going.
I'm holding out for a full US tour announcement because it seems so unlikely that a festival appearance in Delaware would be his only US date. Failing that, I'll get a single day ticket if/when they go on sale.

I'm holding out for a full US tour announcement because it seems so unlikely that a festival appearance in Delaware would be his only US date. Failing that, I'll get a single day ticket if/when they go on sale.

Fred said that most festival contracts have a clause in which the performer can't do any other shows within a certain mile radius. That leaves us stranded since we're in Philly and we can't travel far because we don't have a good support system for babysitters. If he does Dover and can't do any other shows close to us (Baltimore, DC, Philadelphia, etc.), we're up shit's creek and will have to wait. ORRRRR...we could always see him twice. I'll try anything twice.

P.S. Don't have children.

He's playing the Tower Theater in Philly..book it..

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom