What do you want from the set-list in the March 2015 tour?

Re: What do you want from the set-list in the March tour?

- The recent album is really good but I'd rather hear 5 or 6 songs than the 10 we got live in December.
- I'd be happy to hear nothing from the Quarry/ROTT/YOR era but nice to hear some Quarry b-sides if he's going to play any of that stuff
- We've had all the big Smiths songs but maybe a few that he hasn't played before (or much) e.g. I Won't Share You, Paint a VP, Hooligan and Well I Wonder
- more pre-Southpaw solo e.g. Bona Drag songs and a couple from the KU era (Sing Your Life, Driving Your G/f).
- 2 or 3 brand new songs (from the 14 he says he's written).

He could also play Get Off The Stage too - just for the lolz.

Money Changes Everything

AMMUNITION!

Moz, finally play my favourite song live, even if I won't be there to hear it!

There are many songs I'd love to hear live, but last night I stumbled onto a video of Morrissey singing Late Night Maudlin Street live. I've never heard it live before and it blew me away. His voice is haunting and quite beautiful. I posted it in the "What are you listening to" thread last night. So, that's top of the list right now.

A live version of Late Night was actually a b-side to the I Just Want To See The Boy Happy single.

Opened in Port Chester - first performance of this song since 1986. Check out the crowd reaction as he starts singing:

Yes - I've seen this and it's brilliant. Sends chills! :) Thanks, Doc!

Last edited by a moderator:

A live version of Late Night was actually a b-side to the I Just Want To See The Boy Happy single.

Hi Ryan. I didn't know that as I don't own every single. I do have the Singles Collection 1986-1992 Limited Edition 13 CD Box Set and a few singles on vinyl, but not that one. It's amazing live. I hope he will once again add it to a set list at some point in the future.

Anything from Vauxhall or Bona Drag. That'll do me.

If I was going (which I'm not):
My Dearest Love
Forgive Someone
Drag the River
Now my heart is full
Jack the Ripper
Please Please...
We'll Let You Know
Whatever Happens I Love You
Alma Matters
Ammunition
Lost

And so on.

When is the last time he played Jack the Ripper?

1. Lifeguard on Duty
2. A Swallow on my Neck
3. Suedehead
4. At Amber
5. Happy Lovers United
6. Why don't you find out for Yourself
7. Trouble loves Me
8. Hairdresser on Fire
9. Intresting Drug
10. I Am Hated for Loving

1. Lifeguard on Duty
2. A Swallow on my Neck
3. Suedehead
4. At Amber
5. Happy Lovers United
6. Why don't you find out for Yourself
7. Trouble loves Me
8. Hairdresser on Fire
9. Intresting Drug
10. I Am Hated for Loving

nice swallow on my neck is a really good choice. i love that song

another psychedelic:rofl:thread - 'jukebox' morrissey

come back to camden

safe, warm lancashire home

mountjoy

oboe concerto

In all honesty, at this point I'd rather just hear him play a longer show.

People complain that he plays too much from World Peace, but the whole album clocks in at a little less than an hour. If he played a two hour show he could play the album in its entirety and probably still please the less diehard fans.

And if we are going just by songs the band played on the last American/European tour we are talking about a lot of classics and great tracks--Hand In Glove, Queen is Dead, How Soon is Now, Asleep, Everyday is Like Sunday, Suedehead, Girl Least Likely To, Certain People I know, National Front Disco, Speedway, Disappointed, Troubles Loves Me, Yes, I Am Blind, and some other great ones I am probably forgetting. If he played a two hour set consisting of World Peace plus the obligatory Meat Is Murder, and whatever combination of those songs would make up the remaining hour I think it would be a damn fine set list.

5. Happy Lovers United

I laughed when that song was first leaked on that bootleg it was called Happy Lovers United, then when Moz officially released it, he had it retitled Happy Lovers At Last United just as a slap in the face.

In all honesty, at this point I'd rather just hear him play a longer show.

People complain that he plays too much from World Peace, but the whole album clocks in at a little less than an hour. If he played a two hour show he could play the album in its entirety and probably still please the less diehard fans.

And if we are going just by songs the band played on the last American/European tour we are talking about a lot of classics and great tracks--Hand In Glove, Queen is Dead, How Soon is Now, Asleep, Everyday is Like Sunday, Suedehead, Girl Least Likely To, Certain People I know, National Front Disco, Speedway, Disappointed, Troubles Loves Me, Yes, I Am Blind, and some other great ones I am probably forgetting. If he played a two hour set consisting of World Peace plus the obligatory Meat Is Murder, and whatever combination of those songs would make up the remaining hour I think it would be a damn fine set list.

If only he'd play sets as long as The Cure do.

oh my dearest love would be great. the ba...ba da da da..da at the end would go down a strom. he sounds so angry at that part, like he cant even find words

I want Michael Hann to be bummed.

BACKDROP- deidre barlow from 80s corrie

the boy racer
billy budd
boxers
satan rejected my soul
trouble loves me
don't make fun of daddys voice
jeane
miserable lie
handsome devil
last of the famous......
last night I dream............
I don't mind if you forget me
this is how it feels (inspiral carpets cover) intro leading in to the never played symphonies leading in to reel around the fountain

encore
my love life
we hate it when........
what difference does it make

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom