Marr to join Morrissey onstage on one of the 2015 UK gigs?

Re:

at the time, i genuinely believed that was going to happen. i feel like a f***ing idiot.

Everyone was freaking out because they saw an instagram pic of the stage with an extra microphone set up, and Twitter was ablaze with rumors of Morrissey actually being in the venue.

Re:

Last night I dreamt......this happened.

They met in a room and Johnny was really sad......they left the room to go outside to talk. It was to the point that both were lightly crying......I was trying to look out the window to see/hear what they were talking about but didn't want them to see me. Both were apologizing for being idiots to each other.

Then I ended up onstage where Morrissey was playing a Rickenbacker and doing guitar bits for "Jack The Ripper" and Boz was on bass. Johnny came out at one point in another song to play some guitar.

Then I was reading a newspaper which had "clues" about the reunion and you sort of had to figure out where the venues were going to be and when.

So this all seems very possible :lbf:

Re:

Everyone was freaking out because they saw an instagram pic of the stage with an extra microphone set up, and Twitter was ablaze with rumors of Morrissey actually being in the venue.

if i recall correctly, UncleSkinny got all excited too. This tipped me over the edge.

i regret nothing

Re:

On a level of one to ten exactly how stupid would you have to be to think Morrissey would turn up on stage at one of Marr's concerts?

Re:

On a level of one to ten exactly how stupid would you have to be to think Morrissey would turn up on stage at one of Marr's concerts?

Eleven. It was an embarrassing leap of faith, and I honestly can't remember why I believed it. Maybe I got caught in the crowd. I won't make that mistake again though, don't worry.

Stranger things have happened - Bowie turning up at MSG in 91, and Alan Wilder returning for one song with Depeche Mode in 2009. But I digress - there's literally no way Morrissey and Marr will ever get back together in any way and I am comfortable with that.

Re:

Eleven. It was an embarrassing leap of faith, and I honestly can't remember why I believed it. Maybe I got caught in the crowd. I won't make that mistake again though, don't worry.

Stranger things have happened - Bowie turning up at MSG in 91, and Alan Wilder returning for one song with Depeche Mode in 2009. But I digress - there's literally no way Morrissey and Marr will ever get back together in any way and I am comfortable with that.

These things are not stranger than a Morrissey/Marr reunion. That would have to be the strangest moment in pop if that happened.

Re:

Won't disagree, hence why it absolutely certain never to happen.

Re:

yeah it's pointless replies that are contributing to the problem

Morrissey says the majority of his post-Smiths work is stronger than the Smiths. Why would he reunite with people he thought made subpar material? he would probably reunite with Alan before Johnny, from his standpoint.

He sure does play enough of them though, doesn't he? And who is "Alan?"

Morrissey says the majority of his post-Smiths work is stronger than the Smiths. Why would he reunite with people he thought made subpar material?

Maybe because what Morrissey says is one thing and what Morrissey believes is another.

of course it will happen- then bono will join the stage then ed sheeran followed by bowie simon le bon seal phil Collins and the cheeky girls to record the new version of do they know its easter 2015 - my nan took her tarantula to the vets the other day and was told this by a woman in the waiting room who is the 3rd cousin removed of a bloke who balanced morrisseys nearside front tyre in 1994- watch this space

He's joining Noel Gallagher on stage for one song at a gig, not Morrissey.

Enjoying the banter!
Bringing it back down to earth a mo, Joyce is on record saying he's up for a reunion. What about Rourke? Anyone know. TBH, I haven't seen anything about his views on reunion.

I'm still holding my breath ref. Marr and the BIC gig......... (Just thought I'd kick it off again!)

Back
Top Bottom