Marr to join Morrissey onstage on one of the 2015 UK gigs?

A

Anonymous

Has anyone heard about this?? Was in a record shop today talking to the owner, and he reckons, from one of his 'connections' that Johnny Marr will join Morrissey on stage for one song for one gig only. Has anyone else heard this?
I'm going to the BIC gig, so one can only hope........
Cheers

Has anyone heard about this?? Was in a record shop today talking to the owner, and he reckons, from one of his 'connections' that Johnny Marr will join Morrissey on stage for one song for one gig only. Has anyone else heard this?
Cheers

no i havent heard this anywhere but itd be nice to see them being ok with each other on stage. no reunion like they said but a moment of nostalgia for them should be personally sweet to see and personally rewarding to them. if true i wonder what song theyd play. also if johnny just had to cancel the rest of his over seas dates because of a sick family member and disappoint all the fans who bought tickets and made time to see that then it seems doubtful that hed go to this as scheduled. dont know for sure, just sayin

Cheers

Srsly? Ticket sales slow much? :rolleyes:

Re:

Remember that time Morrissey and Johnny Marr were both in Ireland at the same time and Morrissey joined Marr on stage to perform?

I wonder if it will top that performance?

Re:

Remember that time Morrissey and Johnny Marr were both in Ireland at the same time and Morrissey joined Marr on stage to perform?

i hadnt thought of that but morrissey turning up at johnnys gig to do a johnny song with him would blow my mind and be better than the inversion

Re:

I remember it happening in my dreams.

Morrissey says the majority of his post-Smiths work is stronger than the Smiths. Why would he reunite with people he thought made subpar material? he would probably reunite with Alan before Johnny, from his standpoint.

Re:

That was great - I loved how they threw the audience a curve ball by performing a cover duet of Sonny and Cher's 'I've Got You Babe' instead of the expected Smiths song. There wasn't a dry eye in the house.*

[*well, with the exception of Jesse Tobias, who glared daggers from backstage]

Cheers

Yes, the old Rag and Bone man in Salford told me the exact same thing when I time traveled back to 1889 at 3:15 this morning, it must be true then.

Re:

he was very still and stiff at that performance though

Dear fellow Mozza/ Smiths fans,
Thank you for your contributions thus far, especially those who still hope and dream that they could be reunited. Those who just post negative or mildly insulting comments, well, maybe you should substitute the one-thumbed-drunken-monkey at your keyboard for a hopeful, happy, and articulate human, responding with well reasoned arguements or opinions.

You may have noticed my own scepticism in my opening thread, by putting 'connections' in quotation marks.
Do I really believe that Marr will turn up? Probably not. Just hopeful on an extremely wafer thin rumour. I wondered within our fan community if anyone else had heard the same.

As for the comment about Moz rating his own work higher than the Smiths, well, of course he would have that opinion! He's not gonna say 'bummer, my best work was over 25 years ago, everything I've done since doesnt compare'.
For the record, as if you don't know, 20/25% of his current set consists of Smiths songs, so, he must rate them a bit. Do the maths.

But I find it amazing we all think we know the mind of Mozza. He plays us, the media, and everyone else the way he wants. Who knows what he's thinking?? Apparently he doesn't Luke this fans website. But hey, maybe he does? It's Mozza, remember. He may be reading this forum right now ands think to himself 'getting Marr to do a number, that's a top idea!' who knows.
If he wants to do a few reformation gigs one day (for whatever reason), he won't give 2 hoots what he's said before- he will just announce it one day.
And as for his autobiography, it's under the 'fiction' section in my bookcase (metaphorically- I don't categorise my books! Just my vinyl.....). Don't get me wrong- I loved the book, as I'm a fan.
He's told us he basically hates Joyce. But who really knows? He tells us what he wants to tell us, and we all lap it up. He probably goes out drinking with Joyce in Portland, occasionally bumping into Marr. Probably all wearing t-shirts ssying 'Im with stupid', talking about the old days snogging girls, drinking beer, paying gigs, and playing the media. Rourke got an invite to Porrland, but he couldn't make it :(, so Gannon turned up instead, wearing a Salford Lads t- shirt.
I've lost my own thread here .... :)

What's my point? Don't believe all rumours- though some may be true! Don't believe what Morrissey says to the media. Hes playing us all.
He will probably contact the Daily Mail next week and announce a Smiths reunion!

Enjoy the music, and may Marr appear at the BIC gig in March 2015 :)

Re:

at the time, i genuinely believed that was going to happen. i feel like a f***ing idiot.

Re:

I saw Morrissey and Marr onstage last night.

Smiths tribute Band

Rourke and Joyce were there too.

Re:

Yes, there was always a bit of sexual tension between those two.

Funny. What was the name of that poster had on stage at one point. The one with the football player. That's what I was trying to make a joke out of though I do believe I failed there

Re:

How is Johnny on bass guitar?
;)
FWD

Back
Top Bottom