TTY: The Bullfighter Dies - single

Re: TTY: The Bullfighter Dies / single

Has this original "French Mix" surfaced anywhere yet?

The cover art is just embarrassing

Why did he bother announcing this? I do remember thinking it was odd there was no physical singles released.

Has this original "French Mix" surfaced anywhere yet?

Not so far. Maybe what we have is that mix.

At least it has a bar code on the back.

I don't think I've seen quite so many hideous colours on one small sleeve. It reminds me of that time I vomitted some pea soup :sick:

SPM/TTY mentions a French version of 'One of our Own', yet the reverse sleeve lists 'Scandinavia', "mixed by Joe Chiccarelli".

I seem to recall there was a 'French version' of 'Scandinavia' listed somewhere as a b-side to one of that series of singles that was mooted/pre-ordered at one point.

Or am I mental?

I don't think I've seen quite so many hideous colours on one small sleeve. It reminds me of that time I vomitted some pea soup :sick:

SPM/TTY mentions a French version of 'One of our Own', yet the reverse sleeve lists 'Scandinavia', "mixed by Joe Chiccarelli".

I seem to recall there was a 'French version' of 'Scandinavia' listed somewhere as a b-side to one of that series of singles that was mooted/pre-ordered at one point.

Or am I mental?

I seem to recall something about a French Mix of Scandinavia as well.

I dunno, everything to do with Harvest has been confusing. Right down to God damn clone stamps.

- - - Updated - - -

Not so far. Maybe what we have is that mix.

At least it has a bar code on the back.

Hopefully it's a drastically different sounding mix like Mikey's version of Sweetie-Pie. Not that there's anything wrong with One Of Our Own as-is, but a different take would interest me.

That label colouring reminds me of "This Perfect Day" By The Saints.

Minimalist, I like it.

I like the sleeve more than I like the record which is the worst on World Peace by some distance imo. I know his choices of singles are quirky but the release of this and That's How People Grow Up as singles is unfathomable.

I'm still sticking with my theory he hates the way he looks, which is ridiculous because he looks fantastic.

I'm still sticking with my theory he hates the way he looks, which is ridiculous because he looks fantastic.

Not really, he had this one taken just recently:

292uqtt.jpg

Not really, he had this one taken just recently:

292uqtt.jpg

That filter isn't flattering. He looked great in all the onstage photos and the Rome candids.

The Bullfighter Dies

Posted on True To You today: details about the aborted plan for issuing 'The Bullfighter Dies' as a single.
Personally I don't see the purpose of the post on True To You unless it could be a future single.

8 January 2015

The Bullfighter Dies / single

The 45 pictured below was scheduled for global release by Harvest, but scrapped by Steve Barnett at the last minute. The b-side was the original French mix of the song One of Our Own.

I'm confused. He posted information about a single that was supposed to come out and never did? Why must we be taunted like this?? :)

I don't know why he mentioned it. Now I want it!

I thought the lack of 45's was odd. Harvest really screwed him- he deserved better.

I'm confused. He posted information about a single that was supposed to come out and never did? Why must we be taunted like this?? :)

probably a jab at harvest or something such.

if a mag or some publication doesnt want to pay for a photog session they just use an old pic that they choose or they both work out something before hand. im guessing the publications are choosing the pics and not him. he also recently seemed pretty ill and might just have wanted to not have photos of him looking sick. these are my guesses as he now seems fine with photos being taken of him in the now and with them being published

Attachments

• the_bullfighter_dies_01.jpg
    the_bullfighter_dies_01.jpg
    187.9 KB · Views: 49
  • the_bullfighter_dies_02.jpg
    the_bullfighter_dies_02.jpg
    128.5 KB · Views: 43
Last edited by a moderator:
P3805.jpg

You can't knock the design, this is just another in a long series of Morrissey re-creating his beloved 45rpm 7" singles collection.

Attachments

• P3805.jpg
    P3805.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 4

probably a jab at harvest or something such.

if a mag or some publication doesnt want to pay for a photog session they just use an old pic that they choose or they both work out something before hand. im guessing the publications are choosing the pics and not him. he also recently seemed pretty ill and might just have wanted to not have photos of him looking sick. these are my guesses as he now seems fine with photos being taken of him in the now and with them being published

He was sickly looking during the US tour. Thank goodness he's better now.

He holds grudges and is jabbing at harvest again. They deserve it. I hope he finds a great record label soon.

It's not an unfathomable choice for a single. It's catchy, easy on the ears. It's well crafted pop. Pop with a nice message. Not a masterpiece, but quite good.

His worst single must be Fatty or something. Or Our Frank. Never been a fan of All You Need Is Me either.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom