sum 'wpinoyb' tour 2014

• Thread starter Anonymouswithapologies
  • Start date
A

Anonymouswithapologies

how would you sum wpinoyb 2014 tour?

p.s. no cheese and pestana's, please.

Quite successful, at least as compared to tours in 2012 and 2013. His voice was in great shape, the audiences seemed to enjoy themselves, and he played at a number of quite big venues.

Hopeful that he makes it back to the US to hit NYC, Chicago, etc. that were cancelled last year.

what he said. id add that the shows were all pretty well attended and successful with a distinct lack of print interviews and articles tv spots etc. perhaps shows they relevency in the cyber age

Definitely a success. This was the first tour since 2012 that he's completed, and only with a minimal amount of drama.

Big success!

Also I'd like to mention that a large chunk of the new album was played on this tour.
This is significant because most artists of Morrissey's vintage usually play one or two new songs and rely heavily on the greatest hits.

This just proves to me that Morrissey is still current, relevant and vital.

Well...... I bet if you asked most in the audience if they'd have preferred 4 of the new songs to be swapped out for 4 classics, I think about 97% would have said "YES." I'm not saying Morrissey isn't current, relevant and vital - he is - but it's not because he chooses to sing an audience-challenging setlist.

agreed though he did get a bunch of new fans who were very young and only know him from quarry onward. that segment has surprisingly been larger than i once thought. i agree though mostly so maybe well say way more relevant. he can do sets of all new material and i think the majority would still leave very happy

Big success!

Also I'd like to mention that a large chunk of the new album was played on this tour.
This is significant because most artists of Morrissey's vintage usually play one or two new songs and rely heavily on the greatest hits.

the old stuff is still current relevant and vital to me

Back
Top Bottom