Christmas presents: The Best and the Worst

Fiona

Love Morrissey ♥
I thought it'd be fun to see some of the best and worst presents you've been given at Christmas, over the years, have been.

Obviously no harm intended - I know gifts are given with kind generosity, but still - I'm sure in the spirit of humour, some of us have a memory of that dodgy gift you were given.

I'll start off!

My best presents? Probably my series box set of Six Feet Under (US TV series), or my Kindle tablet, because I'm addicted to reading.

Worst presents? Probably the year that different people got me hand cream (for some odd reason?) and I ended up with 6 various bottles. Or the year I was given a duck with a soap dish in its tail. Random, but funny.

a1a1a1.jpg

Re: Christmas presents: The Best and the Worst.

I usually do well at christmas, my wife's a fan of getting people to chip in for something "proper" rather than lots of bits of tat. So in the past I've had favourites that include an Ipad, The Smiths Complete, and a monitor. the least memorable was probably a set of Olive dishes.

Had to smile at that. I wonder who looked at you and thought, "I know what this guy needs! An olive dish!" ;)

Smiths Complete Deluxe was a pretty good present a few years ago.

Worst ever - 3rd-hand bicycle, plain black, bought off a neighbour's male au pair. It was huge and I was tiny.

Had to smile at that. I wonder who looked at you and thought, "I know what this guy needs! An olive dish!" ;)

My sister bless her, we'd had a conversation a while earlier and I'd mentioned that I'd discovered the joy that is the olive, she told me she thought it was a thoughtful personal thing to do, when she gave it to me almost apologetically. She's a love and I'm not easy to buy for, it was a nice set of dishes, although I have no idea where it is now.

Back
Top Bottom